Jake/Johnny #1: 'So Distracted By That Guy'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by _Calleigh_, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

LoL, fair enough. :)

I like the bit about him faking his death to parallel him to Ray and kind of continue what Horatio was talking about though I'm wondering if the 'faking death' thing has been way too overdone on Miami. :lol: Of course, gangs and people going darkside is way too overdone as well.

If you wanted the option where they didn't kill him off, it could be where the cops were planning to kill him or tried but didn't succeed. So his dignity would still be in tact (because he was going to blow the whistle on corruption) and they'd still get their man. There could be all sorts of emotional turmoil going on in his head that we would get to see. Ie: struggling with turning them in or not saying anything because cops are like bretheren and he'd never be trusted again.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I agree GNRfan.
    I wouldn't want the good cop turn bad story, they've done it with Ray & with Hagen. *edit: you were posting with me Geni* To me that is plenty, unless it's some random character who was thrown into a story that the CSIs come to realize is no good- that would be fun & different - but not with Jake, he's already too established as far as Im concerned.

When I see Jake I, see his relationship with Calleigh, there really is no other way for me to see him individually because it was how he was introduced & that's been the main focus of his character, so, his character, to me, is there for that purpose. All the other "side stories" of him (UC/detective work) are just add ins to keep him involved in the "work place" & also in Calleigh's life. That's just how I view his character's purpose in the 'Miami' story. ;)

Having said that though, I don't believe he was meant to come in & be a part of Miami for good. I would like it to be that way, but most likely it isn't going to happen.
    So, from my own personal Miami viewing experiences :rolleyes:, I could see Jake returning, the gang issue will come into play again, & he will be killed.
    Not only does this mesh with TPTB's "ways" it also adds another reason for Calleigh to completely lose her marbles...
    which seems to be the route they're taking with her already to the point of breaking down. Do I foresee another Horatio Caine? yep.

Personally, I'd much rather see Jake go out as a good guy (because that's how I see him) than for him to return & wreak havoc in Miami - we have H's enemies for that. Jake's a very likeable character, a little rough around the edges, may not always make the best choices, but he seems to mean well with everything he does - that's a plus in my book. ;)

I can go for that idea!!!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, if Emily decides to leave the show, I think Cal could leave with Jake and they can do it like this: the dirty cops are about to be exposed by Jake, but they try to kill him and he takes a couple of hits, but non-fatal hits. And to protect him, Jake is going to be sent away somewhere safe and Calleigh opts to go with him.

But, if Jake has to die then I'd much rather he die in hero mode... preferably taking a bullet (either figuratively or literally speaking) to protect Calleigh. Remember that episode where Calleigh was confronting that suspect and Jake showed up and the suspect shot Calleigh in the arm? Didn't Calleigh say to Jake that she took a bullet for him? Well, maybe that was foreshadowing that he's going to return the favor.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I'd rather see him dying than him turning in a bad guy.
    Seriously, he came for a reason: he was introduced for Calleigh, no doubts about it.
    Than they added the possibility of making him part of the cast & department, but he came just for Calleigh's storyilne.
    I don't know whether it ended or not 'cause to me it's not clear yet, but I know that playing him as a bad guy would be:
    -boring: as mjszud said they already did it with John Hagen & Raymond. Both of them died because they turned the wrong way. One was a dirty UC agent, the other one got crazy.
    -I seriously doubt I can picture Jake becoming like one of the two mentioned before.
    I mean we know that Jake can be rough but, honestly, I can't picture him drunk, drugged or even worse beating Calleigh or trying to kill the member of H's team. I can't do it.
    So if they want a descent storyline to make him go away, I'd rather see him dying for 2 reasons:
    -they introudeced him for Calleigh and now with his possible death they could easily finish this story possibly without noone getting hurt.
    -they're clearly trying to show a more emotional side of Calleigh & even if they're not toghether Jake's death could hit her;)

Now this is an idea I could easily cope with:p

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'd like to smack the writers for the drinking part, it was so dumb....MIMOSAS!??! Come on! It's a champaigne froofroo drink, not like he slammed back shots of whiskey :rolleyes:
    I didn't like that at all, besides the fact that Calleigh herself had drank 2 as well. Bad move on TPTB's part.

Anyway,
    Fully agree with the above.
    I don't like the way they "ended" Jake's role, it was left far too open for me. So, if they must end his character then I beg for them to do it correctly with no loose ends.
    & 'Good cop turned bad then going to jail' doesn't close the issue either. I don't really know why, but it doesn't. I guess because on this show if someone is still alive & kicking then they could always return later to do more harm. I don't want that for his character, & honestly I couldn't see that with him anyway.

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You know that part is something I do not undesrstand & I will never understand.
    It's completely against his character, maximum I can picture him as a drugged person (this could happen only if they have to make him a bad person), but not as a drunk one.
    I mean his name is not Duke Duquesne & if Calleigh's father was an alcoholic, it doesn't mean her boyfriend must be an alcoholic.
    Plus when he drank those mimosa he was with Calleigh.
    I mean she didn't know he drank all those MIMOSA (totally female drink, if you have to make him an alcoholic, at least do it with a bottle of Jack Deniels:lol:), but she knew he was there drinking something since they were having brunch together.
    And last but not least since he's an healthy man & drank 4 mimosas, what is Calleigh Duquesne who's a small/tiny female who drank 2 mimosas????:lol:
    I wouldn't say he was drunk, although it was pretty clear they wanted to make him drunk.

Now I'd really hope to see him back since it's pretty clear he's a good character for this show:)

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Anyone see Johnny in Pathology? I got it from Netflix and watched it last night. A pretty good movie, a bit disturbing but good. Loved Johnny in glasses. :adore:

8. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I hope so too. I think he adds a different element to the show by being the "bad boy".
    And he's cute too, which doesn't hurt any. ;) Also, I just loved hearing him talk, such a cute accent.

I've seen part of Pathology, my uncle was watching it one day when we went to visit him. From what I saw it seemed like an alright movie, but not quite my taste. Johnny did look pretty good in those glasses though. :lol:

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh yeah it's a way too good character for the show.
    He still reminds me a lot of Speed. He's some sort of Speed for these last series and I think it's a good thing.
    Plus as you said he's hot :drool:.
    His voice is one of the best voices of the show. I love it.

Oh yeah "Pathology" is a strange movie but I love it 'cause finally we had to see a little bit more of Johnny considering his last movies:lol:.
    Plus when he wears thos glasse he's totally yummy :devil:. Too cute.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok this thread seems to die so I decided to lighten it up just a little bit with a pic I'm pretty sure nobody has never seen before (I'm included:p)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks to dryope for these pics, though I'd like to know what event they were taken from :angel:

**starts drolling** :drool:

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Although I'm over Jake on CSI miami, those pictures are sooo OMG cute Florry! He's so adorable!

12. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Mmm...
    Those are some amazing pictures!
    Thank you Florry!

And I too would like to know where those pictures are from though.

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Glad you liked them!

Here are other pics of Johnny during another event, again, IDK what kind of event was though I guess was a car exhibition/fair or something like this :p
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You can't imagine how I wished I was the car :devil:

Credit: dryope

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm not over him, I want him back!

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

DITTO!
    I still think we haven't seen the last of him. We still have to see something more about him.
    I'm pretty sure he'll be back even for just an episode or even if he comes back *cough*just to die*cough*.
    TPTB must to bring him back! :p

All right here are the last pics of him
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Again, thanks to dryope
    IMO, these are some of sweetest & cutest Johnny's pics I've ever seen. I don't know he looks like a kid in these pics :lol: