HP And The Deathly Hallows ~ * BEWARE MAJOR SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Re: HP *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Heh, with names like Scorpius around, he have to get in line to be beaten! Seriously though, being named after the most famous headmaster the school has known can't be that bad.

While I was sobbing mightily over the deaths, I feel that they had to be included. It wouldn't have been realistic for Harry and his friends to all survive and the only deaths to be unnamed characters. I'm actually surprized that all the teachers survived. I would have thought that at least one would have been killed to make the point about sacrifice (or did the centaur die, I can't remember)
    When they do the movie, I can see them doing a scene like the end of Master and Commander where the camera just pans over the bodies and we see familiar faces there.

2. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

OMG I can't believe she killed off Hedwig?! Friggin' bawled my eyes out. :( Then Dobby! I can't believe it. *sniff*
    My wonderful ships were cannon. :p I seem to have some luck in that department it seems. :rolleyes: :lol: Ron and Hermoine, Tonks and Lupin and Ginny and Harry. The Tonks and Lupin was the best though, even had some awesome angst lol. Gotta love the angst. Them leaving their child alone though isn't so great, kind of like Harry though I guess.
    I agree on the 19 years later thing too, it was overkill, I was disappointed that it hadn't finished, if you get me? :lol: It was nice to see their kids though, and Neville as a teacher. :D
    I loved reading peoples reactions to Harry's death, Prof. McGonnagoll's (you'd think I would be able to spell her name after reading it hundreds of times wouldn't you? :rolleyes:) reaction had me in tears...again. :rolleyes:
    God it was such a good book I could be here for ages naming them all.
    -Dudley saying goodbye to Harry.
    -the whole 'seven Potters' chapter. It got a bit confusing at points, and friggin' Hedwig...let's not go there, *sniff* but it was just an awesome fight scene in the sky. :D
    -Snape being good in the end.
    -Dumbledore's secrets. I like the fact that he wasn't entirely 'Godly', you know? Makes me love him even more. *blubbers*
    -escaping from Gringotts on the Dragon. :p
    -Neville killing Nagini
    -moving around in the tent. I don't know why I liked that so much, but it was fun. :lol:
    -friggin' Grawp's reappearance, bloody brilliant. :lol:
    -when they went back to Hogwarts. I was worried that she wasn't going to take us back there. I love that place. *swallows lump in throat*
    -in the room of requirement, and all the peeps were filling the room, all in support of Harry.
    -Kreacher, every scene they had with him.
    -that she didn't kill off Ron, Hermoine or Harry. I was worried that she'd do that. Although she did kill Dobby and Hedwig. :rolleyes: Thank F**k she left Hagrid alone. :eek: I don't know what I would have done if... :eek:

Umm, I'll shut up now. *goes off to cry*

3. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^Exactly. I hate to say it as I have followed the books from the begining but if she hadn't of killed off many people the 'evil people' (deatheaters) aren't very good are they :)

Ok this is what I thought, please excuss me if I start to ramble!

Did anyone else get the feeling before the book that lupin would die? Well I did, I thought it made sense because literally everyone who was origanlly connected to Harry from the begining or those who had spent most of their lives protecting him died- His parents, lupin, sirius, wormtail, dumbuldore, moody and then in someway snape. The only one who didn't die was Hagrid but you can't kill him off, you just can't :)

I hate to say it but really minuse colin one of the main 'young' characters had to die didn't they. I am so glad that Percy came back but I don't know about you but I cryed when he was shielding Fred's dead body from further harm.

Hedwig and Dobby... What can I say? Well I was surprised to see the death of hedwig but what other part would she have played in the book, did crookshanks or pig go on their little journey, no! Dobby I had a feeling he would die saving Harry because thoughout all the books it seemed that his mission in life was to save him. I thought it was really sad when Harry dug his grave by hand but that's just me.

Snapes death ok maybe I need to re-read this chapter again but what did Harry get into a jar?? Like someone else said the idea that he wanted to die looking into 'Lilly's' eyes is heart warming and quite sad. I had no idea if he was going to be good or bad but I am glad that it turned out that he had tryed to help Harry.

