I Have An "LV" Episode/Character Question *NO Spoilers* P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

1. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Another quick question before I return to writing.:( Does anyone know the name of the receptionist that occasionally gets a couple of lines every once in awhile? I know there's been a couple of receptionists so I'll try to describe her. Umm...she has curly hair, blonde, and cute. I know that's superly vague but I tried. If you could help me out I'd really appreciate it.:)

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Judy is the one your thinking of

3. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Thanks.:)

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Alright, I've got a question. I'm not sure if this one will be fully answerable but I'd like to see what others think.

In "Ghost Town", Paul Millander is portrayed as being schizophrenic. The 'personalities' of Paul and Judge Mason are said in this ep to be two completely different people. However, in "Identity Crisis" when we meet Judge Mason, the implication is that it's just a cover for Millander. Was the split personality a retcon in "Ghost Town" or am I missing something from "Identity Crisis"?

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I think Judge Mason was just a cover. Usually with split personalities (I think) one personality is not aware of another one.

Judge Mason knew exactly who he was, Paul Millander (who was Pauline Millander).

Did that answer your question? :lol:

6. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

That's what I always thought - both the split personality awareness and Mason as a cover. :)

And that is why "Ghost Town" really irritates me. I hate retcons...

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Me too, just like when the changed Nick's birthday from August (the day after Grissom's) to February (or was it March) in Turn Turn Turn. This still irritates me.

8. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

In the season five episode, Nesting Dolls, Greg is said that he's going to a court thing and Sara's giving him advice. I've been thinking about this/pulling my hair out about how could Greg be going to court. Aren't Greg and Sara working night shift with Grissom? I can't help but think this must be a very busy town if Las Vegas has to have 24-hour courts. Do you guys/gals have any ideas? I've run out of hair to pull out.:(

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

The scene with Sara giving advice to Greg in the lab could be early in the morning at the end of the shift,so Greg gets ready to go to court which might be scheduled later in the morning.:)

10. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Except that it's not because it's the start of Sara's shift!

11. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Nesting Dolls?If I remember well Sara works for Catherine in this episode because her shift is understaffed.So maybe talks to Greg in the afternoon when she starts her shift?

12. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

That's what I was thinking. Sara was helping Catherine on swing shift, and so it would be afternoon when she starts.

13. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Except that Catherine only knows she's getting Sara AFTER Grissom says "I have a shift to start" so it isn't as if Sara's called in early.

This is one of those episodes that really makes you go "Wow, the writers really did just throw stuff together sometimes" because there's just about no way to rationalise it. Trust me. I've tried!

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, considering they work grave and about 98% of the time it's day out :shifty:, should tell you something. :)

15. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

It's been a while since I've seen the ep, but maybe Greg was going to court first thing the next day and wasn't working the shift so he could prep for it.