~Horatio's Thread #4 - Everybody Loves Raymond's Brother! ~

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Re: ~Horatio's Thread #4 - Everybody Loves Raymond's Brother

Thanks Pusher for the caps? Nice pics!!!!!! I'm curious who all here watches soaps? Reason I'm asking is did anyone recognize the guy in pic 11/12 that Pusher posted? Take a look again if you do.

2. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

What about it?(pic 11/12)??? I don't watch soap though...

The tires in the last Hummer pic look weird.

And now I present you Pusher the Ms. Photocaptor Award of the day! *applause* :lol:

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

*hugs Pusher* :)

I'll be here again tomorrow, so don't worry ;) I plan on watching 'Bunk' tomorrow evening, so that I can get here afterwards and post my opinion, plus some caps too if I can find some :D (and bring you 'the real H') :)

*chuckle*

You guys make me laugh :lol: those pics of the flying Hummer...heeheehee, very nice! :) I don't think I've seen that yet in any of the episodes I've watched so far. Oohh, that's another thought - what it would be like being taken for a drive by Horatio in his hummer... :D wind blowing through the open windows, take a picnic, find nice quiet spot in the countryside :D

Going back to Pusher's point about the real H, I was thinking last night after I'd logged off from here about season 4. At the moment, whenever I see or hear something about it, I instantly think of this whole Horatio and Marisol thing, so I was wondering...aside from all that, do you guys think it is worth watching in terms of the cases? are they good and/or interesting? does Horatio behave as he has done in previous seasons when working the cases? or has this Marisol character really upset everything that made CSI Miami such a good show in the first 3 seasons?

I'm just curious as to whether the Marisol/Horatio arc has overshadowed the potentially good things that still make Miami worth watching, or whether it's spoilt the show completely.

Hope that makes sense. :)

4. katpin31791

The guy played manny on General Hospital who targeted Sonny, Jason, Sam, & Carly.

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

6. Neteret

Neteret Dead on Arrival

I sure hope we're done with H's personal life for a while. I keep thinking that was part of the writers' whole idea - to come up with an idea everyone would hate so they could get back to what CSI:M is all about - the cases and how the team solves them with H capably leading. Keep the lovin' in the background. :D Hope the Brazil idea is short lived or dies entirely because it doesnt make sense. :confused:

Who's up for inventing a new wardrobe for the man? Lighter suits, flashy shirts and for heaven's sake get that man a decent pair of shoes! ;) he'll come back in the fall all buff and a bit of color so let's spend the summer dressing him pretty. :lol:

Hopefully he'll start enjoying his job again, having fun finding out how the bad guys did it.

And now, back to your regular programming :rolleyes:

7. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Oh I think H will remain single for a bit, especially if they want us to believe he really cared for Marisol, can't see him hooking up again soon :(

As for the wardrobe, I read an article a while ago where DC said the sunglasses were his own, as were the shoes, so I can't see him changing the shoes!! Plus they are a bit like mine for work, so I'm happy ;) although I expect DC paid a lot more for his :rolleyes:

I honestly prefer the darker suits on him, and I like the stripes but I would be happy to see some of the season two shirts return, I'm thinking especially the green, royal blue, and that deep red one too :D

And has Horatio changed his sunnies, I swear the ones from these caps are not as dark a tint as the previous ones, you can see the amazing eyes through them which is ok by me :lol:

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I think it depends on light or something... the sunnies thingy. But... who I am to tell. I live with fake RayBans :p

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Thanks for all those pictures Pusher and it's great to see the return of the ants Ducky! :lol:

My favourite H look was Season 2. His hair looked at it's best, he was a little slimmer and I loved those plain shirts (though I do like the stripes - especially the one he wore in 'Manhattan Manhunt', but he always looks so good in white). He's has looked a little worn out this season. Let's hope he comes back in September refreshed and in 'Real H' mode. ;)

10. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

:lol: Yeah I think it may well depend on the light and the angle of tilt and all that ;)

Yeah I think he has looked more worn out, I would agree with you, but then his character has been a lot more angsty so it knida fits :(
    Would love to see him lighten up again, I'm keen on returning to an early season 1 H, that was my favourite time, season 2 was mighty fine too though, and for goodness sake TPTB put a smile back on his face (see avvy)
    It transforms his whole face and stops me in my tracks ;)

11. Lucy

Sorry wibble, I overlooked this earlier! I would say that it's not just the H/Marisol storyarc that has made Season 4 poor. For me, that is only part of it. Some of the cases have been interesting, but H has not been himself. He started to become withdrawn from the team in Season 3, and in Season 4, that has been even more apparent. The team dynamic just isn't there at the moment. H has also been given a past in Season 4 that was previously unmentioned. He's been through so much, that it's now becoming a little too angsty. You name it, he's been through it basically!

