Horatio & Yelina #5 ~ How Can I Not Love You?~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, MAJOR NEWSFLASH! :D

Obviously, all spoilers are subject to change, but this is from a reliable source:
Yelina is due to return this season in Ep #22. Her new role is as a Private Investigator. Yay, that's cool! Anyway, no more info other than that for now. Looks like this ep will air in May.

This info has been posted over in the Spoiler Lab in the Miami Forum. :)

Cool but the sort of job kind of worries me :p I don't think H is going to like it, it's pretty dangerous..

It's certainly an interesting twist but it also raises a lot of questions. Shouldn't she better go back as a detective it's safer for her and Ray jr.. I'm curious as to how the writers are going to handle this one! :D

I bet H is going to do everything to protect her, should be fun to watch :p

I do rather like the independent angle of the PI thing. Evidently, the writers have been thinking of how they could reintroduce Yelina in a slightly different capacity. I'm pleased with (even if it is a little unoriginal) what they have come up with, but as always, cautiously optimistic. ;)

Yeah it's nice to see a different side of her. But we both know Horatio cares more for Yelina than anyone else. And we also know he's very protective of her. So he'll try to talk her out of it. So I don't think this is going to last long which would be a huge bummer on the Y development. ( I'm very pessimistic today :p ) In the beginning they made Yelina a very independent & strong woman but in mid season 3 this got lost. I don't know if the writers dare to make her like she was in the beginning. But if they do this PI thing has a great chance of staying and I personally would LOVE that.

Good to hear that SM will soon be gracing Miami and our tv screens soon. I would imagine that with her being an ex-cop, a second career as a PI is to be expected. I also imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to imagine she and H meeting up over a case that crosses both their professional paths.

If nothing else, it will still be quite tremendous to see both DC and SM reprise their Miami chemistry and confuzzled relationship in all its sub-textual intricasies.

Gosh, it's been a while coming, hasn't it?

Okay I reanalyzed another episode for some H/Y goodness.

It's the episode Dead zone.

H: Are you okay?
Y: I'm good I'm good.
H: Yelina..
Y: Not sleeping really well since the bomb.
H: Old memories?
(Yelina looks up and smiles)
H: What?
Y: I'm just glad you're a bomb expert.

The moment where she looks up & smiles, to me it implicates that she's a bit frustrated by the fact that every time she shows compassion towards Horatio he always links it to Raymond while it's just all about H..

bscap.jpg

If nothing else, it will still be quite tremendous to see both DC and SM reprise their Miami chemistry and confuzzled relationship in all its sub-textual intricasies.
So say we all! That to me, is of paramount significance and what I have been looking forward to for so long. Yes, it has indeed been a long time coming. A silver lining perhaps? We shall see, but at least we have some good news at last. :)

Kit, that's a lovely screencap from 'Dead Zone'. Another one of those scenes where H and Y are almost standing on each others' toes they're so close! :D

I just got back from a 19 hour shift. :( Needed to unwind and so I worked on my fic (here's the link btw)

http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Ca...ID=#Post1122234

and wow spoilers on Yelina's return yay! As a PI yes that makes for great potential for lots of possibilities. Though I much prefer if she would come back as a cop. If the writers do evetually let her get together with H I see the potential for lots of clashes with regards to their work, so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with work and a relationship. I mean a PI may be asked to do some not so ethical stuff right? And we know H doesn't really like bending the rules much. In contrast to you Luce I'm kinda disappointed that they're making her a PI. I don't have good opinions of them and I always thought of Y as a strong woman with strong morals. My opinions of PIs are that they're kinda not so... well I'm not sure how to put it, they tend to use underhand means to get what their clients want.

At least now we have confirmation and I hope she can come back for even more episodes. I would be disppointed if tptb chose to show that they have not been in touch and H bumps into her in the course of their work. It's just not like him to not be in touch with her.

Sorry if it's gibberish I'm typing my brain is severly starved of sleep.

I hadn't really thought of the PI ethical angle. Hopefully, the writers won't put this kind of spin on it, as that would not be at all in character for Yelina. I just liked it from the independent viewpoint and that it's a little different. I guess I'm just pleased that she should have a good excuse to cross paths with H!

I guess we need to see how the writers intend to approach this. Like Kit said, I wonder what H will think of this career move?

This is the frist time i have been on today Y returning to Miami as a PI whatever will they think of next but it's news good and thanks Lucy :).It will be very interesting to know what H will think of her new job she will get his support whatever she dose.

Not going to be aloud to come on here much next week back on lates :(

Lucy said:
TallyHo said: If nothing else, it will still be quite tremendous to see both DC and SM reprise their Miami chemistry and confuzzled relationship in all its sub-textual intricasies.
So say we all! That to me, is of paramount significance and what I have been looking forward to for so long. Yes, it has indeed been a long time coming. A silver lining perhaps? We shall see, but at least we have some good news at last. :)
My exact sentiments too! And YAY for this news. :D

Yelina as a PI? Certainly interesting and gives some scope for H/Y path crossing. I expect the writers decided not to bring her back as a cop just to try a different angle for her character. I'm almost hoping it might bring a little professional conflict between her and H. As long as things remain ethical, I think this could be a positive move. Then again, we are talking Miami writers here, lol! ;)

Professional conflict would be greatly looked forward to. I was kinda disappointed cos I was hoping for the H shooting some innocent rumor. But I guess that might have made it too soapy and angsty. Introducing her back via a professional storyarc sounds a good direction to take by the writers. I'm only worried about the ethical bit like I said. From the spoiler I read on the Miami forum I can picture it in my head:

Y comes to PD to look up H. He sees her and goes up to her and his opening line to her is like
H: I thought our dinner date was at 8pm?
Y:I'm here to tell you something else (Shan't type it out exactly here cos it'll be a spoiler right? The thing about Ryan...)

Well you get my drift, then we find out they've actually been seeing each other for awhile. But having said that it would take the fun out of things cos we will never get to see how H goes about asking her out.

But anyways it's GREAT to have Yelina back and see H/Y interaction again no matter what the storyarc.

No mention of Ray Jr? I'd like to see more of him as well.

I was kinda disappointed cos I was hoping for the H shooting some innocent rumor.
I suppose that could still happen in another episode. If H was to go through something professionally traumatic, it would be great to have Yelina on hand to support him. ;)

I too would love to see Ray Jnr back. These current spoilers are of course unconfirmed and subject to change. I imagine further details will be added and hopefully, we might see Ray Jnr in the credits too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back