How many non-US peeps here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dutch_treat said:
I have a question about the CSI books: Do those of you who watch the show in English like reading the books in your own language. I bought one once and I stopped reading because everybody 'sounded' odd in Dutch? :rolleyes:

I totally understand. I haven't read a book in Italian (well, besides school books) in years, CSI books included. ;)

I have a question about the books who writes them what are the titles I'd like to get my hand on them but don't know where to start? And for those of you who have read it is it any good? ;)

^^ The first CSI NY book is called Dead of Winter the second one is Blood on the Sun and the third one is Deluge. They were all written by Stuart M. Kaminsky.

I've just read the first 2 books but I really liked them. I personal liked the second one better than the first, But the first was good too. I have yet to read the 3rd book. They're really good if you want something of a quick read. :)

Thanks a lot for the info WhosLaughingNow its a huge help I hope I can find them around here. :D It sounds perfect for a summer read on the beach :)

I've had a few bad experiences with on-line purchases (still waiting a mug, two books and my flaming new mp3), so I rather drive and buy than paying for something may never be delivered.

I usually stick to the well known sites, Amazon, play, cd-wow for my online stuff, and (knock on wood), i've never had any problems. Some bits and pieces get delayed occasionally, but they usually show up sooner or later.
But then, I don't make any really big purchases online.

^^ I've had some major delays on products down here I have waited weeekkkksss for box sets to arrive and once it gets here (eventually :mad:) I watch it finish in like a weekend :lol:

WhosLaughingNow
Here, on Spain, we're still waiting for Blood on the Sun and Deluge. If they don't come out on bookstores this year, I'll buy them next summer when I come to NY.
By the way, I've already read the first book and I... well, it's far from being one of the "big" readings of my life, but I've to say that I really enjoyed it. It's allways good reading about our favourite CSI team. And as you have said, it did was a quick read.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

All 3 books are already out here in Germany but I read them all in english because I didn't like the german translation.

You're on :D

Ok well I just got to say GOOD LUCK ENGLAND even though we are 3-2 down!!!!!!! Come on lads *Natsky jogs out biting nails and singing 'Come on England....'*

I decided to comment on Dutch's books topic.

As for NY books, I check the local book shops regularly for new CSI books but I havent seen any from NY yet. Neither in Portuguese or English. Yet again, I dont live in any of the big cities that maybe could have it in the original version.

But, as far as LV books are concerned, and as it just applies, although I enjoyed them, they all did sound super weird to me. They just don't sound them, you're used to the original and in english and then you change it to book version+(in my case) portuguese words and expressions and it couldn't get any stranger :rolleyes:

I actually did not buy the based on Bones book the other day, translated as well, because of that reason, although I still have to do some research and see how they are written alike.

Still it would be really much apreciated if they did translate the other books. I would buy ;)

An extreme offtopic post here!!!

Oh... F$%^ B%£@&*^ S&*@ F&@£$ C%$" C^&@@ F££$%!!!!!!

I am so glad no Croations are on my NonUS list because Im really miffed about the final result 3-2 to Croatia!!!! I am a really proud Brit and am extremly patriotic so I am so P!$$£@ that we lost :mad: what am I meant to do next year in the Euro Champ!!!! Im glad Beckhams back (in my opinion he was the main part of goal 2!! Even though 'Lanky legs' scored)in the team but I want him come back from the US and play proper footie not 'Soccer'- What is Soccer anyway??? Ok i'm off to watch the highlights to dampen my spirits even more!!!!!

*Through gritted teeth* But because i'm not a sore loser- Well done Croatia!!!

I tried to watch it gave up because it got to the point of we will either make a miracle recovery or just mess it all up... the latter happened.

I'm surprised to say the least i'm intrieged to what the other big teams will be thinking now cos england would have been a big bet for it if we were in with the chance.

Ahhh well us english football is always a weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back