Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like

A belated congrats on the new thread and a warm welcome to adorelo and fadingintherain. :D

I'm not a big fan of 'ship' names either. Call me boring (lol) and traditional, but I prefer the real character names to be used. Again, just a personal preference for me too. ;)

Lovely pics from Big Brother Luce. Thanks for posting! :D

Ooooh, lots going on since I was here last! and lots of new people - that's good.

Lucy, I like the coffin pic you posted in the last thread. I have sentimental attachment to that scene, because its the first H/Y scene I saw, or at least the first I remember seeing. They were so hot it took my breath away!

Back to a previous discussion - I do think Y has supported H whenever he would let her. After a time she must have gotten tired of being held at arms' length all the time. (And he's still doing it.) I think she has always gone as far as he would let her in trying to be there for him. (I think even now she knows she can't push him, and that he must make the next move.) In fact, it seems it was easier for him to unburden himself to Rebecca then Y - possibly because Rebecca didn't have so much baggage attached to her. And I thought H really did Y wrong when he apparently talked to Rebecca about her (since in a later scene Rebecca seemed to know that Y used to have some sort of relationship with H.) I just hate when men talk to women about other women.

As far as a catchy name for H/Y, call me old-fashioned, but I just like H/Y!

From the previous thread:
Of course, being with him or not is Yelina's choice and not his, but still, I can imagine him thinking that he needs to protect her even from himself.
This has always been my major problem with H - he's always making choices FOR her, instead of making sure she's well informed so she can make good choices for herself. I'm tempted to say that he acts like she has half a brain, but IMO its really that he's afraid to let her make choices for herself and her son, because then she might not make the ones he wants her to make. Its all about his agenda. What he really acts like is that he's pet-sitting for a friend who is out of town, and he has to make certain that all is well (and status quo) when the owner returns. She's not a cocker spaniel, for heaven's sake! Maybe now that Raymond is REALLY dead things will change.

Yay! new thread. I'm busy at work for one day and there's a new thread and so many posts!

I just watched NY's 'Snow Day', and I wish we could see H like Mac, with the water sprinklers making him all wet and him coming out and have Y hug him for the longest time cos she thought he was dead (like Peyton hugged Mac). Whay can't we have stuff like that on Miami?

Call me old-fashioned too but I still like refering to our canon as H/Y. I've always liked it that way.

Alot has been discussed about H/Y. MY brain's too tired to contribute much now, but I don't think their realtionship is estrangled at the moment, neglected each other for awhile yes, but they just have to start afresh. I think there's lots of potential there as long as tptb don't screw up.

Call me old-fashioned (and I'm only 18!) but nothing is a better name for our ship than H/Y! Something I dislike about the fandom (spelling?) is that there's no real site dedicated to those two. Lookup House/Cameron, Sawyer/Kate etc they all have sites dedicated to them. Where's the H/Y site?!

By the way, the thing that disappointed me like I said earlier is that she wasn't there for him when Speed passed away... I'm not saying she should've hugged him crazy or whatever but just a simple "are you okay?" would've been more than sufficient for me. Really was it that hard to ask that question? Even if they weren't on the best of terms back then...

^I agree about that Kit, but I have come to accept that what plays out on screen is script driven, and it just doesn't happen like it would in real life. Friday I saw 'Death Grip' on A&E, and I felt the same way when it was Eric talking about how the minority community (in this case, hispanic) never got the attention the anglo community did. Where was Y's comment on that subject? She was there when H told the family the bad news about their daughter, yet she never said one word about the inequality, and she's supposed to be hispanic, too. I sort of think that's what happened when Speed was killed - her comment about 'news at 11' was supposed to be symbolic of her watching out for him.

Perhaps... still I would've wanted that little sentence :( Horatio always asks her if she's okay...

BUT where are my manners? Welcome to the thread fadingintherain Hope you enjoy your stay, don't think that'll be a problem.

I'm bringin' pictures!

bscap2013.jpg

bscap2020.jpg

Talk about odd moments..

While I was posting these pictures, I thought of something. All the secrets are out... Horatio has been jealous when she was with Stetler. And Yelina has been jealous about Suzy. There's nothing standing between them. Perhaps thats why Horatio tries to remain distant from Yelina cause there's nothing else except those barriers he put up for himself to keep them from hooking up. And I don't know about you guys but I think those walls were almost crumbled near the end of S3..

