"Irradiator" Disscussion *SPOILERS*

Smokey

Nickaholic
Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'
Episode Title: 'Irradiator'
Episode Number: 1017
Synopsis: "When the CSI team investigates the brutal murder of a family, they trace the killer to the house next door, which might belong to the 'Dr. Jekyll' serial killer."

Original Airdate
: April 08, 2010
Written By: Bradley Thompson and David Weddle
Directed By: Michael Nankin

Guest Stars:

• Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
  • Larry Sullivan as Officer Akers
  • Jack Conley as Jack Herson
  • John Pyper-Ferguson as Dr. William Byrne
  • Maurice Compte as Chalo Arua
  • Brady Smith as Tom Layman
  • Deborah Zoe as Lisa Layman
  • Sierra McCormick as Gracie Layman
  • John O'Leary as Cranky Old Man
  • John Gammon as Swat Tech
  • Jennifer Rhodes as Aunt Nellie Porter
  • Vincent Duvall as Swat Lt. Jack Parker
  • Michael Jace as Security Director
  • Cory Blevins as Surgeon
  • Cat Hammons as Intern
  • Geoff Koch as Security Guard
  • Paula Francis as Paula Francis

Do you like this title better, Smokey? :lol:

This one looks pretty good from the previews and the exclusive video on the CBS site. Nick running through the halls...RAWR.

Do you like this title better, Smokey? :lol:

I do! :lol: But I must confess, I had to look up the definition of "irradiator". :lol:

ir·ra·di·ate v. ir·ra·di·at·ed, ir·ra·di·at·ing, ir·ra·di·ates

v.
tr.1. a. To expose to radiation.
b. To treat with radiation: irradiate farm produce so as to destroy bacteria.

2. To shed light on; illuminate.
3. To manifest in a manner suggesting the emission of light; radiate: irradiate goodness.

Verrrrry interesting! Since they are in a hospital, I suppose the radiation part fits, but also I like the "to shed light on" as we may learn more about Jekyll. :)

and John Pyper-Ferguson is back. He was in the Pilot episode as the husband in Cath & Warrick's case. He's also in one of my favorite Christmas movies - Angel in the Family - with Tracey Needham & her husband Tommy Hinkley, Ronny Cox, & Meredith Baxter.

ir·ra·di·ate v. ir·ra·di·at·ed, ir·ra·di·at·ing, ir·ra·di·ates

v.
tr.1. a. To expose to radiation.
b. To treat with radiation: irradiate farm produce so as to destroy bacteria.

2. To shed light on; illuminate.
3. To manifest in a manner suggesting the emission of light; radiate: irradiate goodness.

Verrrrry interesting! Since they are in a hospital, I suppose the radiation part fits, but also I like the "to shed light on" as we may learn more about Jekyll. :)

It could be both. They seem to choose episode titles because of the double meanings. :lol:

Susan

Well, if it's radiation that has something to do with the episode, then that might explain that funky red light in some scenes in the promo... :lol: Generally if there's a radiation leak somewhere, a siren goes off and there are flashing red lights... at least in a lot things I've seen on tv that's generally the case. :lol:

Here's the promo for Irradiator. Thankfully it says 9:00pm! (It's from Margamania so hopefully everyone can see it. :))

And the extended promo for those who haven't seen it. (also from Margamania)

Susan

As soon as I heard the title I wondered if it had something to do with radiation. It makes the most sense with this Dr. Jekyll storyline.

I never even thought of that, GNRF. They do have warnings for radiation, don't they?

The killer from the pilot is back? I'm assuming that he's not playing the same character. Does that happen often, actors playing two different roles on the same CSI?

The killer from the pilot is back? I'm assuming that he's not playing the same character. Does that happen often, actors playing two different roles on the same CSI?

Oh yeah...most obvious to me lately was the mother in "Turn, Turn, Turn" was the mother in "Gentle, Gentle". She must have it in her contract...only repetitively titled episodes, please. :lol:

Ummm...and the killer in "Appendicitement"...the guy at the diner...he was the carnival ride operator in "Justice is Served".

There's a ton more, and I'm sure we'll hear about them. ;)

Wow, I guess I haven't paid enough attention to stuff like that. Which, in a way, I suppose is a good thing, because then I'm not trying to figure out how some people got out of jail. :lol:

I'm torn here. I don't want it to be Thursday because I need to go back to school, but I want it to be Thursday so that I can see this episode (and, I'll be honest, the Field Mice promo).

Yadda yadda yadda what about Greg??!?1 Arrgh! Also, this episode/character reminds me of Pirates of the Third Reich. With that creepy doctor guy. I actually really liked his storyline more than the Dr. Jekyll one.

And I also figured out why I dislike the Jekyll storyline. It's too CONVENIENT. It seems like they set up the entire thing just to make Ray the protagonist. The guy just HAPPENS to be a medical genious which just HAPPENS to affect Ray who just HAPPENS to be an ex doctor. The best stories are the ones that happen because of the way the characters are already, not by frabricating some back story and eccentric characteristics in a villain. They never had some bad guy bug fanatic that sent Grissom bug skeletons in the mail. The miniature killer was good because it didn't have anything to do with Grissom, it was all Natalie's eccentricities. /rant over

The only thing I have to contribute relates to one thing George said in that interview. I got all excited when he mentioned the Justice League. :D

... Don't ask. I'm a nerd...

I'm recording the episode instead of watching it when it airs, but it'll probably be a few days before I get around to watching it. I'll have to be really really bored first... cause the Jekyll storyline... well, it had potential in the beginning with the intestines tied into a knot... but after that it just kind of fell flat. :lol: I'm one who didn't really care much for the Minature Killer storyline either. they just don't do serial killer storylines like they used to. Blue Paint Killer and Millander were more interesting to me.

They never had some bad guy bug fanatic that sent Grissom bug skeletons in the mail.

:guffaw: That made me giggle. Can you imagine Grissom's reaction if someone did that? I still remember him asking that exterminator how it made him feel to kill bugs. :lol:

Back