lease favourite season

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mugs, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Season 7 all the way. I like some of the episodes, but it got to be too much for me. I didn't like the way they displayed GSR. It was just annoying having to watch all the hints when the audience already knows they were together. Also, too much Grissom/Sara together period working cases and what not. Not much variety at all. I'm hoping for a much better season 8...

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

least favorite season....

Season 6 had some 'out there' episodes like Werewolves and Time of Your Death but so did season 7. It's not so much the GSR, I'm not a Gris/Sara shipper, but it was the cases in Season 7 that were more 'out there' for me than in season 6. :eek:

Season 7 started out ok, BTK had too much drama in it for me, and the Keppler episodes were great, but after that, it went downhill.... the best episode was TGTBATD followed by Leapin' Lizards

I'm going with season 7.
    But,
    In defense season 2 had some 'out there' cases as well...

3. Musicluvr325

Musicluvr325 Police Officer

I'll say season 1.

Everything was just getting started, they were still working on who everyone was, how they wanted things go, and style wise I didn't like it.

Season 7 did kind of suck, but I enjoy it more then the first season.

4. high_striker

high_striker Civilian

I have to say season 7. Not only was there so much GunShotResidue (Which just annoys me because such a supervisor/subordinate relationship is something I've always found to be wrong, irresponsible, and just plain unprofessional...), but also because I *every* other season I actually had an episode that I could call my favorite.

I can also list numerous episodes from every past season- except I just couldn't care less what episodes were called this season.

But, in season one, I liked too many episodes to just consider any single one my favorite. Season two, had episodes such as Stalker, Overload, and Organ Grinder.
    Season three had episodes such as High and Low, Fight Night, and Lafy Heather's Box (which makes the above comments about very few memorable moments from that episode really hard to agree with, because a) Lady heather isn't easy to forget (even moreso now that she's been back in other seasons...) b) it was also the season where the lab exploded, injuring Greg (Play with Fire) and c) It brought a close to Catherine's marriage by the death of her husband- something they'd been putting in numerous episodes throughout the series before Lady Heather's Box. (which is leaving out all the Nick scenes that I still think are awesome...) As for Season for, I enjoyed the whole promotion and how that played out between Nick and Sara. I especially liked the first two episodes of the season with the serial killers who went after other married couples.
    Season five had Grave Danger- and that was more than enough to make it my favorite. But even without that episode, I still enjoyed many of the episodes, despite the split in the shift. Season six would have had my vote, but with a few episodes such as Gum Drops, and The Unusual Suspect it beat out season seven pretty easily for me.

Frankly, there aren't many things that I *want* to remember about this last season. Spending half of it on a single serial killer case was just too much for me- especially since it isn't even over. And the way they just sprung out this Natalie character in the last episode was lame. There was absolutely no buildup to the first showing of the character, and it just seemed so random. Perhaps if they had shown her cleaning around the lab earlier, or if they had shown a picture of her when looking through the foster kids it would have been far better. Then add in the GSR, and I just got annoyed by many of the episodes. A few scenes here and there throughout the season helped lighten the blow *very little but still a bit*. Overall, The entire season was simply about Greg's attack in the alley, the Miniature Killer, and GSR. All of which got old really fast for me. I also can't remember seeing a single detective aside from Brass and Sofia, and that just annoys me because I really enjoyed Vega, Vartann, and Cavaliere in the past seasons. It just focused on three characters really, and in a show with such a big cast, I'd have liked the time to be spread far more fairly and evenly.

5. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

didnt like season 7 very much although there were some wonderful episodes. Not a GSR fan and thought the shows were too built around the 30 seconds of GSR. The rest of the plots just didnt hold together. Too many leaps in logic. close next though is season 5. didnt like the split up. thought it weakened the show.

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Season 7. The writing wasn't as good, continuity was worse than usual, they should have spread out the events of BTK throughout the season instead of cramming it into 2 episodes, no really good follow-up on Brass's shooting and GSR.

7. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

For me it was a toss up between S5 and S7. S5 was generally boring plus, it made me not like Catherine (they redeemed her to me in S6). But S7 had almost zero continuity with regards to Brass's shooting and that was very disappointing. So, the big dislike for me has to go to S7.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

*looks at poll*
    *is shocked*

I totally thought season 6 was going to be the majority in votes. :eyesroll*

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I selected season 6 as my least favourite. I felt that some episodes were ho hum and I was disappointed in Grissom's 'It's Over' for the conclusion of Grave Danger. I loved Gum Drops, Rashomama and Poppin' Tags to name a few but I haven't shown as much interest in watching my DVDs as I have with the other seasons. Season 7 was a close second because I couldn't stand the GSR. If I wanted a soap opera I would watch General Hospital or Days of Our Lives. The Greg story line at least got a conclusion but it did drag on. There were some very good Nick story lines and I hope we get more in season 8.

10. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I picked season 6 cus that was really disappointing. I would have gone for season 7 but I am giving them the benefit of the dount cus I haven't seen all of it yet. Unless it improves, it will kick season 6 from its 1st position

11. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

Season 5 - There were a few good episodes, but I didn't like the team being split and I didn't care for the Greg becoming a CSI storyline.

12. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I'm kind of surprised that I am one of the few people who disliked season 4 so much. The shows just felt off, the cases got boring and almost nothing interesting happened with the characters. It was mostly Catherine and Sara drama, and not the good kind. The first half had some good episodes (Jackpot, Coming of Rage, After the Show, Butterflied). But the second half was pretty weak, with some bad one's. (like Paper or Plastic, Early Rollout, XX, ). Luckily in season 5, everything just went up!

This would be my top 7:
    1: Season 5
    2: Season 7
    3: Season 1
    4: Season 2
    5: Season 3
    6: Season 6
    7: Season 4

13. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

Season 6, I just haven't seen much of it, but there were some poor eps in season 5 as Fabian said, apart from some of the eps, season 4 and 5 were two of my favourite seasons. :)

14. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Season 7 is my least favorite.

* less Grissom
    * premature shaving of The Beard
    * less interactions between the different members of the team -let's face it it's as if there was NO team anymore
    * no YoBling

15. alienor

alienor Police Officer

My least favourite is season 6, because it combined boring plots and lack of interaction between characters. Furthermore, Grissom was not very present and even when he was there, he was not involved in the management of the team. And William Petersen had less and less lines. :(

Grissomfreak , I've got to go along with you regarding the lack of interaction of season 7 and the lack of Grissom, but unlike season 6, the plots were interesting enough to keep me awake. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.