Least Favorite Episode of Season Four?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 23, 2008.

?

What was your least favorite episode in season four?

1. Can You Hear Me Now?

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. The Deep

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. You Only Die Once

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Time's Up

22 vote(s)
    24.7%
  5. Down the Rabbit Hole

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Boo

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  7. Commuted Sentences

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Buzzkill

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. One Wedding and a Funeral

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. The Thing About Heroes

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  11. Child's Play

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  12. Happily Never After

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. All in the Family

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  14. Playing with Matches

23 vote(s)
    25.8%
  15. DOA for a Day

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  16. Right Next Door

10 vote(s)
    11.2%
  17. Like Water for Murder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Admissions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Personal Foul

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  20. Taxi

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  21. Hostage

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. captain_nati

captain_nati Prime Suspect

CSI NY season four... what a crappy season... I was dissapointed if you exclude Admissions everything else was..... Anyway my vote goes for Time's up, toooooooooo complicated for my poor mind!! Second but not by far Playing with matches.... I have not much to say about this one... but really, really loooose season.!!!!!

2. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

I also picked 'Time's up'. It was just confusing and not as intresting and exiting as other eppies. The only good thing was Peyton's break-up:devil:.

3. privatename

privatename Rookie

I voted for Playing with Matches because I just didn't enjoy it. I thought the street luge stuff was ridiculous. Except I did enjoy Mac's "Houston we have a problem" line.

I also wasn't a big fan of the time travel episode in terms of the case. But, I did enjoy Flack's snarkiness and some of the other character banter.

I am surprised that so many people chose "Right Next Door" for their least favorite. I really thought the case part with the fire and the missing child were quite good. I hated certain aspects that dealt with some people's personal issues, but I thought the case itself was quite solid and enjoyable. Of course, to each their own and all that :) It is just surprising to me that it was, according to this poll, one of the 3 least liked. I am curious to know what people disliked about it and although I only skimmed, I didn't see anyone post why they chose it.

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Private, that's easy! Many voted RND because of Danny/Rikki scene (which i don't mind at all) so you can guess all who voted are D/L fans (totally understable)

The episode was excellent and i truly enjoyed the fact ALL participated on the case and all were worried about Stell's safety :D

Debbie :D

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I thought "Right Next Door" was a great episode, too--I always like the episodes where the cases affect one of the characters personally. But yeah, I think those votes are likely based off of what happened between Danny and Rikki. I don't recall any other criticisms of the episode in the grading thread for it.

6. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

To be fair, I am a Danny/Lindsay shipper and I thought the episode other than the whole love issue between these two, was a great one. I loved seeing Stella and the story about the missing child.

It was just over shadowed by the soap opera drama of Danny, Rikki, and Lindsay which was painful for us to watch. But it definitely wasn't my least favorite episode case wise. Just the personal stuff made me uncomfortable.

I actually voted for Playing With Matches because it was so weird and didn't flow with the rest of the season.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  7. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I voted RND because of the Danny thing. the case was great but that made me dislike the episode even more because, for me, they not only completly destroyed the character of Danny Messer, they also destroyed/cheapened otherwise good episode.

boring cases I can stand, we got a fare share of them this season but this was simply too dissapointing.

and since the question was the worst episode not the worst case I voted as I voted.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  8. privatename

privatename Rookie

Ahhhh. I see. I guess for me it is the cases that are the most important and it is a shame that the personal drama can overshadow what was otherwise a very good episode. Thanks for the responses. I was very curious. I hadn't really considered that what happened on the personal front had so overshadowed the whole episode for some people, but I guess I can see how it would.

9. CSIFan119

CSIFan119 Hit and Run

My least favorite episode of season 4 was "Time's Up...it just seemed too far out there. Even though it wasn't really time travel it just didn't seem that real to me.

10. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I too had voted for "Times Up", and after watching the summer rerun last night, I pretty much stand by that vote :lol:

But I do think there were some fairly good moments, too. Loved Hawkes totally geeking out over the thought of the late genius doctor possibly finding a way to time travel, he was just so giddily enthusiastic when he found out who the 1st victim was, and it's fun to see Hawkes like that once in awhile - and Flack's reactions to him were fun, too. And there was a scene or two with Hawkes and Sid together that I enjoyed. Finally, I hated when Stella opened the parachute from Drew, but mainly because I already knew where that led to. But I did like the interaction between she and Mac over it, with Mac pointing out that she was actually smiling when she opened the gift, and him feeling "brave" enough to give her unsolicited romantic advice, having no idea where his own romantic life was heading.

The second case was just lame overall, but I do admit I got a chuckle out of Stella & Danny's reactions sometimes, not to mention the college guy hopefully hitting on Angell during her interrogation. :) But other than that, the B case was pretty pathetic.

And having been a big Mac/Peyton fan, I did hate the break-up, particularly done via "Dear John", so that was another nail in this episode's "Least Favorite" coffin, for me. But I'm also a Mac Whore, so the follow-up scene with him playing bass in the bar got a :thumbsup: from me. Yeah, it was totally unnecessary and blatant stunt casting with his fellow musician onstage, and I probably would have rolled my eyes had it been with someone else, or in one of the other CSI shows, but I gave it a pass because as I said, Total Unapologetic Mac Whore, here. ;)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'd have to say Boo, it bored me! It was slow and not enough to it. Just blah!

12. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Right, I'm a DL shipper and I went for Right Next Door, but please hear me out!

I felt there was the potential for a pretty awesome storyline with Stella and her kidnapping psycho of a neighbour but all anyone could focus on was the Danny/Rikki part of that episode. If they had the DR storyline in another pretty feeble ep such as Playing with Matches as afore mentioned, then yeah it could be appreciated since as was said, the case was a filler. However the minute they get a decent case, they ruin it with angst over did he or didn't he cheat. Oy! What a waste. Really, who cares?

Season 4 was just a disaster, you could count more poor effort episodes than you could high quality. A first for this franchise I believe. Meh, could be just me.

(random interruption - Mac is claiming 'This puzzle is about my life' Does anyone else think he takes things a bit too personally? :lol:)

13. Rtelgeuse

Rtelgeuse Hit and Run

I voted for 'You only die once'. Flack was great, but the whole story wasn't that good (nothing to do with Flack's girlfriend though :D)

14. Silver_angel

Silver_angel Victim

For me it was Playing with Matches.
    The case came out of a book and everything else too

15. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

I didn't like Boo because it's been done before, and for me, it was like watching all those cheesy horror movies rolled into 45 minutes. There was no appeal there at all :(