Let's Talk about the Weather - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss_Undercover said:
We have after long time in north Germany +37°C !!

Is so condemned hot here and in my room.....

37? Are you sure you didn't mean 27? :lol:

Because the map I saw earlier it showed 28 there :p

I want to sun to switch off for a couple of hours.. I cannot focus in this scoarching heat!! I'm kinda surprised that I'm still in one piece and didn't turn into a puddle on the floor because I feel like melting..

It's better than yesterday, Jayne, don't u think so? We have this tiny little bath tub, floatable, in our garden. I've been sitting in it the whole afternoon.

DaWacko said:
Miss_Undercover said:
We have after long time in north Germany +37°C !!

Is so condemned hot here and in my room.....

37? Are you sure you didn't mean 27? :lol:

Because the map I saw earlier it showed 28 there :p

I mean 37°C = 98,6 F ! Not 27°C !

My thermometer on in the garden said that.

Why you ask...?

The weather has been amazing here in Scotland the last week. THough it spat for a bit today and were due rain tonight its goign to be a wet week then it will clear up all lovely again for the weekend.

Just as well its the Faslane Navy Fair this weekend and the Red Arrows are doign a display whoop!

the weather here in nyc is a bit unstable...very cool in the morning,then very hot in the afternoon...that's why everyone is getting sick :(

lovely and overcast! hoping it's gonna rain but unfortuantely, i dont think it will...

it's currently about 19 degrees... i wish it would stay below 15 degrees one day... infact, i wish it would just snow! but... living in a subtropical climate kinda rules out that possibility...

I WANNA GO HOME

Instead of my nice (sort of) and comfy apartment, I am working at a hotel in Orange City, Florida (US). Before I copy over bits of the weather warning, I should point out that Orange City is in Volusia County mentioned in the warning.

HURRICANE LOCAL STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MELBOURNE FL
231 AM EDT TUE JUN 13 2006

...ALBERTO NOT STRENGTHENING AS IT APPROACHES THE GULF COAST OF FLORIDA...

...AREAS AFFECTED...
THIS STATEMENT IS FOR RESIDENTS AND VISITORS OF EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA AND THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...ESPECIALLY FOR LAKE AND INLAND
VOLUSIA COUNTIES. PERSONS IN ORANGE... SEMINOLE... OSCEOLA... BREVARD AND COASTAL VOLUSIA COUNTIES SHOULD LISTEN CLOSELY FOR POSSIBLE CHANGES TO THE FORECAST TRACK AS NOT TO GET CAUGHT OFF GUARD.

...WATCHES/WARNINGS...
AN INLAND TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR LAKE AND INLAND VOLUSIA COUNTIES THROUGH TODAY. ON THE COAST... A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM FLAGLER BEACH NORTHWARD INTO GEORGIA.

A TORNADO WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR LAKE... ORANGE... SEMINOLE... VOLUSIA... OSCEOLA... AND BREVARD COUNTIES... TO INCLUDE THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

...STORM INFORMATION...
AT 200 AM EDT THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM ALBERTO WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 28.8 NORTH... LONGITUDE 84.4 WEST OR ABOUT 85 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF CEDAR KEY FLORIDA.

ALBERTO IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHEAST NEAR 10 MPH AND THIS GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS. THE CENTER OF ALBERTO IS EXPECTED TO REACH THE FLORIDA GULF COAST WITHIN THE WARNING AREA LATE THIS MORNING.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 65 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS. ALTHOUGH ALBERTO HAS WEAKENED LIGHTLY...SOME POTENTIAL STILL EXISTS FOR RE-STRENGTHENING PRIOR TO LANDFALL.

Okay, I want to talk about the weather now too.

Because it's pissing me off.

It was BEAUTIFUL for weeks in May. Then it went back to being rainy and gross. And today I'm like "FINALLY! A beautiful day again!" And I walked my dog and it was so hot she rolled in a mud puddle and needed a bath..
Then this evening it was cloudy and muggy and rainy again.

stupid rainforest climate. I want SUN. I'm a LEO! SUN!

</rant>XD

Its quite chilly today its only about 17C thank god its cooled down though I dont know how many more days of 29C I could really take it was doing my head in!

Thank god it's a bit cooler today than it has been, it's about 25c. *yay* I've spend the last 3 days sweating like a pig. :lol:

hahaha I know the feeling.

Anything more than 18C and the sunbathers begin there sunbathing ritual.

Though this is Scotland I'm on about. We wear t-shirts in the snow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back