LIMS #4 - The Ultimate Test of Creativity - Final Results Up

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by 4ENSIX, Jul 19, 2007.

1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Re: LIMS #4 - The Ultimate Test of Creativity - Signups now

Welcome back Chloe! Hope you had a nice time. I will be leaving in a few hours. Kind of sad I am missing this next challenge.....hopefully I will be back in time to vote. Happy I can use my pass for this round! :D

2. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Thanks very much, Katrina! I actually had an absolutely horrific time at camp (I really don't want to talk about it :(), but thanks for thinking of me! I hope you have an awesome time doing whatever it is you're doing. :)

Anyway, this brings me to the long-awaited next challenge.

NO SELECTIVE COLOURING
    Like Hormiga so clearly pointed out earlier, is there really a way for me to know if you're using selective colouring? The answer is no. I can't tell. But like I also pointed out earlier, you're only cheating yourself if you cheat (sorry for the awkward wording of that sentence), and it's just more fun for everybody involved.

Remember, only submit one icon. Please PM it to me, 4ENSIX by 11:59 p.m. GMT on Sunday, August 26th. If you choose not to enter this round, PM me and tell me that you'll be using your free pass for this round. BUT REMEMBER! You only have one free pass until the very end - so use it wisely! Also, I do not assume that if you don't enter, you are using your free pass. You need to tell me or you will be automatically eliminated.

For this round, you may not use selective colouring. If you want to play with Hue and Colour Balance, that's totally fine! Just don't click that tempting little SC button. ;)

In addition to the LIMS-specific rules, please abide by the other relatively standard rules:

+Do not go prancing around posting your icons all over the place until after the round is over. I know from experience that you're all just going to show each other over MSN and whatnot anyway, so if you do...don't tell me. ;)
    +Your entry must not exceed 100x100px or 40kb and must be in .jpg, .png or .gif format.
    +Please refrain from using animated icons.
    +In your PM to me, please include both the image and URL (if you have fewer than 100 posts, then the URL only is okay :)) and in the subject line, please title it something like LIMS Round 2 or something similar. Challenges make for a messy inbox. ;)
    +Use only the provided pics for this challenge.
    +Enter one icon and one icon only.

To sum up...

RESTRICTIONS:
    +Animations
    +Selective Colouring

You may only use the following pics for this round:

Stella
    Danny
    Horatio
    Calleigh
    Nick
    Sara

(Thanks to Beyond Imagination for the CSI caps and to CSI Caps for the CSI: NY and CSI: Miami caps.)

Feel free to PM me if there are any questions. Good luck to everybody! I can't wait to see the icons!

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Yay! New round! And some nice pics to work with!

Just to clarify... colour layers are allowed?

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good time, Chloe *huggles*

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Woo! Can't wait to get started. :D

It sucks that you didn't have a very good time away, Chloe. :( I hope the rest of your week will go smoothly. :) *snuggles* (Bah, I never get to talk to you on MSN anymore. :eek:)

And er, I guess one of us has to be the clueless/incessant question asker so I'll have a go. :p

What exactly is 'Selective Colouring'? Just wondering if someone might mind explaining it so I don't inadvertently use it with my program. :lol: (Photofiltre)

And like Megan asked, I'm curious about using Colour Layers -- Since it's a big part of my program. (Gawd I need Photoshop)

Also, great pictures!

5. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Yes, colour layers are allowed. :) Like I said, any type of colouring is fine as long as you don't hit that tempting SC button.

And Geni, don't worry about asking incessant questions - there's no such thing. ;) Selective colouring is similar to fooling around with the colour balance, except it's...selective... :rolleyes: Basically, you'll pick a colour family (e.g. Reds) and fool around with the colour balance within the reds.

6. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Chloe! You're back! *huggles to death* I'm so sorry about camp (as you know, I happen to be talking to you right now) And this challenge makes me happy, because I don't even have selective coloring. So I'm set.

Thanks, as always, Chloe.

7. Finch

^ Thanks for the explanation, Chloe. :D Turns out my program has that. :lol: Whew, good thing I know where to find it so I can steer clear, lol.

And just let me say, thank GOD (or Chloe :p) colour layers are allowed.

8. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Haha, you're welcome, Geni. Just one thing - don't equate me with God. ;) I'm not God, nor would I want to be. I think He has WAY too hard a job.

I sure hope that the fact that nothing has been happening in this thread for two weeks doesn't mean that people have forgotten about it! :eek:

9. Finch

^ Well with the saying, instead of saying 'thank God' it seemed weird because he didn't set up the challenge, so I said 'Chloe' :p (Didn't mean to make myself seem unclear, sorry about that, lol)

I'm sure no one has forgotten about the challenge. :) I think we're all itchin' to get back at it!

10. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

*glomps* OMG Chloe I looooovvve you! :D A Sara picture?? :lol: Thanks so much! :D I can do something with that :p

And I'm sorry you didn't have a great time away at camp :( That sucks. If you want to chat on MSN you know I'm always there to listen :D

ETA: Oh but why is the pic so hard to color?? T_T Oh well, Calleigh time :p

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Re: LIMS #4 - The Ultimate Test of Creativity - Ch #2 Now Up

entry submitted :D

thanks so much for posting the challenge 4ENSIX.

12. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Woohoo! Three entries (and one pass) so far! Still waiting on a lot more, though, so get them in! And yes, Ann, that pic is hard to colour. Want to know why?

Because I knew it would drive you insane. :p

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Mine's ready to go! I just don't feel like doing battle with photobucket right now :rolleyes: So I'll send it tomorrow.

14. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Alright, as long as you don't forget. :p

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LMAO Chloe you were fast! I just got that Sara cap like a week ago. :lol: