How many non-US peeps here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bit behind here :lol: (Just haven't been posting here for..erm few months)

So umm... you find me moderating Misc and I come from strange and small country called Finland :p

As for CSINY, we saw season 3 last autumn and I guess.. I don't know. It used to get original CSI's timeslot for two seasons (Wed 9pm) but season 3 was shown on Sunday at 22:30 - I guess it returns either on summertime or next autumn. Bit confusing all the CSIs going on there - one shows reruns of CSIM and other original, 2 eppys per night during the week.

As for DVD.. I haven't even checked what Nordic Release has (I mean release of Scandinavia and Finland) - I hope it has some extras (unlike Miami s1 :rolleyes: )

Well, Harry Potter is definitely British and still there was a much longer HBP preview special on the US version of OotP

Like someone else said I think it is probably something to do with the fact that the fanbase and amount of sales in ratio to (eg) the UKs fan base and sales. I mean...how many United Kingdoms can you fit into the US :lol:

Hey Ducky, it's nice to have you over here and if I've done my list right your the first from Finland :D

That reminds me....

Argentina
Ghawazee

Austrailia
tiara4Carmine

Austria
Clairelangley

Belgium
_Hush_

Brazil
owlki

Bulgaria
Phobia

Canada
dl_shipper34
flacksgirl7
WhosLaughingNow
catey1234
Elwood21
CSI_in_training
DuCaineluver93
buddrick
Nick_Wolfe_Danny
Flackie_boo
CSINUMIA000
Snowbird
luvingmyHoratio
Lampdor
fxcanadian
Crank
Shevonne
JulieAnn

Chile, South America
Ruth

China
Jimhaung

Cyprus
athens

France
celtess
Joaninah

Finland
DaWacko

Germany
LivingEnd
StellaFan
CSI_NY_Addict
Lonia
Britta
BlueDemon
Jay1987
Teardrop

Hungary
Cathwarfan
Cimponelli

Indonesia
gue_nih

Ireland
Ceindreadh
Stardust1989

Italy
Orison
Cecily

Kuwait
miami85 (soon moving to Barcelona ;))

Malaysia
Kimmychu
DAnNSfreak
sHiNNizLe
Gaelen (Currently in Namibia, AKA Messermonroe;))
tinieyhasbi

Netherlands
dutch_treat
Marns
Jodi
CSISenna
Jools
Carmine_lover
4blueeyez

New Zealand
kiwifan
magicmunchies
Hannah
melbel
Kiwi_girl
NZGirly

Norway
CSI_Andersen
Kinehelene

Portugal
CSI_Dani

Romania
Lorelai
miss_blue

Sebia
milena

Singapore
Lessien_Tinuviel
spikegal

Slovakia
Carolina

South Africa
Althea
Carmeena

Spain
Poison girl (PG)
lunadeagosto
Hormiga
Rtelgeuse
vas NYPD

Sweden
NinaM
SvartaBaskern
Distraction

Switzerland
CSIAnnStokes

The Philippines
chaostheory08
mulder8scully5
peewee_sal
ranma
Cara1090
Mandy9578

UK
nattybatty55
Kat1974
silencer
Twinkletoes
jendai
Fruitbat (FB)
Bella363
gypsy
Joolz
Dawni
bumble_bee89
faith666
Macslady
Elsie
LeanneUK
Msgirl
Newyorklover
Gaby
grssom89
Danistheman
HC_4_my_birthday
Thegluups
AliGtr
CalleighD
Tequesta (Orkney Isles)
Shady
Aiden_Burn
Stella_Taylor
Aconnell
Seren y Gogledd
Alexis_taylor
hairy0haggis
HoratioFan4ever
Sammie
xxmaybe (moving to Canada soon)
ryansnuttytart
Aphina
Ali57
Adorable_Crazy
SomethinSomethin

Venezuela
CalleighWolfe

Total= 131

Edited because I cant spell...thanks ducky :D

nattybatty55 said:

Hey Ducky, it's nice to have you over here and if I've done my list right your the first from Finland :D

I feel special now :p I just wonder where on earth are all the Finnish fans. I've seen one here, but... I guess Finns are not very messageboard-like people when it comes to TV shows.

