Least Favorite Episode of Season Four?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 23, 2008.

?

What was your least favorite episode in season four?

1. Can You Hear Me Now?

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. The Deep

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. You Only Die Once

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Time's Up

22 vote(s)
    24.7%
  5. Down the Rabbit Hole

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Boo

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  7. Commuted Sentences

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Buzzkill

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. One Wedding and a Funeral

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. The Thing About Heroes

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  11. Child's Play

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  12. Happily Never After

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. All in the Family

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  14. Playing with Matches

23 vote(s)
    25.8%
  15. DOA for a Day

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  16. Right Next Door

10 vote(s)
    11.2%
  17. Like Water for Murder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Admissions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Personal Foul

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  20. Taxi

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  21. Hostage

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Which episode did you like the least? Vote in the poll, and then tell us why you picked the episode you chose.

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I voted for 'Playing with Matches', which I just found to be a very disappointing episode. It came soon after some really strong episodes in 'Child's Play' and 'All in the Family', which didn't help it. As the last episode before the writer's strike I think I was hoping that 'Playing with Matches' would leave the season on a high point, but I just found it pointless and more of a filler episode.

I also didn't really like 'Boo', not my kind of episode at all.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I voted for "Taxi" because I felt it completely squandered the potential of the Taxi Cab Killer. After all the build up, I expected a much more interesting, thoughtful revelation, and was disappointed to get just a cliche.

"Playing with Matches" would probably be the runner up--it was just so by the book and just didn't feel very inspired.

4. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Playing With Matches is the only NY episode that I still haven't managed to see it entirely after 5 unsuccessful tries. It was boring and boring and boring. Too many bad puns, too little interesting things. Well the fact that it was done in the middle of the strike when the writers weren't "on the job" may have had an influence, and of course the fact that it came after Child's Play and All in the Family wasn't helping much either.

The second nasty one from S4 was Boo. It was too weird. Too much Blair Witch Project, and Amytiville connections.

5. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I voted for playing with matches cause that one felt off for me.
    It just didn`t fit in with the rest

6. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

I actually voted for the season opener in Season Four. I thought we'd have a really interesting case and the bad guy just wasn't compelling to me. I know why he was doing it but at the same time I found I just couldn't be bothered by it.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I voted for "You Only Die Once." As much as I enjoyed seeing Flack in a beater and then a tux, I just couldn't get into the whole James Bond vibe they were going for with that episode. "Playing with Matches" would be a close second.

8. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

I voted for 'Time's Up'. It might have been funny, but not for me. I though it was overdone.

9. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Agreed. It was my least favourite.

For me they explored the wrong part of the crime and killer. It focused on the time machine and whilst the geekyness of Hawkes was perfectly wonderful, sorry but i'm a sceptic, I would have prefered them to focus on the loony tune who built the frigging thing...

That's just me though.

My next one would have been 'Playing with Matches' liek everyone has said, it didn't fit.

I agree with PA, as good as flack looked all vest, gun and badge, open shirted car chase, morning sexed, and all trussied up with the suarve "Flack, Don Flack" :lol:, as an episode it was too out there again. It had it amusing moments so it wasn't a truly awful episodes but I think it tried too hard, but Flack did rescue it for me and he is the only reason I would tune into it again.

10. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

playing with matches. basically i didn't get the whole thing. kinda boring.

time's up follows. time traveling thing was really odd.

11. MissKraft

MissKraft Rookie

As awkward as it is for me to say something "bad" about NY, I will try.....

I voted for "Time's Up".

As interestings as the storyline was, I felt like the series was competing with CSI's "aliens" and Miami's "super weapons" ( though some of those ideas are based in fact ).

Hopefully, next season, TPTB keep NY free from such junk. The series does not deserve choked up with those storylines.

12. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I would have to say Playing with Matches. Maybe it was because of the writers strike but it just felt off. It felt like it needed a lot of fine tuning but instead they just filmed the rough initial draft(which I guess is understandable since the writers had gone).

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

"Personal Foul."

The episode started strong with having Danny and Flack at a basketball game :devil: and from there the episode just went down there. The plot was predictable, the case fell flat and the writer's completely destroyed everything they had with Danny and Rikki by him going back to Lindsay.

14. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Ended up voting for "times up".. It just had that filler feel to it for me and there wasn't enough for me not sure exactly what it was but it was something missing.

15. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

I have to say "Time's Up". The entire time machine thing was way too much to digest & Mac's seemingly uncaring response to the second guy's death was just wrong. Overall the storyline didnt gell, IMO.

I cant remember "Playing with Matches". I'll have to rewatch it to see why its everyone's least favorite. :)