"Irradiator" Disscussion *SPOILERS*

Compared to the other Dr. Jekyll episodes I thought this one was much better. We had everyone involved with the case to one extent or another and not just Langston with a little help from Doc Robbins and Catherine. That was nice.

I was thankful for the little re-hash on Dr. Jekyll from Nick and Catherine. I hadn't been paying a whole lot of attention to the Dr. Jekyll parts of episodes.

Liked seeing Nick's softer side. He was good with Cassie in Gumdrops so you knew he would be good with Gracie too. (It was also nice seeing George being allowed (and able) to finally run full out instead of just jogging. :))

I'll admit it ended before I thought it would. I knew they weren't going to catch Dr. Jekyll before the season finale but I was expecting Nick to catch up to Langston. :lol:

My burning question - Dr. Jekyll gives something to each of his victims and takes something similar as a souvenir? (according to what Nick & Catherine said)
vic #1 - took, bowtie - gave, bow tied intestine
vic #2 - took, word from the appendix of his book - gave, extra appendix
vic #3 - took, radiator plug - gave, radio-active material

Is Langston the next target of Dr. Jekyll?
Langston - took, ID - gave, ?

Susan

Compared to the other Dr. Jekyll episodes I thought this one was much better. We had everyone involved with the case to one extent or another and not just Langston with a little help from Doc Robbins and Catherine. That was nice.

I was thankful for the little re-hash on Dr. Jekyll from Nick and Catherine. I hadn't been paying a whole lot of attention to the Dr. Jekyll parts of episodes.

Liked seeing Nick's softer side. He was good with Cassie in Gumdrops so you knew he would be good with Gracie too. (It was also nice seeing George being allowed (and able) to finally run full out instead of just jogging. :))

I'll admit it ended before I thought it would. I knew they weren't going to catch Dr. Jekyll before the season finale but I was expecting Nick to catch up to Langston. :lol:

My burning question - Dr. Jekyll gives something to each of his victims and takes something similar as a souvenir? (according to what Nick & Catherine said)
vic #1 - took, bowtie - gave, bow tied intestine
vic #2 - took, word from the appendix of his book - gave, extra appendix
vic #3 - took, radiator plug - gave, radio-active material

Is Langston the next target of Dr. Jekyll?
Langston - took, ID - gave, ?

Susan

I think....he gives him DNA. Like, he tries to replace Langston's DNA with "normal" DNA. Maybe his. Because your DNA is kind of like your "ID". It would also tie in that whole 'anger gene' plotline they were hinting at.

I think....he gives him DNA. Like, he tries to replace Langston's DNA with "normal" DNA. Maybe his. Because your DNA is kind of like your "ID". It would also tie in that whole 'anger gene' plotline they were hinting at.
I'm sure Ray's fingerprints are all over the ID tag as well, so he could be intending to plant Ray's prints at his upcoming crime scenes - in a sense, taking Ray's ID and giving him a new identity as a killer.

Jekyll could have taken the ID so he knows who Langston was and so he can find him because he'll probably try to make Langston his next victim.

We'll see if it's mentioned in the next episode, but knowing the writers, I highly doubt it.

Just as I was going to complain about an unfinished episode here I already regret visiting this thread with the suggestion that Ray might be Jekyll's next target. Dang. :lol:

OMG this is CSI, in all it's glory, riveting, intense, compelling, suspensful, and just plain great:bolian:~ First of all is there any doubt that Laurence Fishburne is one magnificent actor? So convincing, so beliveable so brilliant~ A review of my thoughts and an overview of this episode~

The slain family and dog, Cath and Sara going over the house [Jorja is so pretty]~

Nick and Ray [and in jeans, nice:p never saw him in denim before] and Nick finds the only survivor hiding in the toy chest, all freaked out He was so sweet and caring with Gracie, he's make such a great dad. "It's OK, gotcha ya' "

Greg finding more evidence with Sara, and her sharing a gory story about the Manson gang, how they were "creepy crawlers and snuck into houses and did robberies"~

Hodges and Wendy going over evidence~

Nick with Gracie in hospital "Dont' be scared. She thinks the pic. he showed her is the guy who did this~

Brass with another maybe suspect "What's your shoe size"? "WHY"? "Because I asked you, that's why":rommie: he did steal a video, but not killer, plus Sara and Hodges--shoe didn't match~But, there was Titanium on the shoes. Sara and Nick go back to the house, go next door and find bloodstain on doorknob. Why the hell don't they turn on the lights, instead of using flashlights? Find sink overflowing in basement. Nick turns it off. Neighbor said the dog barked constantly:(

