How tall are you?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by draig_goch, Apr 6, 2006.

1. drkate

drkate Corpse

i'm a about 5'7"-ish

i'm taller than most of my friends caus they're all short and i like to make fun of them! hehehe...

2. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Around 5'3. 166 or so centimetres.

3. freakygirl

freakygirl Dead on Arrival

I am 5'10

4. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

Im 5 feet 2 inches, i wish i was taller like 5'4 or 5'5....but i think im done growing

5. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

I think you guys who're 5'1" and below are still growing so no worries. As for me, I'm waaaayyy past that phase. Wow ziggy I wonder how you umm...kiss your boyfriend if he's 6'4"???

6. Guest

Guest Guest

im 5'2"-ish, and i really hope im going to get a bit taller. They do say that you dont really stop growing until 21(thats what i've been told) so hopefully i've got at least an inch or more *fingers crossed* left to go. :)

7. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

I'm a 6' female....don't mess with me. :D :lol:

8. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

YEAH CHENO!!! My big idol is her slightly taller Wicked counterpart, Idina Menzel, but Cheno is totally up there.

9. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

5'1 hence my nickname "Shrimpy" lol

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

5'5 1/2 Thing is most people hear the "half" part and say so then your 5'6?" :lol: If I was 5'6 then I would say that but if it makes them happy to round it off fine. :p

11. Guest

Guest Guest

- Why is being short for a Canadian a scary thing?
    - I've heard that too.
    - I'm 20 years old and I'm 4'8". I'm done growin, but you still have some years left. Hey think of it this way ziggystarduzt, when you drive, you get to sit on nice cosy pillows! LOL. (that is if you don't have an adustable seats/petals) And can fit into spaces most others can't. And when your 40 people will think your younger than you are.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Actually I heard this one report (along time ago) that said that there really is no certain age that a person stops growing.

Seriously it was always believed that when you hit a certain age then thats it, all is stopped, but later (and I don't know how they figured it) they said that its not true.

Which could explain why I was 5'4 until I was 21 and then hit 5'5 1/2 by the time I was 25. It wasn't due to weight loss cause I was already slender.

Which also is another thing that comes into play when it comes to height is weight, if you are slim then not so much, but if you are over weight it is said that if you lose the weight you may notice yourself becoming slightly taller.

I don't haven't kept up with it, I figure at 32 if I am still growing then lol hey why not right, but if not then its not something I am going to worry about. :)

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

you stop growing when the growth plates in your long bones disappear. when my brother had knee surgery at 15 the x-rays showed the cartilage in his leg bones was gone (thats what allows the bone to grow) lets just say he was not happy to learn at 15 he was at the height hed be for the rest of his life :lol: hes still 5'11" i think, cuz hes about an inch taller than me. i havent noticably grown since grade 9 (5 years ago) but who knows. im just glad i tower over my momma :D

14. Guest

Guest Guest

- So maybe I should gain weight and then drop the pounds. :lol:

15. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

I'm 1,60 cm...