It's that time again--Holiday Card Swap!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by lookaboomerang, Nov 1, 2007.

1. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

I just received:

kiwigirl
    yas_NYPD
    ThumpyG
    althea

Thanks guys!

2. kiwi_girl

kiwi_girl Dead on Arrival

Glad to hear some of my cards made it in time.. I was getting rather paranoid. To everyone else who recieves theirs late "Oops... I blame the scary post office lady!!"

3. chaostheory08

Btw, yas... I LOVE THE PICTURE! *hugs*

I was about to post, when I received another one...

kiwifan

4. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

I got a card from poison girl yesterday. Thanks! :D

EDIT: I'll just add on to this post, to avoid double-posting. :)

Just received another card today, from Perfect Anomaly. Adorable card, thank you! ^^

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

As Robin in the '80s Batman TV show would say, holy mackerel! Got a big bunch of cards today. :D I list out the folks 'cause I know some of you are concerned about your cards not reaching recipients.

Thank you very much to chaostheory08, CalleighD, stardust1989, poison_girl, yaz_NYPD, kiwi_fan, Springmoon, Althea, Jennifer, NOLAGRRL, vexus, stormymac and snowbird! :) :) :)

You all have such lovely handwriting! So much to analyz- uh, I mean, the cards are so adorable, yes. They made my gloomy, rainy work day so much better.

chaostheory08, if you can find me an appropriate Playgirl cover, I'd be more than happy to Photoshop a certain CSI and a certain homicide detective onto it. :devil: :lol:

yaz_NYPD, it was very nice to see the NY cast in a Christmas card. :) Loved the Christmas background for it.

Springmoon, I knew you'd send a card that would make me laugh. :lol: That poor goldfish. Santa is a great guy but even I wouldn't want him to flash me with a teeny, black g-string. :lol:

Althea, loved the African feel of the card! :) The art is gorgeous, and I appreciate that you went with an animal theme too. Don't worry, I'll find a way to ship you an orang utan. I'll just have to think of a way to sneak one out of the national park first. ;) :lol: And I agree wholeheartedly, the future does belong to those who believe in dreams.

NOLAGRRL, you bet I ticked the Danny/Flack canon slash option. :devil:

And snowbird, I loved the Danny/Flack doodle, it made me grin. :D Cutest stick-figure Danny and Flack evah!

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Haha, I actually looked at one of my cards and (after realizing that I can't write for shite--can I blame the pen?) I was like "Kimmy's going to analyze my handwriting." :lol: So yeah, it doesn't surprise me that you'd say that. :p

I got my card from messinwithmesser today. :p

7. chaostheory08

I'll be right to work then :lol: :devil:

8. althea

althea Lab Technician

Glad you liked the card kimmy :D

As for the handwriting thing I don't think mine is any better but I blame the fact that I had to write out over thirty cards and not the pen Fay :lol:

9. snowbird

snowbird Witness

Kimmy, that's about as talented as I get. I was completely freaked out that your mail service wouldn't send it, because two stick figures holding hands is so risque :p

10. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I have no idea what Faylinn is talking about. There's nothing wrong with her handwriting :p Glad you liked the card, Kimmy; Santa in that thong gave me a few bad dreams, let me tell ya!

11. snowbird

snowbird Witness

joy7, I received your card today and promptly got your snow all over me and the kitchen table.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, I got my card from fastfoodjunkie today, and right now I'm paranoid that I didn't send one to her. :lol: I'm looking at the name like "did I write that on an address? I don't remember!" :p And I already threw away the reference list where I crossed off names as I mailed them.

So I really hope I didn't forget anybody. :eek:

13. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I swear my handwritting is not that bad nor big. I had to make the letters bigger than usual because maybe some of you had thought she needed glasses to read.

I had a bunch of mail today. I have the cards from Faylinn, misfitcena, kiwifan, ThumpyG, kiwi_girl and joy7.

I have a question for the ones in USA, those stickers are common there or you make them for the christmas?

14. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Do you mean the address labels? I have a lot of them because charities that want you to give them money will often send them to you as incentive to give them a donation. But since I do almost everything electronically, I have a lot of them just hanging around and really only use them up at Christmas.

However, you can have them made for you if you want. There are lots of websites that will let you personalize the address stickers.

15. snowbird

snowbird Witness

It's the same here. My parents have a whole bunch. My mom usually cuts the pictures off though, she doesn't like sending out floral ones with only my dad's name on them.