Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like This

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Re: Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like

Well I thought she was a long way from hot, but that's just me. Definitely no chemistry there. She was just plain weird all the way around, and not a nice weird like our H!

2. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Well if what I read about in the spoiler page is true (I don't need to add this into spoiler space anymore since the episode has been aired right?) then the purpose of Julia is just so there'll be someone to put up a fight for custody of Kyle. She's not a love interest. And like drgnldy said, she's a contrast to Y. Mayeb in his younger days, H liked blondes. :p

Regarding the above, I haven't watched 'Raising Caine' so correct me if I'm wrong.

I read in the spoiler page that Julia will be appearing in future episodes and since Y too is going to appear, there's some chance they'll be in an episode together. I'd love to see Y put Julia in her place like in s3 with Rebecca Nevins. So there's hope yet, let's hope after the strike is over, things will start going our way, ie the H/Y way. Maybe when Y comes to support H in his tussle over Kyle with Julia, both of them would get closer and maybe H will make his move. A big "maybe" I know, but I'm hoping.

3. silk

silk Prime Suspect

drgnldy said: " All those split screens, and that "now you see him now you don't" effect going on in the interegation room scenes? That was just plain annoying. With our luck, when we finally get that wonderful love scene we've all been waiting for, it'll look like it was put together by Picasso."

LMAO! I totally agree and so does hubby! Hate the fade in/fade out stuff. Wish they would substitued quality writing for the artsy fartsy stuff!

H and a much younger woman? Hubby was calling him Horatio Caine, resident CHI-MO (child molester)! However, I agree that Julia didn't look so much like a young woman as a woman TRYING pretty hard to look young and wooo-were those 'birthin hips'? I felt so sad for H because darn him, he always tries to do what he thinks the person he loves wants and not what is necessarily best. He should have fought harder to keep Kyle knowing that Julia might lead his son down the merry path and back into jail. I'm afraid that this might come back to bite him in the butt much like the suzie/madison event with Y. If Kyle goes down because of Julia, he may blame H for not fighting to keep him. Would like to have seen a little more of a display of affection and gratitude from Kyle to H at the end but at least he did call him 'Dad' which was touching.

Just wondering, if that was the last show shot before the strike, did they leaving a 'dangling participle' with the woman in the water or what? Certainly open to many different possibilities for development for future shows.
    Can we sign up to write for them?

And just so that this does qualify under the H/Y thread...Wow! How great to see Y in the epi even if it was a flashback. BONUS!

4. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Happy Birthday HC_for_my_birthday! :D
    Now that really would be worth seeing! As much as I don't welcome this storyline, it does have potential if Yelina was back on the show.

Someone in the episode thread in the Miami Forum suggested that Horatio and Yelina should take both Ray Jnr and Kyle out for a pizza! Despite the rather harmonious sentiment (far too harmonious for Miami), I liked that thought a lot. :D

There was a Yelina flashback? That's good to know. I may watch this episode as it's the last one for a while, and I want to see this Julia character.

5. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

Thanks for the B-Day wishes Pusher been great so far :)

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Just in to celebrate we got a flashback yay!!! :D Ok so it's not much but I was really happy to see her again.

7. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

During Raising Caine, did I just see what I think I saw? :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Happy Birthday, HC!!! :D

8. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Yes, Julia is definitely going to be back - how else can we pin on her the murder we witnessed in the last few seconds of the epi? She is OBVIOUSLY guilty ;). I can see Y helping H investigate her, and then Julia actually being a physical threat to Y. (She's certainly big enough to just sit on her and cause major damage.) :D

9. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I kind of thought that maybe when Yelina comes back and if her and Julia are in the same scenes I can so see Horatio and Yelina talking and then Julia sees them and sees how they look at each other...then she'll be determined to get Yelina out of the way, but not to worry cause that would cause Horatio to spring into action and save the woman he truly loves :D.....course this could be me just wishful thinking for a scene like this. Now that I think about it this would make a good fanfic too. :)

10. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

Yelina blash-back?? really?? so there's still hope?? :eek: :D

HC_4_my_birthday Happy birthday!!! :D
    I hope you have a good one! ;)

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

There was a Y-flashback? Cool! What was the flashback about? It was a flashback for a scene from 'Dangerous Son'?

CSIz_4_H I really like your idea! You should send it in to tptb, since there's a strike going on. I'd love to see that on the show and that's an awesome way for H to get together with Y. And for H to get Kyle back. I hope Kyle turns out to be ok and doesn't go about breaking the law anymore. I hate that "everyone around H always gets into trouble" trend (Ray Sr and now Kyle). Too much drama and crap in H's life.

Luce I read that go out for pizza with Kyle and Ray Jr thing too. It'll be real nice to see that on the show. Miami needs some normal, mundane stuff for once.

12. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Pizza would also be a great way for H and Y to get some "innocent" face time!

The flashback only lasted a few seconds. H was remembering the time he told Y about Julia, and Y asked if it was serious. Only saw Y's face for a fleeting moment, but it was a salute to established canon, and also continuity. But then again, I could be reading too much into it. I feel like we often have before that Y was there for SOME reason.

I can see what show Lucy and Pusher are thinking about today!

13. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

Thamks for all the B-Day wishes everyone,had a few surprise when i got home from work.3 new CSI books and part 2 of S4 Miami :)

Even a flash back of Y is good to know she was in his thoughts

Hush the pic made my day and like you i read to much fanfiction,always on the look out for H/Y ones

14. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Completely coincidental too. :D Pusher's is indeed a very nice view! :devil: Hugh Laurie. *sigh* Anyway, moving on....

Re the flashback, the salute to established canon is certainly rare and I'm glad it involved Yelina. The fact that tgtb want to bring Sofia back in April (although I know this may not happen as planned due to the strike), suggests to me that Yelina may be involved in an end of season storyline of sorts. I hope, as we all do, that she may play a more significant part in developments.

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Did I read Hugh Laurie name ?! Where is he?! *look around*

Btw Lucy ur House ava make me think this is the same face expression that u make after seeing H`s ex. :lol:

Ok back to H/Y topic... re Yelina flashback in the last epi... yep it was good moment. But if time to time they mention her name in conversation won`t hurt... No need to see them go out of pizza for example.. enough will be just to say it... like H and Ray Jn fish trip.. hope to make sense here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.