Mrs Weasley!! I absolutly loved it when she can storming in :lol:. When the film comes out they best put that in :lol:

When Harry was on his way to his 'death' and he used the stone to see the people he loved. Sirius' comment about death was in my opinion perfect. Just before that when he saw Ginny well that brought a tear to my eyes when he talked about his home being Hogwarts, loved it I can just imagine him standing there looking at her.

Ok the Kingscross chapter... He wasn't really dead was he because JK has made it clear that no one can be brought back from death. In my opinion it was sort of his imagination running wild- his perfect place because Dumbuldore spoke about it being in his mind.

I loveed the part where was in the great hall with voldermort and he was explaining everything to him. I thought the end was perfect (not 19 years later bit) when it ended with his little comment out sandwhiches and bed just before that excellent ending, 'I've had enough trouble for a life time!'

19 years later- Before I start I agree it was a little fanfic/overkill but oh well it's a children's book :)Well the names of Harry/Ginny's kids were obvious really apart from the severes one but I think it was good how Harry said to his son that Severes was the bravest man he ever new even though they were sort of enemy's until the end!

Ok one more thing the convo Ginny had with her son about, 'giving a professeur love' was a classic and one of my fav parts of the book!

'The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.' That was the last part of the book, does anyone think she could do an eigth in years to come? In my opinion, even though I love the books, it would be wrong for her to do another, there has always only ever been seven planned why change now? The whole Harry Potter series was centered around the story of Harry and Voldermort- if he is dead then why introduce another 'villin', it's not James Bond! If she did that there would be no escaping the story because if she introduces another source of evil what's stopping her from creating another and another!

Ok i'll leave you to write what you think! I can't wait to read more of your views :)

Edit: ^^ oh god yeh I loved Dudley saying goodbye to Harry and the whole 'seven Potters' had me in stiches! Like you said I'm glad they ended up at Hogwarts it was just...right if you know what I mean?

4. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

It was Snape's memories, or at least the memories that were relevent to Harry and the quest (Snape and Lily, Snape and Dumbledore, etc). Presumably Snape had set it up so that those memories were sort of blocked off and could be easily extracted as he died. The next chapter had Harry using the Pensieve to view them (and it wasn't until then that I figured out what Snape had given him)

My first reaction when Tonks showed up was "didn't she only just have a baby?", forgetting of course that several weeks had passed while Harry was planning the raid on Gringotts. I was half thinking that maybe she should have stayed with her kid...but then, had Voldemort won, little Teddy would have been in danger - with his werewolf and muggle blood - and having the wand of a trained albeit clumsy Auror in the battle could have made all the difference. It's still sad that they both died, but sacrifices have to be made.

5. eggbe4thechicken

:lol: Yeah, I hadn't figured it out until then. I thought it was some sort of potion to help Harry fight Voldemort. :rolleyes:
    I'd friggin' forgotten about that! :eek: That was so awesome, who knew Mrs Weasley was that great a witch, eh? Although I'll have to read that scene again, because the whole time I thought she was going to get killed, so I couldn't enjoy it. :rolleyes:

I can't wait for Harry and Ginny and Ron and Hermoine's on screen kiss though. :p

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ceindreadh Thanks for that... it makes sense now :)

7. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

I think I'm not the only one who thought about Fred and George after or while reading the book. I found this on the internet:

"According to Rowling, she knew that Fred would be the one that got killed out of
    the twins, but she doesn't exactly know the reason.[5]

George never does fully get over Fred's death. However, he does go on with his life,
    turning Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes into a "money spinner" with Ron. He also names
    his first child and son Fred."

Wikipedia article

From the interview with J.K. Rowling:

Camille: How is George getting along without his twin?

J.K. Rowling: Well, I don’t think that George would ever get over losing Fred, which makes me feel so sad. However, he names his first child and son Fred, and he goes on
    to have a very successful career, helped by good old Ron.

Tierney Roth: If moody got a magic eye, and wormtail got a magic hand, couldnt there
    be some way to form a magical ear, if only to cover up the hole and make george look more symmetrical?

J.K. Rowling: Yes, he could wear a false ear (I’m starting to giggle at the thought. Perhaps he’s better off with the hole!)
    interview

8. eggbe4thechicken

^ Aww man, thanks for the link. *bawls eyes out*
    It's great hearing about the little details that never made it into the books, like the description of the hufflepuff common room. :p

9. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

^^poor George...i'm still upset that she killed Fred. i was kinda hoping Percy would get it but i guess not. well, at least Percy made up with the family.

