Investigation song in CSI: "Compulsion"?

I'm pretty sure it's a 'dance' type remix of Stina Nordenstam's
'The World is Saved' off of the album of the same name
released last year.

I thought it might be Stina Nordenstam as well, but the lyrics don't match at all and nor does the song.

After exhausting the Lali Puna idea, I too thought it might be Mum as well and went through a few tracks. I've posted a message to a Mum mailing list to see if that generates anything.

Here are some of the lyrics from the scene where Nick and Catherine first examine the boys house:

I've been waiting for you/ to save my soul.

Thats all I know for right now,.

Posted by abc:
Here are some of the lyrics from the scene where Nick and Catherine first examine the boys house:

I've been waiting for you/ to save my soul.

Thats all I know for right now,.

She doesnt say 'save my soul'... the last world is definatly not soul... starts with a "w" or similiar...

My interpretation...

I've been waiting for you
To save my (world? or worth?)
So why won't you lick my soul
or eat off my ghost

To save my (world? or worth?)
So why won't you lick my soul
or eat off my ghost

(?) are churning sands?
start circling chairs?

my wounds are still breathing

Still dissecting...

I also emailed the computorgirl people and asked them if it's one of thiers, but no repsonse yet.

hoggle wrote:
>My interpretation...
>I've been waiting for you
>To save my (world? or worth?)
>So why won't you lick my soul
>or eat off my ghost

What I've been hearing is:

"I've been waiting for you
to save my memory.
So why won't you
?????? my soul?
Cradle my ghost."

I've listened to the bit over and over again. I'm about 80% sure she says "cradle my ghost." Nevertheless, I've found nothing using these lyrics on search engines. :-(

It'd be so nice if CSI put song titles in their closing credits in the same manner that films do.

cheers,
magpie

this question needs a bump. Did anyone ever find the answer?

so we still don't know the song that is played during Catherine and Nick investigation in the Hawkin's house right? I know it's not Elegia.

arrghh..this is driving me crazy... -.-

can't we send email to cbs or something? :confused:

I sent a half dozen emails out to different people involved on the show... only one replied, someones manager... just said they would look into it... never heard anything since...

The person in the the other thread said they found the instrumental version of the song, but haven't responded where...

:( oh well...we'll just continue searching...or waiting...

could it be that it's an original music from CBS musicians crews? I mean not from a popular band out there. If that's that the case then we may never be able to buy the cd.

My feeling is... if a lyrics search doesn't come up on Google or MSN Search (the second best indexing site out there), then it doesn't deserve to be found. I've been looking off and on for weeks now, and all I see is threads of people asking the same question, but no hints of any bands or songs anywhere.

So, out of frustration, screw it.

Found Opening Song in "Compulsion"

I knew I had it somewhere - the song being played in the opening of this episode (as the flight attendant is checking in) is "Processed Beats" by Kasabian from their debut self-titled album.

Re: Found Opening Song in "Compulsion"

Is that the same song that plays when Nick&Cath investigates the boy's house? I'm dying to know.

Re: Investigation Song in "Compulsion"

I've never used a message board b4 so I hope I do this right... I'm also looking for that same song, and I wondered if anyone ever found it? I saw the show again tonight on rerun and so I looked again online and found this forum. Did anyone find out who it was?? Thanks

These are the lyrics I thought I made out on tonight's re-airing (and I've replayed the section several times). Put them in another thread where someone was asking, too. I cannot figure out what song it is.

I've been waitin(g) for you
To save my worth/work/words (?)

...So I want you....
....Like my soul.... (?)
This is our journey's....
...stars are....
(afraid?) of my (caress/ghost)....
(our hands are?)...still breathing....

I've been searching every forum on the internet about this particular song. I came across a forum with a link to the song. It only contained about a minute of it and the man who posted the link was asking the same questions, "who does this song and what is it called?"

As far as lyrics, I came up with (after listening for about an hour to the same 1 minute clip):

To save my world
So why don't you
Lick/Wreck my soul
Parade all my ghosts

That's all I have so far. I'm 98% sure that the lyrics is "lick" but that just makes no sense. I think it might be by Julee Cruise but that's just a guess.

If anyone figured out what the song is please inform me.

Back