Horatio/Natalia #1 - All Aboard The USS Orange Crush. Toot!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 25, 2006.

1. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

Re: Horatio/Natalia #1 - All Aboard The USS Orange Crush. To

Welcome to the ship, Patricia!

The Horatio/Natalia friendship is the one thing that draws me to this ship so much. You're right, ilh214, Horatio doesn't seem to talk much, but Natalia always gets him to do that, and think about life and stuff. I think it's pretty amazing that she can. I really hope we get to see them getting closer next season. These are two characters who desperately need a shoulder to lean on. Horatio already proved he could be Natalia's, I know she could be his, too.

It would be really nice to see her become his Catherine.

2. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

thats exactly what i was thinking!! i hate that H doesn't have that connection or bond with one character. like a real partner or whatever. in the beginning it looked like calleigh would be but i swear i don't think they said 2 words to eachother through the entire 5th season.

and with what is coming up for horatio he's going to need a shoulder to lean on and someone to talk to. step it up natalia and return the favor! :D

3. _____Skylar

That's a real shame. I think they were going there with Megan, too, but then they wrote her out.

But yeah, every male character needs that strong female character next to him. Grissom has Catherine, Mac has Stella, but Horatio has no one. I really think Natalia could fulfill that role. She doesn't need to be the next person in command, it's just emotionally. She could be his friend. The conversation at the end of COTC reminded me of so many G/C and M/S have had.

4. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

megan. ugh. i don't think i could have handled it if she had stayed on. it was too much of a power struggle between them. natalia wouldn't be like that.

they cannot honestly expect us to believe that horatio keeps everything inside, never discussing anything with anyone. although, we should be careful what we wish for. every other woman that horatio seemed to open up to or have a connection with has died. maybe thats why they keep their distance. natalia doesn't have a death wish.

5. _____Skylar

I know, it's so unrealistic that he never talks. And he's always solving other people's problems, but no one takes care of him. We've seen from Natalia's interactions with her sister that she's very caring and motherly. I think Natalia would take great care of Horatio.

And you know he'd love it, too.

6. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

This thread does move in slow montion...it's a pitty...

Anyway...
    H is very protective of his feelings, I think he may be afraid of showing he can be vulnerable...probably having the job that he has and beeing the head of the team makes him feel that he needs to be taugh...

I think Natalia could get him to open up a little bit...of course it'll take some time but I think she could. She already showed us that she's not "afraid" of making contact with him and the fact that she herself doesn't hide her feelings is important too...it can help H realize that is not a bad thing to let your feelings out from time to time...

7. _____Skylar

I think he does feel that because he's the boss, he needs to be all tough. Unfortunately that's not good for his emotional health. I think that for as long as Natalia was a bused she didn't talk to anybody about it, so most likely she understands how he feels. I think they could bond really well.

I wrote a new fic. You can read it here.

8. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

that woman (i hate saying her name...) told eric that horatio was a completely different person away from work so i'm thinking the tough and emotionless thing goes on with the badge. perhaps away from work he's playful...funny even. maybe he cries at sappy movies or likes to play golf. we just don't know. if he and natalia became close they could show them doing things outside of work. one of those closing scenes of the csi's winding down. horatio and natalia could be at a bowling alley, or whatever. she's the perfect person to bring that side of him out because she has an intense side too.

i read your fic and commented on lj but i thought i'd tell you on here too...it was amaza-zing. :D you are awesome.

9. _____Skylar

Who, Marisol? I imagine Horatio would have to be different when he isn't on the job. He was once dating a woman and we knew nothing about it until she died, and she was pretty young. They all seem so flakey, though. Natalia, being older, probably understands him better.

Thanks for the reviews!

10. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i'm dragging this thread back out because i was in the store yesterday and i saw something that made me think of horatio & natalia :D YUM!

[​IMG]

20 more days!! maybe then we'll have something to talk about in here...i can disect a 15 second scene where they pass eachother in the hall into something shippy. and thats probably all we're gonna get on the 24th.

11. _____Skylar

Thank you for bringing the thread back! I missed it.

I'm okay with that. We don't need overly emote scenes because we know the chemistry is there and leaps off the page without the writers making it obvious. I was at cbs.com and someone asked if there was ever something between Horatio and Natalia because they thought they had great chemistry together.

I love your banner, btw. I'm really craving an Orange Crush now. This ship has the best name.

12. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i agree, the writers don't need to be agressive about it. put them in the same room together and they'll shine :) i'm glad other people are noticing, you just can't deny that something is there between them.

ty i dig your icon. yay for orange crush pride! :D i think if there was a contest of ship names we would totally win. i forget who named us but they were a genius. there were more people in this thread before but i don't know what happened to them. maybe they'll come back when the season starts.

13. _____Skylar

They just seem to go together. They don't need any scenes, Horatio/Natalia just makes sense. I can't explain it, but they do. She's his perfect woman. I really hope we get a lot of scenes this season. I would love to see them become friends.

Orange Crush is awesome. I think Caro (midnight_tiptoes) came up with the name. It's perfect.

14. GrueGilsGal

GrueGilsGal Victim

FULL STOP!!! Red alert. You're asking a highly ethical man to commit an entirely unethical act. I realize that lust doesn't usually allow for common sense, but love might if it's real. Natalia is Horatio's subordinate, therefore like Calleigh she's unavailable on that point alone.

Asking someone who has always been a stalwart defender of doing the right thing to go amiss, even for a temporary diversion, is asking for that man's ruin. With Stetler ever lurking in the background to impale Horatio on his propers, it's a BAAAD idea all the way around.

15. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I really hope you don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not trying to be rude, but Jesus, GrueGilsGal, you're really raining on people's parades today...

Not every ship happens (in fact, 98% of them don't), probably for such reasons you have just listed. Doesn't really mean we're all stupidly oblivious and need you to point out this fact.

Just my $0.02.