Least Favorite Episode of Season Four?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 23, 2008.

?

What was your least favorite episode in season four?

1. Can You Hear Me Now?

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. The Deep

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. You Only Die Once

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Time's Up

22 vote(s)
    24.7%
  5. Down the Rabbit Hole

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Boo

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  7. Commuted Sentences

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Buzzkill

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. One Wedding and a Funeral

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. The Thing About Heroes

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  11. Child's Play

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  12. Happily Never After

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. All in the Family

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  14. Playing with Matches

23 vote(s)
    25.8%
  15. DOA for a Day

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  16. Right Next Door

10 vote(s)
    11.2%
  17. Like Water for Murder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Admissions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Personal Foul

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  20. Taxi

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  21. Hostage

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

You know, there are more episodes I don't like in this season than there are in the entire three seasons before. I would say my overall least favourite is Time's Up, but I don't think I can leave this without stating all the others I'm not massively fond of...so...

You Only Die Once

As cool as the car was, best to leave James Bond to the British.

Time's Up
    Time travel is a sound enough concept in sci-fi shows, but in a drama show such as CSI:NY? Not so much. I don't really see what this was trying to achieve to be honest...

Boo
    Oh-noes, not Amityville again.

Playing With Matches
    In another time and another place, I might not have minded this episode so much, even though it does try way too hard for laughs. It was just a very bad choice to follow the drama of Child's Play and All In The Family.

DOA for a Day
    A great story started with Suspect X in Down the Rabbit Hole, which limped home with this conclusion.

Personal Foul

The only good thing about this episode is the interaction between Danny and Don. The case with the cheerleader is one of the most mediocre pieces of storytelling to ever grace CSI:NY and so very predictable.

Taxi
    A real let-down ending to a storyline that had a lot of potential. It could have been so much more, instead lazy writing led us to a conclusion riddled with cliché.

Hostage
    *yawn* Just too drawn out for my liking and lacking in the dramatic tension required for a season end cliffhanger.

2. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

"Times Up" was the biggest waste of my life!! i was so bored with the whole story and it wasn't funny it was just annoying and so outrageously unreal.

i agree with you origin-nknwn there were more eps i did not like in this season alone than in the past 3 seasons.

it's like with CSI and their season 4: imo it was the worst, most awful season of the show ever. i almost stopped watching it b/c every week it was just disappointing and i can only name one episode from that season that i really enjoyed ("Butterflied" was fantastic lol). i wasn't like that CSI:NY though but i've noticed that with these two CSI's their season 4s sucked.

but hey every show isn't perfect and there's always next season to look forward to.

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Voted for Playing With Matches, didn't particulary like the episode compared to all the others, it actually took me like 3 times to see the whole episode ... * yawn *

4. snickerdoodle

snickerdoodle Dead on Arrival

I had to pick "Playing with Matches". As others have said, it was sorta boring and didn't seem to fit.

5. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I picked "Playing With Matches". I agree with a lot of you here, it lacked something or just didn't feel right.

I can see why some people were let down with how the Cabbie Killer case ended. It was a such a great storyline that it could have even had more to it and if they needed more time gone into the finale.

I was surprised some did not like Boo. I thought that episode was really good.

6. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I have to put an asterisk with my answer because there are still a few season 4 episodes I haven't seen yet, which may be contenders.

Of the ones I've seen, though, I have to go with "Time's Up." This one just didn't make sense to me. Even with the explanation about the professor's enhanced mental capacity, I still don't understand what assumptions and probabilities led him to predict the exact moment of his assistant's death. :confused:

It also gets low marks for having one of the lamest break-ups ever. While I was happy to see Peyton go, I can't imagine she would've been so callous as to send Mac a "Dear John" letter.

7. Claire Conrad

Claire Conrad Witness

'Playing With Matches'. Okay... not a very good episode. Not what is promised. I liked the rest of the season. This one just got to me, in a very disapproving way. Blah. Oh well, many liked in this season at least.

8. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Right Next Door, then Childs Play and Taxi

9. Carmine_lover

Carmine_lover Witness

Myne is Hostage

10. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Quite a few I thought lacked something this season, Child's Play, The Deep, You Only Die Once, Times Up and Happily Never After.

Boo I will give a pass cause I love Halloween but I was disappointed in it, it could have been so much better. This season was a bit hit or miss ep wise.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

All in The family, Playing with Matches. Boo wasn't a good episode but it was more likeable that the first two

12. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

Finally got some time to think of the episodes again and I chose 'Time's Up'. Sorry, I don't buy that whole time machine storyline and while there were some good moments (like Stella and Angell interrogating horny students), basically that episode was completely unnecessary and with too many inconsistencies - how on earth could Browning predict the exact time of Kevin's death? I don't think it was convincingly answered but maybe I missed sth. Not to mention that, unless Mac himself could travel at the speed of light, Kevin must have fallen out of the window at least 5 minutes before the 'arranged' time, so that Mac could turn up at the crime scene at 9.45 and deliver his out-of-place comment. Generally, the whole episode seemed out of place, and I would probably say that 'Playing with matches' was equally bad but that 'Houston,we have a problem' saved the day :lol: I simply love Apollo 13 so it was impossible for me not to imagine Mac Taylor in a space suit :lol: but apart from this, the episode wasn't interesting, Kendell was grating on my nerves and at the end I felt like they made a gripping opening but later missed a chance to make a good episode (the same can be said about 'Time's Up' but I guess that with that space travelling, they had even less chance to make it convincing)

13. brttmclv

brttmclv Victim

I voted for Time's Up. It was just kinda confusing and weird. That's about it...lol.

14. CSI_Portugal

CSI_Portugal Hit and Run

I voted for Time's Up. I haven't seen all the episodes yet but I think the storyline of this episode wasn't as interesting as the others...

15. CSINYFanZ

CSINYFanZ Victim

I didn't like "Boo" It was just some random Halloween episode and it wasn't even interesting to me

Sorry to the people who liked that Episode
    Lol