If Grissom Leaves After 2007 **NO Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by goggie704, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

Re: If Grissom Leaves After 2007

Around for season 8? OMG, I'm praying...

2. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

me too i pray for more of this

3. orgasmicbilly

orgasmicbilly Lab Technician

he really is leaving!! omg he developed heart problems!!!...bad csi!!!

4. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

what i thought those heart problems were like two years ago plz say it aint so!

5. gems

gems Hit and Run

From what Ive read the heart probems where a few years back meaning he had to take it easy, but he still had a contract till the end of season 7 so he stayed on. The show will go on if he leaves, but it will be very different!!

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

He has an irregular heartbeat, it doesn't mean he can not work it just means that he has to slow down, since he admits that he is a workaholic, and he had to change things such as his eatting habits and exercise and so on.

Alot of people with and irregular heartbeat depending on the severity they can go on to working as normal, just as long as they take it easy and take care of themselves.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I got all CSI:LV on DVDs. I watched them all and not only once. I feel not good how it changed in the last 2 seasons. Without Grissom it feels so empty. I realise that it is "only" TV, but Grissom is/was definitfly the main character in CSI. The others are very good too, but Grissom IS CSI. I feel a little sorry for Marc Vann that he have to play this ...hole Conrad Ecklie.

Maybe it is time to stop CSI:LV at once. How to replace Grissom? Nobody of the existing CSI's can replace him. Not because of the quality of their work, but the way how the Grissomcharacter was played. I saw how it is without Grissom ... I did not like it. I will of course not watch CSI without Grissom. I hated #509 because this ...hole played a dirty game that no person in this position should play. I think that the writers did not a good job on #509. They should remember "Never touch a running System!". I would be happy if they reinstall Grissom as the Boss and kick down this negative character Conrad Ecklie. CSI have so many bad moments with dead bodies that we don't need another bad character.

For me is CSI since #509 dead. I skipped already the next Episodes. It is not the same anymore. CSI:LV is dead ...

I wish Mr. Petersen all the best for his future. He brought me a lot of very good hours.

8. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

Well, Billy will at least be there for one more season, :) so let's enjoy his presence while we can... And I certainly hope he will be more involved in his Grissom character. When he's not in a scene or is on the screen for only 5 or 6 minutes out of a whole episode, let's just say I am distracted and I look for him... You hou! Billy? Where are you???

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'd like to see Ecklie go too but I thought that after the beginning of S6 everyone was back as one team again. Cath is still supervisor but I heard that no one was on swing shift now.

10. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

i know its all a bit confusing now whos ment to be where?? :confused:

11. babygirl2667

babygirl2667 Dead on Arrival

I must say that I'm really disappointed with the suppossed fans of the show who would jump the ship in WP leaves. What about the other people on the show? Do you watch it only for one character? The show on the whole is great and it really slaps down the other actors who all do a great job. It seems unfair to the other actors that fans would not watch the show because Grissom leaves. I'll wait and see what happens and I will continue to watch until the overall quality of the show just falls.
    Not meant to offend anyone-just my opinion.

12. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

that is a very valid point u make babygirl2667 i think we all care about the grissom character alot and his quirkiness intelligence and hotness all combine to make him an intriguing character. its not that we dnt appreciate the others because i find them all to be very great actors in their own rite but seen as grissom has been played as the main role from the beginning it is very hard to imagine the show without his leadership qualities. thats how i think people feel but i may be wrong actually i probably am wrong as i am most of the time lol :)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I will still be watching, although it still won't be the same without him. he could always do a guest spot here and there.

I think that this show has such a strong ensemble cast, it could make it without him. Everything else, such as the writing, would need to stay really good though.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

please tell me this is a joke my friend just told me and gave me this link ! if Grissom leaves i will go into mourning , wearing only black to school , refusing to watch csi and of course i will cry every time its mentioned ! arrrghh!!!! im distressed now!!

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The only time its written in stone is when its the actors fineal appearance and we see it on the screen, But then again WP also has said something about leaving only to turn around and promptly retract the statement.

This time around it comes from the comment due to health concerns, in the CSIFiles News.

Last year, the actor revealed his ongoing health problems had caused him to ask for fewer hours on the set of CSI, resulting in less screen time for Gil Grissom. This year, the actor said fans may soon have to say goodbye to the bug man for good. "The first three or four [seasons], I was dying. It was an excessive amount of stress. We were working nights and days. Nobody slept, and I developed heart problems."

"The show can go on without me, and probably will, but I want to come back to act in Chicago," he continued. "My wife and I just bought a condo downtown, and I want to do theater."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.