Just Trust Me - LV ; RP

Sara snapped out of her thoughts and quickly followed Greg, she didn't want to be asked what was wrong with her. She wouldn't be able to answer if anyone asked.

"What do you want to order?" Brass said after they took a seat in the diner. "It's on me today" The diner looked like it came straight out of the 1950's, complete with jukebox.

"Just a coffee, I'm not really hungry." Sara answered. She looked around the diner and wondered why they came to that specific diner. "Why didn't we go to Frank's Restaurant? Apparently, we ALWAYS go there." Sara said, giving Greg a look, "It's tradition."

((I'm referring to Frank's Restaurant in Rashomama, if no one got that lol))

{^^ Got it.}

Scratching his arm for a moment, Greg thought about what he was going to have. Truth be told, he wasn't that hungry either. "Same here." He told Brass, refuring to Sara's short order...His short order now. Dark eyes floated over to the window that he was sitting next to, and, natrually, outside. For only a second, he observed the Las Vegas traffic, something he was usually stuck in when he came to work.

Greg narrowed his eyes as he looked at Sara, a small smile creeping onto his lips. "Tradition can change." He informed her with a shrug, if only in attempt to keep his dignity.

"That should be all..." Grissom sighed to himself once he had collected all the evidence he needed. He would come back to the scene later if he needed to. Walking out of the scene, he discarded his gloves and booties(hehe) and put the evidence bags in the back of the car, getting in and driving off.

After Brass ordered three mugs of coffee, he suddenly felt his cellphone vibrate in his pocket. He got it out and looked at the display, "I need to take this" he said as he stepped outside to answer his phone, leaving Sara and Greg at the table.

Greg's mouth hung open a bit as Brass left them. It had always been a bit awkward for him to be alone with Sara, even if he had gotten over that crush he had on her. Tapping the mug with the middle finger on his right hand, Greg watched it with mild interest. "So, Sara..." The man began, hoping to strike up a conversation with the brunette before the silence got the better of him. "...how have you been?" Knowing the way Sara was, Greg quickly gathered that this was a horrible question to ask.

"I've... I'm okay." Sara answered. She looked out the window of the diner at Brass, it didn't look like he would be back soon. Great... "What about you?"

Grissom quickly drove back to the station and got out of his SUV to look for Sara. Walking inside, he looked around only to discover her nowhere in sight. "Damn it..." he muttered, picking up his phone and dialing her cell phone.

Sara's cell phone started to ring. She took it out of her pocket. Grissom..? "I'm going to... take this outside." Sara said quickly. She got up and walked outside. "Sidle," Sara said into the phone.

Greg sighed slightly, whether it was in relief or dissappointment, even he didn't know. His head tilted to the side in a lazy fasion as he watched Sara move outside, leaving him behind. A large frown tugged at the corners of Greg's mouth as he was left to study the other occupants of the coffee shoppe. There wwas a young couple that caught his eye, probably still in their teens. But he was soon bored with them, and found his eyes moving to another section of the shoppe.

Sara suddenly remembered that she was told to stay at the station. "Gris, I'm at a coffee shop with Greg and Brass," Sara said and laughed.

Grissom frowned. "This isn't anything to laugh about, Sara. I told you to stay at the station. You should've called me if you were going anywhere," he told her. "You know that. You also know that you're in potential danger. Do you not care what happens to yourself?"

"I care what happens to me, I care what happens to you too," Sara said. The words slipped out before she could stop them. She paused, and hoped that he didn't hear it.

Back