House#2: 'More Addictive Then Vicodin!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: House # 2

Well done to House for winning the 2008 People's Choice Awards for favourite TV Drama

^^ ooh thank you for posting that info, i missed that yesterday...

mandy thanks for those info too! ;) *hugs ya hun*

three weeks till new episode and i'm not that psyched about it any more :( i'm with Wyoming, i kinda like DVD reruns :p something is just icky with the new eppies... idk *shrugs*

Hmmmm that 2008 PCA is probably four season three....with the GOOD episodes lol. Congrats to them though, that's amazing!

Wilson dates a new girlfriend that's no other than Cut Throat Bitch.

Does the fact that Mandy's information wasn't in spoiler boxes originally mean it's just the episode description? If so, would someone please let me know so I can go ahead and read them? I'm going spoiler free this season, but I don't consider anything released by the network to be a spoiler (i.e., pictures, descriptions, guest stars). Thanks in advance. ;)

Although I've been wishing for a while that they would just air the remaining episodes already, I would rather they air them in the regular timeslots, instead of two in one week. Oh well, at least we're getting them.

Btw Wyoming, I agree, this season hasn't been as good as seasons past (I was watching a season two rerun last night and was amazed at how far they'd distanced themselves from the glory days back then) but I wouldn't want them to get rid of the new duckies because 1. That would make the storyline even MORE annoying, since it would be all for nothing, and 2. It's not realistic. The ducklings would have moved on by now in real medical careers, and one thing that drew me to this show to begin with was its honesty. But that's just me.

LibertyBell said:
Does the fact that Mandy's information wasn't in spoiler boxes originally mean it's just the episode description? If so, would someone please let me know so I can go ahead and read them? I'm going spoiler free this season, but I don't consider anything released by the network to be a spoiler (i.e., pictures, descriptions, guest stars). Thanks in advance. ;)
Spoiler boxes contain descriptions and guest stars but they also can contain spoilers about what happens in the episodes. For example character deaths, etc. that you won't necessarily read in the descriptions. So if you haven't seen an episode and don't want to be spoiled, I'd suggest you stay away from the boxes. Just incase. ;)

LibertyBell, you're pretty sure reading Mandy's post, it's just a brief summary and guest stars. But don't read mine if you want to remain spoiler free. ;)

I think the best seasons were the 2 first ones.

Hey mj, you're welcome. ;) *hugs back*

Liberty, yes, those which our modie kindly put in spoiler boxes are just episode descriptions with the guest stars for those particular episodes. :)

Anyway, I can't wait for January 29 to arrive so I can finally satisfy my House fix. :lol:

Sorry for double posting but here is the spoiler for Episode 4x12 from Futon Critic:

HOUSE TREATS A NEWLY-CONVERTED HASIDIC JEWISH WOMAN AFTER SHE COLLAPSES AT HER OWN WEDDING ON "HOUSE" TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, ON FOX House and the team encounter a woman admitted to Princeton-Plainsboro after she collapsed at her wedding. Her test results come up negative for a variety of common diseases, which leads the team to suspect foul play. When they discover the woman had been a music producer living in the fast lane until she converted to Hasidic Judaism, House insists that people do not change so easily, and that her seemingly rash decision may have something to do with an underlying condition. The woman's husband insists that House treat his wife for her illness, rather than for her past, but she continues to fall dangerously ill. The team must run through all possible diagnoses without disturbing her newly found religious beliefs before it is too late. Meanwhile, House is preoccupied by Wilson's newly-outed relationship with a woman whose personality is remarkably similar to House's in the "Don't Ever Change" episode of HOUSE airing Tuesday, Feb. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/ PT) on FOX. (HOU-412) (TV-14 L) Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Kal Penn as Dr. Lawrence Kutner; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen Guest Cast: Laura Silverman as Roz; Eyal Podell as Yonatan; Faye DeWitt as Mrs. Silver; Karen Strassman as Female Guest #1; Heather Sher as Female Guest #2; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse.

mandy9578 said:
Liberty, yes, those which our modie kindly put in spoiler boxes are just episode descriptions with the guest stars for those particular episodes. :)

Thanks, I read it and it was totally fine, in no way a spoiler. Spoilers, in my mind at least, are things that ruin the plot. A three line episode description is the plot, and it's kind of impossible for the plot to ruin the plot, dontcha think? :lol: Oh well, doesn't matter now. Problem solved. ;)

I'm staying away from 4x12 though, that looks like a big one.

Hormiga, I agree. Seasons 1 and 2 were really good, but after that the show kinda lost something. Maybe it was how they just went on like the Tritter arc never happened after it had been wrapped up, maybe it was how they let the drama take over more than it should have...idk, there was just something different about season three.

Aaaah, I just finished watching It's A Wonderful Lie and I've got to say I've got mixed feelings about it. I'm vacillating between loving it and hating it.

It feels really weird watching a Christmas episode at the end of January. TPTB seems to be following the Julian calendar for this season! :lol: I loved it because we got to see and hear House sing a Christmas carol, beautifully I might add. (Hugh Laurie's singing voice is amazing). Plus, House was up to his usual mind games with the whole Secret Santa thingy.

I hated it because we got to see Cuddy only for less than a minute. Also, because Thirteen is starting to really get annoying. She's such a Cameron clone. WTF? It gets boring after a while. Well, that's just me. :p

I really enjoyed the epsiode. Lots of subtlety running through it, especially the daughter not telling her mother that she loved her too - therefore showing House that her last piece of mind-blowing honesty, where she told her mother the bare facts about her dying, was not as mindblowing as he had originially thought because the daughter obviously didn't care for her mother as much as House thought she did. Phew all in one breath too - chuckle.