10. nuttynickyxx

nuttynickyxx Witness

well, Hugo and Rose we're Ron and Hermione's, and Victorie was Fleur and Bill's.

11. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I would have read it non-stop right the second I started until it ended, but the day after I got the book, I was going on vacation to a cottage. And, well, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing to do there. There's a lake... and well... the lake, and did I mention the lake? So I told myself I wouldn't read too much when I got it, cause I wanted something to do at the cottage.

I definitely read the last few chapters first, cause I wanted to make sure Harry, Ron or Hermione didn't die. If any one of them did, I would have cried. I didn't cry when anyone else died though. I yelled when Hedwig died actually, just cause she was so innocent and pretty. I think I almost cried when Dobby died, just cause he was so loyal to Harry and such a good friend to him. I would have cried if we saw how Lupin and Tonks died, instead of Harry walks into the Great Hall and sees them dead. That would have hit me harder.

Ah - the epilogue. Well, I thought it was nice to see what their lives were like in nineteen years. And how all of the friends still see each other. The little jokes they have and everything. I think J.R. wanted the end to be her story. I remember reading that she once said something like 'Harry and Hermione? Where did you get that idea?' I really like Harry and Hermione together, but I don't mind Ron and Hermione. I think she wanted to make sure, and make it proof that Ron and Hermione were together. That could be partly the reason for the epilogue. Also, I think she wanted to make sure the readers knew that Harry was completely normal now, his scar wasn't hurting anymore, he married Ginny and had a family. I kinda wanted to see if he became an Auror like he had always wanted to be though.

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

SPOILER ALERT: Those who do not wish to know what happens to the characters after the book ends should stop reading here.

Rowling said the world was a sunnier, happier place after the seventh book and the death of Voldemort.

Harry Potter, who always voiced a desire to become an Auror, or someone who fights dark wizards, was named head of the Auror Department under the new wizarding government headed by his friend and ally, Kingsley Shacklebolt.

His wife, Ginny Weasley, stuck with her athletic career, playing for the Holyhead Harpies, the all-female Quidditch team. Eventually, Ginny left the team to raise their three children -- James, Albus and Lily -- while writing as the senior Quidditch correspondent for the wizarding newspaper, the Daily Prophet.

Harry's best friend Ron Weasley joined his brother, George, as a partner at their successful joke shop, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Hermione Granger, Ron's wife and the third person of the series' dark wizard fighting trio, furthered the rights of subjugated creatures, such as house elves, in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures before joining the magical law enforcement squad. The couple had two children -- Rose and Hugo.

Luna Lovegood, Harry's airily distracted friend with a love for imaginary animals who joins the fight against Voldemort in the Order of the Phoenix, becomes a famous wizarding naturalist who eventually marries the grandson of Newt Scamander, author of "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them."

And what Muggle, or non-wizard, song would have been played at the funeral of Albus Dumbledore, the most brilliant and talented wizard the world had ever known?

"Surely 'I Did It My Way' by Frank Sinatra," Rowling told her fans, referring to the song "My Way," written by Paul Anka but popularized by Sinatra, among other singers.

Source : CNN.

13. csimiamiadict

csimiamiadict Hit and Run

I only cried :(twice, when Lupin & Tonks died and (coughs nervously) when Snape died...his memories were so sad! :( I was like OMG! He loved her it makes so much sense now! (plus I have a tiny crush on his charater) :D
    I absoultly loved the radio station!I also laughed so hard when George's ear got servered by Servorus.(Heh Heh,it rhymes!) :rolleyes:

When I finished it, I kinda shiveled up for a while and became a mad and moody(just like Mad-eye) The end left a big hole in my heart,like I lost a close friend...so to fill that hole,I reread all the books twice,and am writing a story about the chilldren of Harry Potter.It doesn't completly fill the hole but it put som spello tape over it :p

14. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

^i think at one point or another, you end up liking Snape. you can relate to him sometimes.

15. AlexP

AlexP Civilian

The best book of the lot, I have to say!
    The whole Snape loving Lily think was a bit of a shocker, though I suppose it does explain an awful lot.
    The book didn't quite make me cry, but I admit it was saddening at times :(