LAS VEGAS PICTURES

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

Robert Goulet's show business pals provided a royal sendoff Friday to a prince of a guy. Outside the chruch, after Goulet's casket had been placed on the hearse, singing legend Steve Lawrence, one of the pallbearers tapped on a hearse window and siad "Five minutes, Mr. Goulet" the traditional show business signal :( Some of the world's biggest stars from a bygone era attended Goulet's funeral at the Shrine of the Most Holy Redeemer. Joining Lawrence was Tony Curtis. Debbie Reynolds, Phullis McGuire, David Brenner, Norm Crosby asnd Rich Little. Alos Jimmy Kimmel, and girlfriend Sarah Silverman were among the mourners. Kimmel was born and raised in Vegas, and opened with Goulet many times "He loved everybody and everybody loved him" His three children and wife Vera were there, and gave eulogies!

Norm Clarke.. LVRJ

SIGHTINGS

"American Idol" judge Simon Cowell and his girlfreind, Terri Seymour, taking in "LOVE" [Mirage] on Saturday>>> At Koi's VIP opening Friday at Planet Hollywood Resort..Avril Lavigne and her husband..Jeremy Piven..Rick Foxx..David Spade..Chris Kattan..Chris Parnell..Seth Meyers..Criss Angel..Penn Jillette.. Pamela Anderson and her husband Rick Solomon.. Paris Hilton flame Starvos Niarchos!

Norm Clarke..LVRJ

REALLY BIG SHOWS

The Comedy Festival at Caesars Palace the end of this month inspires a trio of specials for cables TBS..the variety cavalcade "Ellen's Really Big Show" hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, plus "Blue Collar Comedy'..The Next Generation" hosted by Bill Engvall and the stand-up special "Frank Caaliendo.. 'All Over The Place" The 90 minute "Really Big Show, includes such Vegas headliners as Lance Burton, Barry Manilow, and Wayne Newton, plus Mary J. Blige, Sheryl Crow, Lyle Lovett and a variety of oter acts. "Becasue of Ellen being such a hugh draw, we pretty much got everything we wanted" says Michael Davies executive producer.. "It's what a variety show should be"!

Norm Clarke..LVRJ

SIGHTINGS

Barbra Streisand with her hubby James Brolin and her doggie, a Bichon Frise at Friday's 10:pm performance of "LOVE" [Mirage] She was featured at Saturday's grand opening show at Planet Hollywood Resort. Also among the big celebrity turnout were Syvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, "Sugar" Ray Leonard, Roger Clemens, Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman, Martin Short, Luke Perry, Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, Tom Arnold and Joey Fatone, who jumped on stage while Willis, and Stephen Stills and DMC were playing "Walk This Way"....Eva Longoria, dining at Company Bistro [Luxor] on Friday!

Norm Clarke..LVRJ

http://govegas.about.com/library/graphics/luxhot0019.JPG

^I remember when me, my sister and my dad waited over an hour to see the pirate show at Treasure Island! :lol: But, it wasn't quite the 'pirate show' we thought it would be :lol:

I've seen that pirate show many times, very well planned and organized, but a bit 'fake' :D

THE SCENE AND HEARD

Lance Burton got a major plug from Celine Dion in People magazine's cover story on her Dec. 3 issue. She said Burton's show is No.1 with her 4-yr. old son Rene-Charles. "I'm the second" said Dion, who ends her run on Dec. 15th at Caesars Palace, "I'll take that, he's seen my show 4 times"

Norm Clarke..LVRJ

http://govegas.about.com/library/graphics/caeshot0001.JPG

THE SCENE AND HEARD

The dealers at Caesars Palace are abuzz after a high roller left a $250,000 tip on Wednesday, [hell, why don't I ever meet these guys] :( which ranks up there with legendary tipping of Kerry Packer. The Autralian media mogul once toked a single mom cocktail sever $150,000 to buy herself a house. "Wednesday was a great day to be a dealer at "CP" said one source>>>>.Mayor Oscar Goodman makes another guest apperance on NBC's "Las Vegas"..The Mayors scene is with Tom Selleck and one crew member said "they loved having him as a guest!>>>>Pamela Anderson, taking in the Parisian topless revue at "Crazy Horse" at teh MGM Grand on Wed. with 5 of her friends!

NORM CLARKE..LVRJ

NO, in fact I can't imagine, and their keeping it a secret, the name for obvious purposes :eek:

REMEMBERING EVEL

If a replica of the Pantheon is ever built in Las Vegas, daredevil Evel Knievel would be among the engraved names of the most colorful characters. His horrific motorccycle crash while jumping the fountains at Caesars Palace in 1967 was only part of it. Knievel lived in the penthouse of the Maxim hotel here, for about 3 years in the early 1990's. "He loved Las Vegas, the action, the booze, the broads, the lights" recalled Vegas entertainment agent Joey Battig, who partied with Knievel up and won the Sunset Strip in L.A. and here as well. "He'd do anything on a dare" he said. wheelies in the parking lot, and just for a few hundred bucks" He was one of a kind. he just lived by the seat of his pants and lived day to day. he was one of those guys who dove off a board and did'nt care if there was water in the poll or not" "He told me, "when I go, I've got no regrets"

Norm Clarke..lVRJ

THE SCENE AND HEARD

TV food personailty Rachel Ray will be signing copies of her new book "Just In Time" at Sur la Table, from 5-7 Tuesday at the Mirage Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort>>>Boxing star Oscar de la Hoya, hosting Friday's 10th anniversary party at Studio 54 nightclub [MGM Grand], also in attendance Will Ferrell, Kid Rock and boxing champions Lennox Lewis, Bernard Hopkins and "Sugar" Shane Mosley>>> At LAX nightclub Friday Pamela Anderson, illusionist Hans Klok>>sylvester Stallone at Planet Hollywood>>>Jeremy Piven also spottted having dinner there>>> Helio Castroneves winner of the lastest 'Dancing With The Stars" at Caesars Palace!

Norm Clarke..LVRJ

NEWS

British soccer star Davis Beckham and his wife Victoria spiced things up Monday by sampling Sin City's bawdy side. Spies say they spent 3 hours in a private room at the Spearmint Rhino, an adult entertainment club often favored by celebrities. When Beckham walked in, I'm told the scene looked like a jail break. His wife and him were in town for a long weekend that included the Floyd Mayweather Jr. Ricky Hatton title fight and for 3 concerts by the reunited Spice Girls, the them had dinner with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes at the SW Steakhouse on Sunday night!

Norm Clarke...LVRJ

^Awesome JorjaFoxFan!! Take lots of pics for this thread!!
So des, how many celebrities would you say that you have seen in Vegas??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back