I live for the House and Wilson scenes, especially since the beginning of this season Wilson has become more of a pro-active friend than just an enabler and also that he seems to be playing House at his own game too. I laughed out loud at the scene where House asks "Where are we going?" and Wilson replies "Nowwhere, I just know that it hurts you"

And the hat scene had me in fits of laughter. The look on RSL's face, the jiggle with the antler and Hugh trying to keep a straight face was absolutely priceless. :lol:

I wish they'd force Foreman back to incidental character and use Chase a lot more. I can;t stand Foremean, never have. Not since he stuck Cameron with that needle that had that deadly virus in it. Not the fact that it was Cameron, that was the good stuff, it was the fact that he did it.

Don't care at all for Thirteen/Huntington's, not since the nasty look she gave Amber and her obvious similarities to the equally heinous Cameron. Ugh!!! I'm not that keen on Taub either. Nothing he's done, par se, I just don't like the character. I would have loved to have seen the 'fake' Doc stick around. I think House would have felt the need to fight for Wilson's attention - chuckle.

However, I do like Kutner. He seriously reminds me of early Xander from Buffy, (the character, not the actor), and I love the way that he is just being himself, even down to the reason why he bought House a christmas present. He managed to inadvertently get House's game rolling by doing that and also got the other two soooo worried that he'd got one over them, (because that's the only motivation they would have had for getting House a pressie and of course so it had to be Kutner's motivation), which forced them to buy House a pressie :lol:

I am very happy that 'House' is back and that the writing is as strong as ever. Could do with a few more Cuddy scenes, and the demotion of Foreman and promotion of Chase, and a scene where Thirteen/Huntington and Cameron get their jsut desserts, but other than those trivvial things, I really enjoyed it.

I have to say though I am seriously not looking forward to a portion of "Frozen", because I know who Wilson's girlfriend is and I gagged.

:)

I really am glad that House is back on, but the lack of Cuddy scenes is kind of a bummer. I think she's one of the best parts of the show. I really like the new team, though. I thought Kutner was really funny and I really like Thirteen. Those two are definitely the better two out of the three Although, she is a lot like Cameron which is a little weird. I like the fact that Kutner is more of a suck up to House. That makes things a little more interesting than having Cameron do it. Taub just really bugs me... don't know why. I haven't quite put my finger on it yet.

The House and Wilson scenes were awesome... as always. Those two are just hilarious. And I'm really starting to enjoy the House and Foreman scenes just because Foreman is bugging me a lot this season and House just gives it right back to him.

As much as I love the new team, I'm really missing the old one. Cameron and Chase need more than just cameo roles. And let's face it, the show just isn't the same without them. I almost wish that the writers could figure out a way for the new team and the old team to work together.

Della said:
I live for the House and Wilson scenes, especially since the beginning of this season Wilson has become more of a pro-active friend than just an enabler and also that he seems to be playing House at his own game too. I laughed out loud at the scene where House asks "Where are we going?" and Wilson replies "Nowwhere, I just know that it hurts you"

And the hat scene had me in fits of laughter. The look on RSL's face, the jiggle with the antler and Hugh trying to keep a straight face was absolutely priceless. :lol:

I always love the House/Wilson interaction. I agree that this season, Wilson seems to be playing House at his own games. He's giving as good as he gets. I particularly loved it when he held House's electric guitar hostage. That was such a riot. :lol:

As for the scene where Wilson was playing with the moose hat, that was sooo funny.

Smilliee, I agree that the lack of Cuddy scenes was such a bummer. Definitely, Cuddy is one of the best parts of the show and her missing in It's A Wonderful Lie was particularly painful. :lol:

Don't even get me started on Huntington's. I don't like her. She just gets to me. Cameron clone that she is, she doesn't bring anything new to the table. I'd rather have Amber any day since she made things more interesting, refreshing, and she's not apologetic for the way she is. :lol:

smiliee said:
Taub just really bugs me... don't know why. I haven't quite put my finger on it yet.

Me too! And that bugs me even more because I hate hating people without a reason. :rolleyes:

I thought the episode was okay, but the similarities between the new team and the old team were never more prominent in my mind than they were here. Maybe it's because House finally narrowed it down to three, but regardless, I could see it and I didn't like it. Unlike most of you, I don't dislike Cameron 2.0, I mean, Thirteen, because she's a Cameron clone and Cam's annoying. I actually love Cameron, what I hate about Thirteen is that we didn't NEED another Cameron, I liked the one we had. But that's more something to take up with the writers....It really makes me question why we had to have a new team, if they were just going to be carbon copies of the old one.

smiliee said:
As much as I love the new team, I'm really missing the old one. Cameron and Chase need more than just cameo roles. And let's face it, the show just isn't the same without them. I almost wish that the writers could figure out a way for the new team and the old team to work together.

ITA. I had heard that we were going to get more of the old team now that the new team had been picked, but as far as I'm concerned, twelve seconds at the end where they don't even have any lines DOES NOT COUNT!!! That and the scene was so high school! The new team was scared to go talk to the old team, and they had to wave them over, say it was fine, and we can all get along, la dee da dee da....:rolleyes: Maybe TPTB had been planning to mesh the two if the season had gone on for 24 episodes, so we might see something better next year, but I don't know...for right now I'm not happy with it.

Oh, and the medical bit. I liked the girl who played the daughter, but I got a little confused at the end. The mom had breast cancer on her leg? Was that it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back