Laurence/Raymond: Man of Mystery

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

2. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I see you've changed your avatar/banner again, Desertwind. Your Langston/Sara avatar is legit.:thumbsup:

Love the second screencap. Langie's face is so utterly :wtf:. And the first pic makes me laugh. It's almost like he's protecting his wine stash. I can just imagine Langston telling everybody, "Nobody steals my vintage wines! Nobody!":lol:

3. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

He's leaving the show...guess we will never see a clear resolve of the haskell story.

4. byline

byline CSI Level One

Who's to say a clear resolution won't be written into Ray's exit story?

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Goodbye Laurence. You were a once good addition to CSI. Now I wish you well as you depart CSI and move back to movies.

6. Desertwind

Thank's ladyhunter I'm heartsick, and shocked and sad. First WP/Grissom under totally different circumstances. He wanted to go, but LF I thought by all accounts was happy and wanted to continue at least through S/12. And no resolution on the "self-defense/murder" conclusion. He has filmed 3 movies and done two plays all the while filming CSI. He maybe is really tired and needs a vacation. I can't imagine who would ever replace him, but thought the same thing after WP left:confused:

LUSCIOUS LAURENCE

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

Why are people convinced that there will be no resolution to this storyline? I would think that it's going to be resolved in the first episode of Season 12.

8. Desertwind

Well, they could just let fans know that he's locked up like McKeen was and we'll never see him again. Althought in the TV Guide issue dated May 30-June5, it was talking about how the "whole team would face a dilemma" over Ray and the outcome. How can there be a closing if he's not on the show?

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

He doesn't have to sign a contract to appear in the entire season. He could agree to appear in a limited number of episodes to finish out the story arc.

10. Desertwind

WOW> that would be so awesome. Now you've got my hopes up:wtf: Are you sure?

11. byline

byline CSI Level One

Well, no, I don't know anything for sure. I know about as much as everyone else.;)

But the articles I've read don't rule out an appearance or two in the fall. All they say is that he didn't renew his contract.

12. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I agree with byline.

I think it would be entirely possible for him to come back for at least 1 or 2 episodes without a contract. They could just pay him per episode until his story arc is done. They truly have made it sound like his storyline isn't going to just vanish, especially if they are not surprised he's not renewing.

Warrick technically appeared in one episode after his contract expired. He either made the appearance, OR they filmed his opening scenes before the end of the season finale in order to perpetuate the season premier.

It would probably depend on whether people knew for sure LF was leaving. If they did, they could have filmed some scenes on the sly and kept them hushed up. More likely I believe, would be him coming back for a couple of eps to clear up the arc, if he only told them officially after the finale aired.

I do wonder what changed in between the EW interview a month ago and his official statement this week.

Either way, I wish him the best of luck in his new endeavors!

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree that it would be possible for him to come back and just do a couple of episodes. But I have a feeling that they will come back as though several months have passed, and one of the team will make some reference or other as to what has happened with Ray.
    Anyway, Good Luck to LF!

14. Desertwind

Thank's fans for the nice positive comments. It warmed the cockles of my heart. I hope your right and I can't imagine what happend since he stated "I'm not going anywhere, I'm having a great time and ending it with "I LOVE IT". Actually that doesn't even sound like him talking. He keeps a very low profile and one really never hears him expressing his deep thoughts and feelings. And how a ways back he also liked the closeness of living in L.A. and working in that city, so he could be close to home. A friend of mine in Nevada said in her local paper, it said that "possibly they offered him "limited episodes" [he, the character might be in jail] thus less $$$, and he didn't like that. It's just a theory for now, maybe eventually we'll find out the "real story" behind his decision to bail. Even the TV Guide from June 5, was asking "how will Langston deal with his demons and the aftermath of this dreadful thing that happened". So that sounded like he was returning to deal with that. And how the team would react to the dilemma. Something occured that the writers are not being completely honest as to what really came down as of now:(

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I think CSI is on its way out so it was smart of him to jump ship (so to speak).