Ray tells Sara that Jack Henson, the guy there looking for had same caliber gun. Ray and Nick find a surgical tool~ Dr. Ray pieces the tool together it's tatanium. Ray sprays table ":Sara: "That's alot of blood" Greg and Sara on where he is? Greg: I take it your playing a hunch"? "Sara: "Uh, huh". "team Bulldogs. They find Jack is hiding in Parhump [lovely town.. NOT]~ They surround house tell him to come out, he's rambling psycho-babble then his Aunt tells him to put down the gun and he shoots her:wtf: Brass finds him~

Ray and Nick find G-I-T-A 1132 in pipe. From bible Nick:"He's Dr. Jekyll"? Ray: NO, he's another victim"~

Super Dave & Ray going over body. The guy had a radio-active solar thingy in his head and it makes one not know what their doing. Ray "They did a rat experiement, same thing where they savagly attack each other with little provacation"~ He's a sadist and makes his victims suffer" Sara: "Severly twisted"~

Hodges finds gamma spikes called "Merida 192":confused:

Brass and Ray go to mfg, where pellets are made "The guy has a bad attitude and thinks he recognizes Ray Then all of a sudden he goes "I got it, Ray Langston, you wrote "Angel Of Death" ~ then the guy starts bashing, insulting, and putting the book and Ray down He was insinuating that Ray could bring down the whole medical field with a sequel:( Ray explains "You obviously didn't read it very clearly or carefully, I was examining my failures in the book" The guy kept it up, and finally Ray snapped and slammed him into the wall:scream: I was stunned, he rarely shows his anger. But he did this in "Mascara" too, when the perp was lying about the killings and Brass pulled him off. He was really miffed off, but with good reason~

Brass in the hallway , giving him some pearls of wisdom Ray just stands and pouts and doesn't say anything. Brass: "I know this Dr. Jekyll is getting to you, and I understand that" and, If it's something from your past, I suggest that you drop it, it's not working"~

Nick and Ray chasing the maybe Jekyll through the hospital A surgical mask, which almost everyone wears. Nick demanding that doctors and nurses in surgery take off theirs. Ray spots someone, starts the chase SO INTENSE Radios Nick, who's also looking. Then down to the wire, Ray goes down to some kind of store-room looks around and gets knocked over the head with a huge piece of a wood beam of some sort. Takes his ???? What was that? So who the hell was that guy? creepy and scary? and poor Ray, laying all bloody~ Great episode A big A+/10- LF rocked and was electric. They were all great and I loved this episode~

Last edited:
Loved it. Nick is soo good with kids, that opening scene was the sadest and most enjoyable I've watched in a long time. Excellent episode all told. Dr J has to be someone we know.....

Aww, I love the scene with Nick and the little girl, I can see him being the type of father who'd spoil their little girl :)

I liked Brass giving Ray a bit of advice, he seems to be the guy to do that (Brass and Sara on her drinking?). I noticed some people are a little miffed that Ray doesn't say anything about what he says, but in my experience growing up whenever someone gave me some "pearls of wisdom" I didn't say anything about it, I just grunted, although it did mean something to me. (Also, my stepfather notices this too with the kids he works with). Well, that's just what I got out of it. ;)

Good episode.I knew they were not going to catch Dr J but I was still interested until the end.There were a lot of moments that I liked: Nick and the little girl,Nick and Catherine talking about the case,Brass giving advice to Ray .It's not Milander storyline or the miniature killer but I really want to see how this ends.

Great episode, very exciting!!

- I loved Nick with the little girl, so cute and heartwarming!
- The chasing scene in the hospital was really thrilling. I was hanging on the edge of my seat...
- I think the doctor that Ray was talking to (the one he pushed against the wall) could be Dr. Jekyll. You could't really get a clear shot of him, in the end scene.
- The fact that Dr. Jekyll took Ray's ID might proof that they know each other. Or at least met each other once. I once read this article about "CSI" where they wrote that Dr. Jekyll is someone we already saw on the show before. My money is on that doctor.

I think the Dr. Jekyll storyline is great and I hope that they will get him eventually! They will...

Just wandering in to pull the tack on this thread, but do feel free to continue in the discussions of this past episode. :)

Back