Horatio & Yelina #7: "So Much Unresolved Love" (we quote)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio & Yelina #7 - "So Much Unresolved Love" (we quot

And the fact that they killed of Marisol and bring Y back certainly proves a bit that they're still in favor of H/Y. I'm very happy we didn't get Marisol & Yelina meeting.. it would've been too soap opera :)

Hummm this bring Y back for only 2 epis after the end of S 3 for me is some kind of desperate act from TGTB, coz they see that something is wrOng (even to not want to admit it).... but still don`t know how to fix it. For me even Ann D. still to throw in the air ideas for some kind of continuations for H real family with zero development for H/Yelina realtionship make me think that she is out of create mood for too long time....

And re Yelina to meet Aerosol... wow this will be more good then TGTB to think out new part of H family. I`ll love to see what explanation can give H to Yelina why he marry this Barby Girl or too be with both of them in dinner and at last to see what big mistake he have done... Will be H ashamed in front Yelina coz of his silly choice .... Also with the kill Ray Sn. again part too was miss one great possibility for more H/Y drama....

Well atleast they brought her back. It wouldn't have been unrealistic if she was never to be seen again once she left for Brazil.

And they involve her in the big personal storylines for Horatio which is certainly a great point. They haven't seen each other for 1-2 years.. and a lot has changed during that time. Horatio got married, he lost his wife. Yelina reunited with the husband she thought was dead, she loses him again a second time.

I think both of them don't know where they stand right now. Yelina perhaps realizes that Horatio has indeed changed a lot during that time. He's more distant. It's great that she tells him he should come around more. Knowing H , he will. Slowly they will redevelop the "relationship" they had during S3. Probably the biggest roadblock is the fact that Yelina doesn't quite know how to handle the new H. Well maybe she does but she's afraid of pushing him to hard, especially after he lost his wife. Hopefuly soon we'll get some more news of her appearing in episodes. Wouldn't it be great to see her again for a few episodes in a row?

^ In ur post have a lot truth, but for me this steps back to each others again can be done in S5 - in meening with 2-3 more epis with Yelina in them and now things will be a lot different. Coz with this new spoiler for H, Yelina will be more and more mixed how to handle H. (she still don`t know anything for Aerosol and new things keep comeing. I don`t like a lot H new family part coz all is fix only over H and Jn., not like I want it to be - mix between Yelina, Ray Jn. and this new Jn. I was hope that if in S5 we have back H/Y in the position almost get together, this Jn will be the final push that destiny make so H and Yelina to start live in one house. For my regret this scenario sound more like soup ... but with my limit english I can`t explain it better sorry. Maybe coz for me this way Yelina to be in H life make more sense now I`m negative tuned from the news about S6.... Also I don`t want Yelina to chase H, now is his turn. Yelina charatcer have more big potential for development then to be H 'shadow' - when he call she to be always for him or to keep waiting....

I already start to think that only Steven Maeda think out an make this great H/Y plot line back in the time and Ann D. nice comments come only coz of the great success that make H and Yelina chemistry and interaction. Maybe after Mr. Maeda left this tv show she can`t make something so good as before and just move forward.
I definitely think that Steve Maeda had a very significant influence on how the H/Y relationship was written. I think he provided much of the creative inspiration and I'm just hoping now that someone like Ildy is still flying the H/Y flag amongst tgtb. It would be interesting to see what Ann D would say if asked about it. Not that I would trust the answer, but it would still be interesting to know.
Lucy said: When listening to Ann D's commentary on Blood Brothers in particular, she is so taken with the H/Y chemistry and interaction. She really waxes lyrical about it. Her change of heart and direction at the end of Season 3 does not make any sense in light of this, and just "wanting a change" really doesn't cut it at all in terms of an acceptable explanation for the fans. Typical 'monster' behaviour!
Exactly. Hence my complete lack of trust in what tgtb have to say. I still find it hard to believe this lack of respect for the fans.

Having said that, it is always lovely to be reminded of such great scenes like the one by the coffin in Dispo Day. Thanks much for the pics everyone. :)

thanks for the pics and the songsalways love seeing them together new or old :)

Had trouble with my dongle which stop me comming here for a few days,the (punked comp kid)sorted out today :)

You're all very welcome re the pics. :) I would also like to join in the hailing of Steve Maeda! The show really has not been the same since his departure. I agree that we need to see some character development for Yelina in her own right, out from under H's shadow. Making her a PI is a good move in terms of her independence, but they need to do something with that. Something that Sofia can really get her teeth into and hopefully increase her screentime on the show.

Countdown pic #16

tn_DCSM2.jpg

hi!! I've been so busy that i almost forgot this threasd was here!! :eek: :eek: *slaps self* i love all the pics!!!! i can't wait till the new seasons starts!!!!!! and I'm glad that the stupid writers and TPTB at least agree on this ship and that it's a good ship. cause it so totally is!!! and i voted for "Kiss her...do it!" that is hilarious!!!!