I agree. I think that's why he's keeping his distance. . . the security of the status quo is preferable to God-knows-what happening!

That little actress who plays Madison is just adorable!

Some very interesting and thoughtful discussion going on in here. :) It's a shame I don't have much time to do it all justice right now. Infact, it's a good thing for me that there isn't a good H/Y site out there, because I would not be able to visit it very often! I already have fandom overload. :D

drgnldy, I really liked the point you made about Yelina supporting H whenever he would let her. He certainly has kept her at arms length as that is his comfort zone.
This has always been my major problem with H - he's always making choices FOR her, instead of making sure she's well informed so she can make good choices for herself. I'm tempted to say that he acts like she has half a brain, but IMO its really that he's afraid to let her make choices for herself and her son, because then she might not make the ones he wants her to make. Its all about his agenda.
Exactly so. Hence his discomfort at Yelina's new role as a PI. I hope the writers can develop this - even to the point of some potential animosity between them. Some professional conflict would be interesting to see, as long as there is a resolution on the horizon. ;)
And I thought H really did Y wrong when he apparently talked to Rebecca about her (since in a later scene Rebecca seemed to know that Y used to have some sort of relationship with H.)
Far be it for me to defend Horatio these days ;), but I'm not sure that's quite how things necessarily transpired. As soon as Rececca set eyes upon Yelina (when H was talking to Y about her black eye) in 'Crime Wave', she was immediately transformed into the green-eyed possessive monster! Tally made a wonderful comment at the time about locking up your bunnies, in a reference to the movie 'Fatal Attraction'! Rebecca sensed the connection between H and Y, hence her abrupt tone when she asked H if he was having "drinks with someone?" when he said he would have to meet her later than planned for their dinner date.

I expect Rebecca grilled H about Yelina. I can just hear her saying, "So, who was that woman?" in an accusing tone! I'm sure H would have obliged her with a brief explanation (brother's widow, detective etc), but I can't imagine him telling her much about his history with Yelina. Rebecca's comment to Yelina in Cop Killer:

"Yours for now, but it's going to be mine later. Seems like there's a lot of that going around these days."

...was such a catty remark, made as a result of her knowing intuitively that Yelina had feelings for H, and vice-versa.

Well, at least that's my take on it, from the days of yore. :)

You could very well be right. At any rate, R had some reason for thinking that she had something that used to be (sort of) Yelina's. One thing that irritated me about that episode (sort of like Kit's problem above), is that in the end when Rebecca asked H whether his dismissal of her had anything to do with R's earlier remark to Y, H said 'no', but obviously had no idea what she was talking about, and never checked with Y to find out. That was a little strange, because he's usually so noisy about everything!

Speaking of catty remarks, there's one in my head that I wish Y would speak the next time she sees H. . ."So, Horatio, is it bad news, or do you need a favor?" :devil:

Some very interesting and thoughtful discussion going on in here. It's a shame I don't have much time to do it all justice right now. Infact, it's a good thing for me that there isn't a good H/Y site out there, because I would not be able to visit it very often! I already have fandom overload.
This is the only site I visit, but my family still give me looks. I try not to do it when someone else is around, but the other night I heard my husband telling our son "she's still on that CSIM kick - talking to people on the internet about it. . ." :rolleyes:

drgnldy said:
You could very well be right. At any rate, R had some reason for thinking that she had something that used to be (sort of) Yelina's. One thing that irritated me about that episode (sort of like Kit's problem above), is that in the end when Rebecca asked H whether his dismissal of her had anything to do with R's earlier remark to Y, H said 'no', but obviously had no idea what she was talking about, and never checked with Y to find out. That was a little strange, because he's usually so noisy about everything!

Speaking of catty remarks, there's one in my head that I wish Y would speak the next time she sees H. . ."So, Horatio, is it bad news, or do you need a favor?" :devil:

It would be interesting if she said something like that. He seems to keep her at arms length unless it is bad news or he needs a favor. They should have a heart to heart talk between Horatio and Yelina where she demands to know where she stands. Wouldn't that shock the heck out of Horatio.

