Jump the Shark Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by mrcool92501, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Writers, if you're reading this and take it seriously :guffaw:, I challenge you to go back to the early years of each series and take a good look at what made these shows so successful that they ran for this long.

Not every case was a murder. A whodunit is great for variety every so often, but it seems like that's all you have anymore. Every so often, that death or injury was an accident.

The love triangles and quadrangles are really starting to get old! :scream: The eye-sex and "Will they or won't they?" storyline definitely have a shelf life. And spare us the sleeping around; if I want to watch that, I'll tape soap operas.

Clue time: Not sure how it is for you in Hollywood, but here in Flyover Country, where 99% of your fan base is, we have to put up with difficult co-workers in RL. In your early years, the team was a team; the characters WERE characters. They could work together and overcome. If I want to deal with high-school cliques and an us-versus-them, I'll go to work and pull a paycheck for it (as long as I'm still employed, that is).

I'm glad you've brought back some funny moments in some episodes. This was what drew me in to watching in the first place. Keep it balanced.

2. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

CSI LV: You never should have brought on a replacement for William Petersen or Gary Dourdian. What happened to the woman who played Sofia? Why didn't you bring her back, I liked her and it was so uncool how she disappeared into thin air!

It's not just this Langston dude who has made this show unbearable, but we don't get to see who we WANT to see! Greg, for instance, is supposed to be out in the field seeing as.. oh, I don't know.... he's a CSI LEVEL THREE! Which means he's just two steps down from running the Night Shift! He shouldn't be in the lab like the old days! I don't really care about Hodges. How about the others, we need to see development for them as well!

Go back to the roots of the show, I liked it in the first three seasons! Sure, the storylines seemed much more disturbing then, but they made the show so much better than what it is now! You had a good thing going with the Hannah thing, but ruined it in the end. You shouldn't have brought Sara back to close that storyline. I think it could've turned good however many years down the road if the show does last that long! But now that's impossible.

3. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

my personal opinion is that alot (NOT ALL) but alot of people only still watch CSI because it's CSI. We've become attached to the characters. There's alot of people saying like 'oh, what about langston's past?' 'what has Sara been up to?' 'what about Catherine's love life' etc. not many people say 'ohh I wonder about the case next week' anymore..

the writers feel as though they're in a safe zone.

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Include me in that one. And bare in mind Grissom was the Ultimate and the one and only true CSI IMO. But the murdermystery stuff still has me tune into LV. It is added "fun" thing to watch the characters interact and evolve.

IMO I must add LV has undergone many changes but not jumped the shark yet. The rainforst/Sara thing rubbed me the wrong way. I am thrilled she is back as I love her character and I don´t mind her being with Grissiom and even them being married. I just wanted their relationship to be part of a team eating, drinking, everdayactivety thing rather then a "special" parted scene like the rainforest. Remember the Go-cart decapitation guy where we had some Sara - Grissom and then we had whole team go-carting. I liked that angel.

So I am split as to the rainforst being a shark or not? Because I love the show and still watch. So it apparently didn´t deminise the show