I remember watching the Season 1-2 episodes w/H/Y and thinking that H couldn't go through w/it b/c he couldn't come to terms w/Ray's death. I think a good plotline, if the writers want to go the H/Y route, is to incorporate Horatio's past into - including the new plotline.

I don't think it would be too far-fetched to say that H promised his mother he would look after his brother Ray before she died. The guilt that must go along w/the fact that he couldn't save his mother, or is brother, must really be weighing on him - I really don't think he's dealt w/it.

Starting a relationship w/Yelina would mean dealing w/his past - his brother's death and his parents' death. Maybe he's afraid b/c he almost went down that road once, and then found out Ray was alive - can you imagine the guilt if H had actually started a relationship w/Y at that point?

Now, H has been married and seen his wife killed - basically b/c of him. Marisol's death really is H's fault in a way, which is why we should've seen Eric's parents when Eric was shot earlier in Season 5. Have H confront the pain in that way - have him deal w/it head-on.

Starting a relationship w/Yelina now would force H to open up and deal w/things he hasn't dealt w/ - but TPTB refuse to adhere to continuity and keep throwing in different plotlines - I wonder how Yelina will feel about the latest one (she was none too happy w/Maddison, remember?).

Anyway, I don't usually ship H/Y, but I agree that there are possibilities w/that ship (especially considering how my "ship" is sinking faster than the Titanic! :rolleyes: )

If they do "get together" I really think it needs to be done in a way that allows H to confront his past and own up to it. He killed his father. He couldn't save his mother or his brother. But, as he said to Speed in "Dispo Day", he's still a good man, and he deserves much better than what he has right now.

Yelina and Ray, Jr. could be the answer to Horatio's current state of depression — that's what I'm chalking up all this distance to - depression. The man refuses to get help, and it's going to catch up w/him sooner or later.

I can`t wait new H/Y thread to start. :lol: I`m have reason to celebrate hehehe and the best way to finish this great weekend is to have new N. 8 in front Horatio and Yelina names ;)

Thanks Lucy for this lovely pic. Yelina dose look great in white and light clothes. Coz of this I like a lot the fact thjat she will be in white in S6 premiere. :)

Well I've got another question for you gals :p

What should've been handled differently or what should've been handled in the H/Y "relationship" during the course of S1 till S3? Except for the obvious one, that they should've hooked up :)

The only thing I regret is that when Speed died, Yelina didn't console Horatio... H has always been there for Y and now when it's time to repay the favor she just wasn't there :(

Man I miss Speed...Sorry, back on topic. I think Yelina was w/that slimeball Rick Stetler at the time, so H and Yelina were kinda estranged. She did have H's back at the jeweler store, when Horatio pushed the perp against the car - remember, she said, "Film at 11" *(referring to all the cameras watching the crimes scene). I really love that line, and that whole scene - you could see H was straining to hold back his anger, and when he handed Yelina his sunglasses, you knew it was gonna hit the fan - so I guess she did help him in that way, kept him from losing his cool.

As for why it appeared that, ultimately, Yelina wasn't there for him - it looked to me like Speed's death hit too close to home - reminded her too much of Ray, and she wasn't trusting H like she used to at that time. Remember the whole Maddison thing? So she was sticking w/Stetler at that point - that was fleshed out more in the second Season 3 ep., where Yelina takes home that kid and almost gets killed b/c a hit was put on the kid.

I think at Speed's funeral there's a shot of Yelina standing next to Rick - that pretty much says it all for that point in the H/Y relationship.

Also, H had embarked on a relationship w/that attorney (I forget her name), and there's a scene w/him talking to her about Speed's death later in Season 3. I never liked that he was confiding to a stranger (well, at least for viewers), and think this would've worked much better if it was someone the viewers knew.

*sad goran* aww why'd ya have to bring up Speed? you all know how i get when we talk about him dying. *cries* now I'm sad!!! *cries more* :( :( I miss Speed :( and i don't know why Yelina didn't console H about Speed. maybe she thought he needs some time alone? *cries* i'll be off crying my eyes out now...*sobs uncontrollably*

miamirocks said:
Starting a relationship w/Yelina would mean dealing w/his past - his brother's death and his parents' death.

In addition to that, as you said, he probably thinks Marisol's death and Eric near death situation is his fault. He probably doesn't want to put Yelina in that kind of risk...after everything she's been through he probably thinks she deserves better than him.
Of course, being with him or not is Yelina's choice and not his, but still, I can imagine him thinking that he needs to protect her even from himself.
For me, before they get together they need to do a lot of talking...I believe that at some point Yelina is going to be the one to make him open up...but with someone that has hidden his feeling for so long that's going to take a lot of time...
It’s a delicate situation and more than anything I hope the writers are smart enough to deal with it in the best way…I still can hope right?

Lucy that pic is lovely! Thankx! :D

Hey guys can I ask for favour... pls can we stop post here coz we reach 1 000 posts and to wait for Luce or MD come online to open new thread.

thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back