How Many Seasons Do You Feel CSI:Miami Has Left In It?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I'd actually watch that. At least you know Frank and Ryan would be finally getting some screen time!

2. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I want a CSIM spinoff in which Ryan quits and moves to Hawaii or San Francisco and heads his own forensics lab. He takes Natalia and Frank with him.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

And Dave, Valera and Travers. :lol:

4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Sounds like a good show to me.

5. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Oh, and while you're at it, bring back Tyler and Rick Stetler (I'd love to see HIM and Frank butt heads a few times!) Get some decent writers, and I'll watch that!

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I think CSI:Miami will probably end in season 9 or 10.This season hasn't been so great so far and the ratings have really slipped this season despite the huge lead in from TBBT.
    I hope next season with Delko's return things will get better for the show.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I doubt there will be a huge surge in the ratings because Delko returns.With the exception of one episode,the Delko episodes ratings aren't really any different than the others. Any show that age is going to see some decline in viewership. Age,along with the writing/stories as well as the changing habits of viewers cause changes in the ratings.

8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I have to agree. I think at this point the only people who are really getting excited about S9 are the really hardcore Miami fans, and the hardcore E/C fans. It's gotten to the point that I'll only tape if there's a character I like.

9. Grissom rules

I didn't mean that with Delko the ratings will be higher compared to this year.
    I hope that with Delko rejoining the lab the stories will get better.

The bad thing on this one is ...less time for Ryan,Natalia and Frank

10. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, I don't think that ratings will go higher because of Delko - hoping for this though.
    I also don't think that Eric's return will have anything to do with Natalia's or Ryan's screentime. eric was hardly ever this season and we all know how it was with a screentime of Natalia. There was quite a lot of Ryan, not as much as Jesse though. We shouldn't blame Eddie for this though, but writers. IN CSI they manage to make episodes which include some action from labrats, everyone has a chance to shine from time to time - one of my favourite episodes - when Hodges had his 'lucky day',we need something like this in CSIMiami.Some humour, some good stories, nothing recycled as it is now. As much as I love Eric and Cal, why do they have to be put in danger again...

11. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree that Eric's absence didn't help at all to increase Natalia or Frank's screen time. Ryan's presence wasn't necessarily increased/decreased, but the character assassination this season for that character has been unbearable!

I also don't belive that Delko's return is going to help the ratings come back. I think some fans are really frustrated at this point and a lot of them have simply moved on. Delko's return signals a return to the same tired old stories rather than the promise of moving forward with new stories and new characters with fresh potential - or even giving the characters who've been pushed into the background for the past 4 years a chance to show us something new and fresh.

A lot of fans were hoping that TPTB really meant it when they said they were getting back to basics with season 8. And the start of the season looked promising. This season, for me, has been the best season in 3 years. But I fear with Delko's return it might be my last. The frustration of watching the show focus on one story that centers on two characters is becoming a little too much to stomach.

I'm one who has switched to Castle in real time and CSI Miami on DVR. I read the reviews and then decide whether it's a waste of my time watching CSI Miami. If it's a Calleigh centric episode, or an E/C centric episode, it's deleted unwatched. I'm just done with that crap. :(

12. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I personally feel that the show is coming to a close, and that it may only have a couple of seasons left. But thinking about how much money this show must bring it, they'll probably drag it out for as long as they possibly can. I think that they will do it until the day that they're "kicked out". With regards to next season, I have to agree that the ratings will not go up solely because of Adam's return. The only way the ratings will go up, is if there is a dramatic change in writing. Once that happens it'll be soaring once again. In fact, adding Adam to the cast again will mean a decrease in the roles of Natalia, Frank and Ryan. They are already getting limited screen time, and when Adam returns, they will have to give a bunch of screen time to him, because many (not all) fans like him. IMO, that will mean that Adam will probably get his own screentime back and Jesse will get the amount of screentime that Ryan got in season 6/7, well before Jesse came on. So then our Frank/Natalia/Ryan will get put to the backburner. Now, don't get me wrong, I do not WANT this to happen, I just predict that this MIGHT happen from what I've seen from the writers this season and previous seasons. I hope though that I am terribly wrong. And by hope I mean praying. :scream:

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

honestly i can't imagine my life without show ( omg :O )
    but i really wanna see more character changes and more interesting plots before it ends.
    it'd be really good if they could make a big story about Ryan and get him more screen time. :)
    i don't know anything about ratings but i don't care i'm going to watch show anyways.
    i wanna see more Ryan and Natalia :devil:
    and i really wanna see at least twice seasons as now ( that means smth about 20 ) :hugegrin:

14. Grissom rules

I think everyone wants more screentime for Ryan and Natalia except the writers of the show.

20 seasons?I'd like that too,but unfortunately it's never going to happen.:(

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Me neither.
    In all honesty I think that his presence was becoming more of a problem than anything else during s7 especially when he kept scewing up without facing any real consequences while the other were always punished.

In my opinion also what happened with Adam Rodriguez's contract hasn't helped the situation at all. First I will always consider it an unprofessional action both from Adam and the production. Second, I certainly don't think that Adam's character and acting were saving the show. If I had to be truely honest, I'd say that, at least in my honest opinion, that along with all Eric's storylines were destroying the show.
    Fortunately at the beginning of this last season he left the show and I was hoping this was gonna solve everything.......that was solving everything.
    All the interaction among the characters came to an almost perfection whenever he wasn't around (I'll never stop saying the show was reaching the perfection in these terms during 8x04), but then he came back for whatever he had to do and the storylines were always the same.....the only function of the guy was that he was the toyboy ehm boyfriend of Calleigh, nothing else.

What Adam Rodriguez came back for? I really can't find any other logical reasong than dragging his romance storyline as they've been doing in these last 4 years :rolleyes:.

Nope, his return ain't gonna solve anything....it's only going to worsen the situation :shifty: