Investigation song in CSI: "Compulsion"?

Re: Investigation Song in "Compulsion"

In accordance with the guidelines here, I excerpted the "Waiting for You" song from last night’s re-airing of Episode 517 (“Compulsion”) and made an mp3 out of it that’s about 2 minutes long. This is taken straight from the show itself, I don’t know what the song is, and CBS is not responding to my inquiries.

I hope this helps others figure out the lyrics and track down the group and song…. I’d love to hear and buy more of whoever this is.

At the following links (on Rapidshare), you’ll need to scroll to the bottom, click “Free”, and probably let it count down about a minute before you can download. You may have to come back another time if too many people download at once, but as far as I know, there should be no limits nor expiration.

Here’s a 192 kbps mp3 (3 megabytes):
http://rapidshare.de/files/3282468/CSI_Compulsion_517_Waiting_for_You_192_kbps.mp3.html

Here’s the full-quality wav file (23 megabytes):
http://rapidshare.de/files/3282626/CSI_Compulsion_517_Waiting_for_You.wav.html

For what it's worth (doesn't help me in web searches), the lyrics I think I'm making out now from the mp3 are:

I've been waitin(g) for you
To save my worth
So I want you like my soul
Afraid (?) of my ghost

Our worlds/wounds are still breathing

Has anyone had any luck since the last post?

to me it sounds like
"So why aren't you Letting/like my soul get rid of my ghost"

I don't know, but it is driving me crazy

Band also has a song in the "Nesting Dolls" episode.

Sara is listening to it before Grissom comes to her apartment and talks to her about her meltdown at the lab. It is also playing in the prior scene where Nick is collecting some kind of white chalky stuff from a suspect's carpet.

It definitely is the SAME singer because I've had trouble trying to figure out what she is saying here also lol. The lyrics go something like:

i feel in the air
like (black?) dust in the air
my hurt plea is just a little game
just a real criminal

PS: It's not the Cinephile song "What will become of us" which is also in that episode.

i hear:
i've been waiting for you
to save my world
(could be word)
so i want to make my soul
the reign
(rain?) of my curse (or maybe ghost)

i can see how "make" sorta sounds like "lick", but i'm pretty sure its "make"
"reign" could be "rain"
and "word"/"world" is pretty ambiguous, it could be either... same with "curse"/"ghost"

giving it a closer listen, it overall sounds like:
to save my world
so i want to make my soul
the reign of my ghost

actually the last line could be "get rid of my curse" or "get rid of my ghost", hmm...

still no google matches :/

ok, now i'm fairly convinced that it goes:
to save my world
so why won't you make my soul
get rid of my curse

...still no matches heh

Thank U SO MUCH for posting the link!!! Now at least I have a piece of the song!

Hey I wrote to CBS too, but also never got a reply. Maybe they will get so many queries that someone will eventually answer. lol

I haven't had much luck on my searches either, though I keep trying different possible combos of possible words... it's frustrating when you can't be sure just what she's saying!
If I find anything b sure I will post it! Thanks again for the link!! :D

I'm glad the link helps. :) That song is driving me crazy ever since the original airing....

Via what greyson posted a couple posts above, I'm scouting with friends still to see if anyone has the Nesting Dolls episode that sounds like it might also use the same band (and I think I finally found someone).

If at all possible, I'll get that excerpt up too before too much longer. If it sounds likely to be a different band to me, I'll probably start a new thread for it though (but I'll also say here that I've done so)....

Re: Band also has a song in the "Nesting Dolls" episode.

Okay, here’s the excerpt taken directly from Episode 513 Nesting Dolls that greyson mentioned a few posts above.

Does sound like it might be the same singer as before, but I can’t be sure. Hopefully one might help track down the other. I do think I make out the same lyrics greyson already included, but they don’t help me in web searches.

Be forewarned, the excerpt starts off pretty quiet with dialogue (and soft music) then quickly goes to full volume after about 10 seconds.

Same spiel as before:

At the following links (on Rapidshare), you’ll need to scroll to the bottom, click “Free”, and probably let it count down about a minute before you can download. You may have to come back another time if too many people download at once, but as far as I know, there should be no limits nor expiration….

Here’s a 192 kbps mp3 (1.6 megabytes):
http://rapidshare.de/files/3576556/CSI_Nesting_Dolls_513_I_Feel_in_the_Air_192kbps.mp3.html

Here’s the full-quality wav file (11.5 megabytes):
http://rapidshare.de/files/3576688/CSI_Nesting_Dolls_513_I_Feel_in_the_Air.wav.html

I'm so glad i found this forum...i've been looking for that song too...im tearin my hair out cuz i cant catch the lyrics n i've tried everything..updates anyone??? dying to get that song!!!

i've been looking too. i think i've been driving my neighbours mad by listening to it over and over trying to work out those damn lyrics lol

me too!..i've been listening n listening and all i ever got are lyrix tt dont make any sense. dam these cbs pple. I'm sick of it but i really wanna know the song. its addictive dude! SOMEONE OUT THERE HELP US!!!!!! lol

Re: What song was that?

Okay I just first saw the episode tonight but I did about 30 minutes of searching and although I havent been able to get a copy of the song im lead to believe it is.

Band: New Order
Song: Elegia
Album: Low Life

Re: What song was that?

i also just saw it and am trying to figure out the song's info. i'm pretty sure it's not Elegia - New order though. that song is only instrumental, it sounds cool though.

Back