Before Season 4, we had a believable amount of background info about him that sat well with me (mainly to do with his brother, Ray). It made him vulnerable, yet focused, driven and compassionate. I don't feel we needed all this extra angst. It has become way to unbelievable and rather contrived.

The other aspect to Season 4 that has disappointed has been the soapy style drama. Marisol was the healthiest cancer patient you've ever set eyes on, there's been a silly 'love' triangle, a pregnancy scare, a new character who seems to serve no purpose, plus a completely unconvincing romantic storyline for H.

CSI:Miami has become very 'style over substance' esque. It needs to get back to how it was, and the writers should stop messing with H's character.

12. katpin31791

The main thing I noticed in S4 is Horatios not being involved in the lab as he was in past seasons. That made him more involved. Now all he wants to do is chase bad guys and well I don't care much for that. I loved watching him in the lab but even at that, I enjoyed the shows up till the H/M story. Yes, we found out more about his past(childhood) which I think is great but, Still something was missing. Looking for S5 to get turned back around to where CSIM needs to be.

13. Lucy

That's what I consider part of the problem, though of course I respect your opinion. :) Horatio has suffered so much, that I'm getting to the point where I think, is there anything he hasn't gone through? I much preferred his past as we knew it before Season 4. I find all this angst tiresome and hard to believe. I realize some people have very tragic lives, but I am getting more than a little tired of H having so much drama heaped upon him.

14. wibble

wibble Corpse

Ducky - nice S4 pics there! :D (though I think I've yet to understand the ants thing, lol - any explanation of this would be most welcome :) ).

Thanks for your opinion on that Luce :) Hmmm, it's a pity...I wasn't aware that he starts to become withdrawn in S3, I thought it was just S4 that had brought all this on. At the moment, I'm really enjoying the team dynamic, with Horatio being involved with his team, making sure they're ok, checking what evidence they are working on during each case, etc. Basically, kind of looking over them all, and being the 'glue' that holds the rest of the team together, which in my opinion is one of the roles a lead CSI like H should fulfil.

As for all the overkill on H's background and all the angst he goes through in S4, I can see how that has made it a poor season. Even if the writers wanted H to have all this background and all this stuff going on in his personal life, I don't think it's necessary to air it all in the episodes. They could just put some of it onto his character profile or something. I agree that some background is good, but I think too much of one ingredient can ruin the recipe of the show (so to speak :lol:).

Also, I'm willing to bet that all this H angst has taken character development away from the other team memebers, and possibly other aspects of the show as well.

Oh dear...well, I'm sure I shall watch it, even if it turns out just to be to drool over H's appearance, despite his 'out-of-characterness' ;)

*is excited about watching 'Bunk' later* :D

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

oo this make sense, coz some guys here wait for on lady`s return in this show :p

maybe i`ll repeat some peoples opinion here, but i too whant to say some words. i personally don`t like the way CSI Miami writers try to develop one new H past (this in NY). somehow for me H already have full characters and this is not necessity. he have suffering enough till now so this 'hard' childhood for me is not the reason H to be so given up to all cases and victims. also somehow H in this S4 is a lot distant - to the team, to the cases...now hi is not so active like in S 1-3...he a lot of the time work alone. also miss a lot H smart remark which he use before. for me now H is like one Robocop without soul...this S4 he have lost one girl fired..and after this get marry...till now i can`t got it why Ann D. decide to destructive ours Real H character. the first idea to shwo Aerosol like sickly sis of Delko is good decision..but to involve H in this 'love' stuff is the end of the line for me. don`t like the way H act with her...all plot is so so ridiculous. in previous CSI M season H never do so foolish thinks toward Yelina or Rebecca. this is not H that i know and was love so much. yes it`s truth that in S4 have some good epis and case, but too many personal thing have there, not only for H but for whole CSI M team. at last this is crime tv show not soup. the quality all CSI M view is just perfect - Miami building or montage works, but this is not enough for me to keep my attention to S4 epis...the bad thing is that when u start to love one character and after this look what they don to him si big suffering. u don`t like the show but keep whatching it only coz inside of u have a little faith that all can be OK again...will see...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.