That would be priceless! :D I do love Yelina's occasional sarcasm, and Sofia does that little inquisitive thing with her mouth and eyes too. She does pull some great facial expressions.

It's very true though about everything being script driven. How many times have we thought of pieces of missing dialogue, that would fit so well? I would also have liked to have seen Yelina ask H if he was okay in Lost Son, but she was in professional 'film at 11' mode. It was very telling though, to see that she was looking out for him, and because his emotions were running so high, someone had to keep him in check.
the other night I heard my husband telling our son "she's still on that CSIM kick - talking to people on the internet about it. :rolleyes:
Hee, my husband doesn't quite get how we find so much to discuss! He has now resigned himself to the fact that I'm... er, dedicated (not obsessed). ;)

Kit said: By the way, the thing that disappointed me like I said earlier is that she wasn't there for him when Speed passed away... I'm not saying she should've hugged him crazy or whatever but just a simple "are you okay?" would've been more than sufficient for me. Really was it that hard to ask that question? Even if they weren't on the best of terms back then...

I`ll repeat myself, but I still think that it was H choice to keep aside Yelina from him after Speed death. Maybe he was play too busy and this way run away from her regretful look. Maybe don`t want to get weak with her presence around and don`t see her till Speed funeral. I don`t think that Yelina can say "are you okay?" in front all his team members. Also for me H have show to her that he is not ready to talk about this. (we all know that they can read each others only with one look) Not in last place as proof that Yelina even to want help/talk with H somehow she can`t do it coz little after epi 'Lost Son' we have 'Hell Night' where H explain to Ray Jn. that he try to give his mom some space... What have to do Yelina ?! To go beg H for his attention or confession?! :rolleyes:

BTW to write House/Cameron names together like this is huge crime against the humanity. This is almost like to say that there exist H/Cal shipp. *run way horrified*

drgnldy said: is that in the end when Rebecca asked H whether his dismissal of her had anything to do with R's earlier remark to Y, H said 'no', but obviously had no idea what she was talking about, and never checked with Y to find out. That was a little strange, because he's usually so noisy about everything!

Humm can I say that I don`t find this strange at all. ;) For me Yelina is not and never will be this type of woman when someone want/try to 'hurt' her, she`ll run and cry on men shoulder or give some kind of explanation. She do this that we all expect from her - to 'fight' and keep her land. And H know Yelina well. Coz of this for me after H and Rebecca chat in 'Cop Killer', he just move forward without ask any question. Maybe S 1-3 H respect Yelina action like she respect his. For me usually if someone of them want to talk just do it (when she/he is ready or want to ), other way it`s lost cause. didn`t explain well sorry.

As soon as Rececca set eyes upon Yelina (when H was talking to Y about her black eye) in 'Crime Wave', she was immediately transformed into the green-eyed possessive monster! Tally made a wonderful comment at the time about locking up your bunnies, in a reference to the movie 'Fatal Attraction'!
I remember that very well! :lol: Also something about a look conveying the desire to fillet someone with a melon-baller?

*sigh* At least Rebecca had substance and charisma (of sorts), unlike Marisol, who was described perfectly by the Radio Times magazine as 'wet blanket Marisol'. :p

^ Yay for the return of the melon-baller quote! :D

Rebecca did indeed have a feisty charm & ambition, even if she wasn't particularly likeable. She certainly had presence. Compared to Marisol she was positively vibrant! Got to love the Radio Times and their comments. Marisol's character was just so needy and completely lacking in any kind of substance - I really didn't like the way they wrote her character at all.

Lucy said:
^ Yay for the return of the melon-baller quote! :D

Rebecca did indeed have a feisty charm & ambition, even if she wasn't particularly likeable. She certainly had presence. Compared to Marisol she was positively vibrant! Got to love the Radio Times and their comments. Marisol's character was just so needy and completely lacking in any kind of substance - I really didn't like the way they wrote her character at all.

They dropped Rebecca just as she was getting interesting. They should bring Rebecca back as a lawyer. It would be interesting if she tried to get back a Horatio for breaking up with her. Maybe she could turn out to be psycho and stalk Horatio and/or Yelena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back