I didn't read this all thru, but how many of you are on European CSI board? ....of course it's pretty dead now.

Ps. there's a typos in Slovakia :p

Like someone else said I think it is probably something to do with the fact that the fanbase and amount of sales in ratio to (eg) the UKs fan base and sales. I mean...how many United Kingdoms can you fit into the US
A million and two. :lol: But yeah, I think it does have to do with with production costs. Either that or Americans are harder to convince to buy DVDs unless there's something they get that no one else does. :rolleyes:

Ducky you're from Suomi? :D Which part? I used to have a few Finnish friends when I did my IB.

Gaelen said:
Ducky you're from Suomi? :D Which part? I used to have a few Finnish friends when I did my IB.

Originally from wonderful region of Osthrobothnia! (...ok there's four different ones but don't want to give too much details :p ..central Finland, west coast) tho I now spend time around the Arctic Circle because studying in University of Lapland.

As for the shows... is there any other country that goes with subtitles? I know Sweden does :p and Norway..and probably Denmark (oh how awful it would be to see Danny speaning Danish!) but what about rest of the Europe? Or erm... outside Europe, non-US and non-English speaking countries?

Ah and all this makes me want to listen the radio ad of CSI NY had back in the days when it first started here :lol: Wonderful, wonderful clip :lol: :lol:

^Do they actually dub CSI:NY? Goodness, I can't imagine Danny without his Staten Island accent at all! I mean, maybe they can find someone that can speak their language but with a Staten Island accent? :lol:

Seriously though...I cannot stand dubbed shows. I'd go for subtitles any day.

Well in Romania the show is subtitled. But the translation..sometimes I just want to scream out loud "HE DIDN'T SAY THAT" they change a lot the meaning of what they are saying, and usually they are translating half of what a character is saying. For someone who can speak English this isn't a problem, but what about the people who have no clue..that may change the perspective of the show.

And a big NO-NO from me to the dubbed option. I cannot imagine Danny's lines spoken by someone in Romanian. I would probably cover my ears..or just never watch it again. It's the English version that works for me. :)

Ducky said:
is there any other country that goes with subtitles?
The Netherlands have subtitles too...
Liffy asked:
Do they actually dub CSI:NY?
Well I believe they do that in Germany too...I caught a glimpse of that once, but I can't stand it - it's just not the same show anymore... :rolleyes:
miss_blue said:
Well in Romania the show is subtitled. But the translation..sometimes I just want to scream out loud "HE DIDN'T SAY THAT"
And unfortunately the subtitles here are just as bad...there are mistakes, they leave out bits or some expression is just translated literally and thus doesn't make any sense at all anymore. :mad:

So I really prefer my dub/sub-free version

Our subtitles are awful, my friend puts them on the Tv sometimes when he's trying to do something, and I'm reading them, thinking what the hell?

^Seriously though, I have never seen a show that's been subtitled well. The only subtitled shows I watch are those in languages I don't understand so naturally I've got no clue if they're accurate or not.

Is it that hard to subtitle shows? Dubbing is even worse. I'm still trying to imagine the cast without the voices and accents we've become so used to.

Yeah, back in the days of Analogue Satellite I used to watch some of the dubbed shows (The X Files, for example) on the German channels. Can you imagine Fox Mulder with a German accent? Yikes, the thought of Mac sounding like anyone other than Mac... OUCH. :(

I voted for Flack way back but just posted now. :lol:

Gaelen said:
^Urgh, I get so angry at the stupid regions and region locked machines. Sure, it's good for anti-piracy reasons but they seem to have forgotten that people do actually travel and move to different countries :mad:

That's why I love my DVD player, it's multi-region. :D

As for the special features, I think every region should have the same special features. It seems unfair that Region 2 DVDs get the short end of the deal. That really sucks.

I'd rather watch the show with subtitles than to have it dubbed. I love watching foreign films and I'd rather have it subtitled in English than to have it dubbed. I've watched some shows dubbed in Japanese and Spanish and they sound funny to me and I find it really annoying that the lip movements aren't in synch with the dubbing sometimes. Well that's just me. :p

In here all the series are dubbed, but as some others said before sometimes you just want to scream to the screen "He din't said that!!"

I've found quite big mistakes lately, and some scenes aren't the same, so I rather watch it original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back