Jericho

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by shaofu, Sep 27, 2006.

1. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Yes, but not all hope it gone.

Over at the CBS Jericho message boards, we're going crazy. We've been calling CBS, e-mailing, snail-mailing, and this is all over. To local news stations, CNN, the Entertainment shows..

And believe it or not, we got offcial word that CBS is "rattled."

We've all been calling in so much that the CBS voicemail is full as well as TNT's (we've all been trying to get TNT to consider picking up the show.)

It's a long shot, but it wouldn't be the only show brought back from the dead.

Anyone care to help out?

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm all for bringing it back on TNT. That's a great network and they have good shows.

I can't believe they killed off Jake! How can they bring him back if the show does get renewed somewhere else?

3. eszmanda_luver

Killed off Jake? Do you mean Johnston?

4. ladyhunter

Yes, that's what I mean. :eek: my fingers went ahead of my brain this morning. :)

5. eszmanda_luver

Oh ok lol. I was like... wait, did I miss something?!

Hhaha

6. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Any of you catch the season finale? And what the fate of our mystery man, Hawkins?

7. eszmanda_luver

Well unfortunately we do not know, and as of now, will not know because CBS canceled it.

But there is a major movement going on right now, and the NY Times will be reporting on us on Monday, we have an add in Variety, we have sent thousands of punds of nuts to CBS and are still going strong..

The fight is far from being over.

If ya want to help, visit the offcial CBS boards and you'll find a lot there, or just go to jericholives.com.

Thanks to any who helps out!

8. pilla

pilla Witness

still they have not transmitted it in Italy, but it will begin soon, is pretty?

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have never watch this show, but I don't understand why they cancelled this show, if it got good rating.

10. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

Actually the ratings went down steadily throughtout the season. Though I feel like that is a result of them pitching it against "Idol". ****ing stupid thing to do with a freshman show. The ratings for the finale were the worst of their whole season (if I'm remembering correctly)

11. eszmanda_luver

It was a mixture of that and the fact that CBS made them do a 10-Week hiatus in the middle of their season and then they didn't promote it when it was coming back... it was CBS's fault overall.

And it was averaging 9mill viewers, which was higher than a lot of shows that got renewed... so... we are figthing to get it back.

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Fans Make CBS Reconsider 'Jericho' Axing
    Jun 5, 11:08 PM (ET)
    By LYNN ELBER

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Fans trumpeting the cause of CBS' canceled drama "Jericho" have caught the network's ear. CBS, deluged with calls, messages and shipments of nuts signifying viewer displeasure, is reconsidering its decision, a source close to the production said Tuesday.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment publicly. A decision on whether to bring the show back, probably for a midseason run, is imminent, the source said.

"We are tired of the networks (not just CBS) tossing aside quality programming," was the message carried by jericholives.com, one of several web sites protesting the cancellation. "Enough! We're going to fight for this one."

Clarke Ingram, a "Jericho" fan from Pittsburgh, Pa., and a spokesman for jericholives, said he was optimistic that CBS would find a way to revive the drama about a Kansas town isolated by a nuclear terrorist attack.

"People would paint this as teenagers in tinfoil hats" rallying behind the show, said Ingram, 50, an operations manager for two radio stations. "That's not what this is. These are educated professionals."

The show's daring premise, its writing and acting make the case for its survival, he said.

Several factors could work in the show's favor: It appeals to the young adult viewers sought by advertisers and was one of CBS' most popular shows streamed online, indicating an audience beyond that measured by traditional ratings.

CBS may also be considering the dent a long hiatus put in the show's viewership, the same scheduling misstep that hurt ABC's "Lost" and NBC's "Heroes."

The network apparently has been impressed by the display of viewer passion, which included the delivery of 50,000 pounds of peanuts to its New York offices. In the season finale, a character replies "Nuts!" to a demand that the beleaguered town of Jericho surrender.

That's the same response that a U.S. general in World War II made to a German demand for surrender at the Battle of the Bulge.

There's already been one positive outcome: CBS is donating the protest peanuts to charities, including one that sends care packages to troops overseas.

13. ladyhunter

That's great news Dynamo1 for all us Jericho fans

I love the peanut protest too. Those fans are so cleaver :lol:

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Good for those who sent the peanuts. I hope that they(networks) start to figure out why they are having such a hard time getting viewers because they cancel them too fast. These hiatuses kill shows, people nowadays want to see it now and not be waiting(you want to be in the moment).

I would really love to see Jericho back on this fall.

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Okay, fans... You win. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

CBS Reverses Decision to Ax 'Jericho'
    Jun 6, 5:58 PM (ET)
    By LYNN ELBER

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "Jericho" fans who slammed CBS with protests over the drama's cancellation have won the battle: It will return next season, the network said Wednesday.

It was an unusual display of viewer might since networks usually put ratings ahead of even the most passionate, well-organized fan base. But CBS said the show deserved another chance, while cautioning that it must prove it has wider appeal.

"Wow! Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series," CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said in a letter to "Jericho" boosters.

The letter was released to The Associated Press.

"You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard," Tassler wrote, and seven episodes have been ordered for midseason 2007-08. "In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more 'Jericho,' we will need more viewers."

Fans must do their part to rally interest while the network does its job, she said.

CBS is planning a campaign to reintroduce "Jericho," including rerunning the show on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips online and releasing the first season on DVD on Sept. 25. The show's return date and scheduling has yet to be determined.

CBS had to complete deals with cast members, including star Skeet Ulrich, before announcing its decision.

Networks rarely reverse a show's axing but CBS has proven its flexibility at least once before. In 1983, after "Cagney & Lacey" was canceled and the network was bombarded with protests, the police drama was brought back in 1984 - and ran successfully to 1988.