How many non-US peeps here?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kat1974, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ The set of CSI: NY is actually in LA. They only go to NY a few times to shoot some scenes in the city.

But this is a great topic for the non-US thread.

How many people here have actually been to the USA and what cities/states did you visit?

I've been to NYC twice. And a couple of years ago my best friend and I went to USA for 5 weeks, we rented a car and drove through California, Utah, Nevada and Arizona. We visited all the well-known cities (LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas, etc.), the national parks (Grand Canyon, Yosemite, etc.) and the amusement parks (Universal Studios, Disney, etc.) - Best holiday I've ever had!

2. NZGirly

NZGirly Police Officer

Really!!?? LA!! What wee cheats! I knew Vegas was done in LA but I didn't know New York was either! lol

WOW!! That sounded like so much fuN!! That would be my ideal holiday!

3. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^^They are all filmed in LA even some of the field work is done there. I saw this thing about a miami episode once (I think it's the one where there is a bomb where someone is making fake bank notes- or something :lol:) and it showed you how they had to change the landscape using some type of software to get rid of mountains any stuff! It was really interesting but made me laugh :p

Wow Sandra that sounds amazing! I have only ever been to the US when I went Disney land but it was quite a few years ago :D I would love to go to the studios in LA to see the sets but I think i'd prefer to go and see the City it's self :D But Sandra I would love to travel around like you did that sounds great!!

4. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I've been to the US quite a few times due to the fact that I have quite a bit of family and family Friends down there. I've been to Texas, Massachusetts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New Jersey and of course been all over NY including NYC. I actually live about an hour from the NY border :lol:. If all goes well next year I'll be going to school in NYC or Jersey. *crosses fingers* :D

Ooooo and I have a NYC story that reminds me of CSI! :lol:. Anyways half my family lives in NYC and out of them half live in Manhattan and the other half live in like the sketchy part of town. Anyways I was staying for a bit in the sketch part w/ my cousins inside their place when suddenly:

*gunshots*
    Me: What was that?
    My cousin: Someone must have gotten shot... wanna go check it out?
    Me: No.
    My cousin: You sure?
    Me: Yeah, I'm positive.

5. alexis_taylor

alexis_taylor Dead on Arrival

I'm from Southampton, UK!

Eagerly waiting for work to finish at 9pm and then i'll rush home for the start of Season 4! Four hours and counting!

6. CSIAnnStokes

CSIAnnStokes Witness

I would've went to see that ;)

I've got family friends in the US, too. My mom's boyfriend lives in Woodstock and some other friends live e.g. in Seattle and L.A. I'm trying to convice my mom to marry her boyfriend, because then we would move to NY and I'd go to school there (the teachers here suck!)

7. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

As part of my university degree, I studied in the US (Ohio) for 9 months which was an amazing opportunity to live overseas. But I would love to go back on holiday, I think New York would be my first choice ;)

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, let's try to keep this at least marginally on the topic of CSI: NY! ;) Thank you! :)

What eps/seasons are currently airing in your respective countries right now? I always find it so interesting that around the world, the show is airing different seasons--one country can be seeing second season for the first time while another is just getting the fourth season.

And I also want to add that I think it's really cool that we have such a big international community here. :cool: The list natty compiled is truly impressive!

9. NZGirly

NZGirly Police Officer

CSI:NY season 4 is coming out in Feb sometime. SO not long to wait now!!! :D :D

10. Lonia

Lonia Witness

Here in Germany season 3 is shown. On Monday we will see "The Ride in" (episode 3x17)

11. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

We saw in Spain The ride on last monday after stopping two weeks because Christmas. Maybe in february we'll start with season 4 by satellite (AXN channel)

12. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Well I believe RTL4 has been broadcasting some season 4 episodes in the Netherlands (don't know how many they've showed thus far), but apparently they stopped that already because according to my TV guide this wednesday is a re-run of 1x16 'Hush'

It was absolutely amazing travelling around like that. And I did see a bit of LA (we stayed there a couple of days because that's were we started and ended), but if I ever go there again I will try to see some TV-shows/movie sets...

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Welcome alexis_taylor to the non US section :D

Top, I am just glad that I decided to start the list early on and I agree it is a great list. I think it's great to see where people on the board live and how widely spread CSI is :)

14. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Next wed local channel is showing ep 20 of S3. It takes them ages to show a full season because it airs on a Wed, but only if there isn't a soccer match being broadcast. Also, for some reason they've started rerunning S2 late on a Sunday night. To add to the confusion, in their original run of S2, they didn't air Heroes or Charge of this post, instead holding them back for over 6 months to air over Christmas. Crazy, I know. I used to email them and complain whenever they screwed with the schedules, but eventually I got fed up with with it. Luckily the DVD's got released so I didn't have to rely on them.

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Here in Asia we're getting Season 3 reruns on weekdays, (Mondays-Fridays), three times a day on AXN. Then on Sundays, we have CSI Supreme Sunday, currently airing Season 2 reruns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.