I Have An "LV" Episode/Character Question *NO Spoilers* P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

In an episode previous this one (I want to say "You've Got Male"), Grissom noticed that Sara has no life outside work. She goes home and listens to the police scanner. No hobbies. So he advises her that she 'get a life' or she'll burn out. She's mad at Grissom in this episode because Grissom expects her to be on hand and available at a moments notice - thus negating his advice to her from previously.

Make sense I did?

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yes, Yoda...strong with the force, you are.

:lol:

Keep those questions coming! Keeps us on our toes! :D

3. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I was actually replying when I noticed PC was replying too :lol:. Yes, you made sense :D

4. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Here's another question to stump. In a couple of episodes Greg talks about his Papa Olaf or Uncle Olaf. Is Papa/Uncle Olaf Swedish? Dutch? Or is it Icelandic?

5. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

None of the above; Papa Olaf is Norwegian, as expressly mentioned in (I think) "Let The Seller Beware"

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I know that Greg was promoted to CSI level-1 in Who Shot Sherlock? and to CSI level-3 in 19 Down but I don't think that it has ever been mentioned in an episode that he's a CSI level-2.Is this correct?

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

You got it. When is one of those things we'll never know! :thumbsup:

Susan

8. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

You're right. It's never stated that Greg is a CSI 2 - thus impossible to decipher when he got promoted. The timeline between "Sherlock" and "19 Down" is rather long...

9. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

This is a random question but I'm sure you guys/gals will figure it out. I've read in a couple of fanfics that Cath used to be addicted to drugs but I've seen most of the episodes dealing with Cath and I don't remember that ever being said or addressed. If you know anything about this could you tell me what episode it came from? Thanks in advance.

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

no, as far as we know Cath wasn't into drugs, it's just fanfic

her ex Eddie was, they found drugs in his car in Lady Heather's Box and in If I Had a Hammer the guy said he met Eddie's supplier in prison and asked her if she was on drugs while processing the crime scene

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Actually, Catherine did have a cocaine addiction (which is where the fanfics get it) and I believe it has been referred to on the show. However, I can't think of what episode(s) that did. It was probably one of the earlier ones.

12. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Catherine never had drugs problems.Her husband used to have.

13. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

There are references, early on, that suggest otherwise. Mostly, I think they're in season 1, but I can give you a couple of specific references from other seasons:

Firstly, in s2's Organ Grinder, she gets extremely...coy with Nick over how she knows the dandruff isn't cocaine just by looking.

Secondly, in s3's Last Laugh, she's incredibly vehement on the subject of whether you can (or can't) OD on cocaine via penal absorption. (ye gads that was a phrase I didn't think I'd need when I got up this morning!)

Which is all pretty circumstantial but it does suggest she at the very least has a pretty intimate knowledge of the drug.

More damning is this line from Too Tough To Die:
    Eddie Willows: Yeah, and who paid to close up your nose?

In the context of the conversation, I can't imagine Eddie's talking about a procedure to stop snoring, somehow...

So, while I don't think it's ever explicitly stated that Catherine did drugs or had a drug problem, it IS pretty heavily implied.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes she did. It is part of her character's description, that she briefly had a drug problem. This was before she became a CSI.

15. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Woah, I didn't think that would be a question to have speedystokesgirl, Athersgeo, Grissom rules, and sharp52092 to answer. Maybe I should come up with questions at 3 am more often. Thanks for the answers everyone.:)