How Much is Gas Where you Live?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokey, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

My dad definately gets more to the gallon compared to my mums unleaded... he only drives a hatchback.. Seat Toledo which is same size as a Passat. But in the long run it does save him money he tops up like every 2 weeks.

2. 419

419 Victim

It's about $3.09 a gallon. I fear the cost is headed up, though.

3. mitzi962000

mitzi962000 CSI Level Two

here in wales (uk) in the tesco garage at the edge of town, its 1 pounds and 6 pence a litre for unleaded and 1 pound and 10 pence a litre for Diesel, thats the cheapest ive seen for our area, sorry got know idea what it is in dollars as my maths is awful:confused: (also sorry my pound sign dont work:lol:)

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here in "Glitter Gulch" it's horrible, regular $3.29..regular preminum $3.49.. preminum $3.69:scream:thank goodness, I've got a ecomony car so I get the lowest, but it takes $15.00 to fill it up, as before when prices were lower and decent it was $8.00:klingon:

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I read in the paper the other day that six years ago here in the US it was $1.15 a gallon. It's amazing how they get us thinking that $2 is crazy one minute and then it's $3 and we think $2 would be a steal. Now at $3.45 I think $3 would be a steal.

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I think that's what the gas companies are doing, their ulterior motive...we're paying so much now that when they reduce the price to $3 a gallon, we'll all be rejoycing at the cheap price of gas!

I live in San Antonio, Texas and I paid $3.11 when I filled up this week.

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Here it's $1.13.9 Cdn per liter (that's 113.9 cents). I'm far to lazy and mathematically impaired to make a conversion to gallons :p

8. vexus

vexus Pathologist

I filled up my gas tank today and it was $3.14 a gallon. I live in Georgia.

9. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

I would be happy to pay $3.11, Here in Washington State I just filled up and it was $3.65 per gallon for the cheep stuff. Good thing I live only 9 blocks from work and can walk most days. I only have to fill up about once a month. I remember when the gas price was $0.99 per gallon when I first started driving. I also remember then my parents used to buy gas for $0.56 per gallon, that was along time ago though. (now I just dated myself, shame on me:eek:)

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Here in Orlando, FL, I filled up last week and it was $3.15, today when I drove by the gas station it was $3.24 a gallon. Luckily I live close to work so I can go two weeks on a tank which is good, because most people here have a longer commute.

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Gorda: Home of $5.20-A-Gallon Gasoline
    Mar 14, 10:20 PM (ET)

GORDA, Calif. (AP) - Try not to run low on gas in the tiny Big Sur town of Gorda, where a gallon of unleaded regular costs $5.20. And it's $5.40 a gallon for premium.

Amerigo Gas Station employee James Willman says at least once a day he gets an earful from motorists who pull into Gorda, which is about 35 miles north of Cambria on scenic Highway 1.

Willman says "they say all kinds of stuff - 'You ought to be shot,' or 'Where's your mask?'"

The good-humored Willman usually responds, "Hey, I just work here."

Many potential customers slow down, look at the price, then keep on rolling.

Station manager Leo Flores says the high price reflects the cost of bringing fuel to the town's remote location as well as its reliance on a diesel generator for all of its power.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Eeeshk that sucks.
    I live outside the KC area in Missouri, yes Misery, & it's $3.15/gal here!:)

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yep, I did get my prices wrong though. I checked when we went past the petrol station today and it was £1.06 per litre for unleaded 95 and £1.15 per litre for diesel. :eek: In the UK around 55% of the price is tax imposed by the government.

Jennifer, please resize your signature banner. The allowed size for signature banners is no larger than 220 x 75 pixels and you can have an image in your signature or text but not both. Please see this announcement for further clarification.

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

We just got increase with the tax... of course it depends on price, lower price the higher tax% is. At the moment for that 1.42 95E is about 63%

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

In GA. I think it $3.15 or something. I think it stupid the people have to paid their price. They make billions of dollars all over 50 States, probably in Cananda, they don't need that much money, Gas and Oil company are greedy people, they need more money.