Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I'll take your word for it- it's logical no definitive reliable info. I'll consider the matter closed on my end-Thanks ruby&theheadmen

2. elliecatt

elliecatt Dead on Arrival

wow. if you can't go to a fan site for discussion or confirmation of a concern you have regarding a favorite actor, then I guess you can't go anywhere. sorry.

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

For the record, and to clarify what's been previously said in this thread, the convicted stalker (not alleged; she was tried, convicted and sentenced), Heidemarie Schnitzer, is back among us and slinging her slanderous mud once again. Just as she did prior to her arrest in February, 2009, she uses various names and tracks every movement of David and every mention of his name, commenting negatively whenever possible.
    After two years of the most despicable and bizarre attacks imaginable plus death threats against David and his family, she received only five months incarceration. The fact that she's again online tells me her parole was not conditioned on her prohibition from internet usage.
    :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
    For the most part, she's a mere shadow of her former evil self. However, that being said, I would still warn all: BEWARE.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just wanted to pop in, in an official capacity and clarify a few things regarding the rules here just so everyone has the information (new members and regulars alike).

With regards to the actors' personal lives, it's probably best to leave rumors at the door; if the actor or his representatives have made a statement, that's usually considered free game but otherwise, we want to ensure their privacy here and not add to the grief spread elsewhere.

The stalker stuff's been pretty publicized in the media so official reports on that aren't necessarily frowned upon, but I wouldn't want to garner her more attention than she's worth. :p ;)

That being said, future clarification regarding TalkCSI's rules can be referred to either FieldMouse or I, and we'd be more than happy to oblige. :) It's okay for members to have questions, and we'd like to ensure a continued welcoming environment for everyone.

Thanks!

Continuing the Horatio/DC discussion...I was wondering, do you feel non-watchers or casual viewers have the wrong perception of Horatio that pop culture media seems to portray?

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I'm not commenting on rumours, and David has always been rather a 'love him or hate him' figure, so there will always be rumours. These following comments are made from observation of him and other cast members - and he comes over as a sweet guy, most of the time. He's also proved remarkably tolerant of people taking the p**s out of Horatio (and, by association, him). Too tolerant, I think, but that's me. As for his weight - yes, you've got to notice, and people who care about him also worry about him. But there could be a dozen reasons, not least that he's now 55 and maybe doesn't care. How many slender 55 year olds do you know? But I accept it's his business and personal. All I'd say is, concerns for him are genuine, but I've found nothing with any foundation in FACT that suggests we should think the worst.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  6. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

In my opinion, yes. From what I've seen on various other sites, some people see him as arrogant and self-obsessed. I even saw one comment that said that his "flirting with younger women and only be affectionate with children was creepy," or something like that.

...Of course, that's just what I've seen. I can't speak for anyone else.

Now, as for Caruso's personality...well, I can't say anything about that, since I've never met him. I can't judge a person that I've never met...although it is very hard for me to avoiding doing so.

I do know one thing, though: he's human, which means he isn't perfect. As the band Epica so eloquently put it:

Don't you deny that we're all human beings
    We all have our flaws that can make us obscene

That's the way I see it. *shrug*

....That's not to say I believe the rumors. I don't believe them, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  7. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Damn! Damn! Damn! Heidimarie is out???? How did I miss that one! :scream:

Do we have any idea how many identities she's using and what names this time?

Jesus. The nightmare starts all over. Hateful lies, sick slanderous attacks and the most disgusting rumors her degenerate soul can make up will start flooding the Internet again.

Poor David, his children and loved ones. Like it wasn't bad enough before. He sure didn't get much of a break, did he? :(

And yes, is is sad how quick people are to believe the worst. :(

8. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I hope he's learned to avoid/ignore it - for his own sanity. Of course, it's what we should all do... I assume she won't be allowed back into the US, so she can't get at him physically?

9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Don't believe any of the rumors. David sets the tone for the set, and every behind-the-scenes clip I have ever seen shows a fun, relaxed cast and crew that love to joke and hang around each other. Do you think the show would have survived this long without a good working dynamic? Just read Eva's thread; she is very excited about returning to work. If it was a stressful place, do you think for a minute she would return to work for seven years? She has plenty of choices for her career. Do you think Emily would give up full-time motherhood (she is probably set financially for life) to return to work just to be stressed out? Look at Adam; he had a chance to leave permanently and go different directions last year but decided he was very happy with the show and signed up again.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  10. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

With all this recent talk of vicious rumors and crazy, psychotic stalkers, this thread needs a bit of levity.

I cam across this photo on a blogging site and just had to share it. I guess even Caruso can't help but get involved in the whole "Carmageddon" business. :lol:

According to the caption on the LA Times' site, some of the proceeds from the t-shirt sales are going to charity.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  11. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Nice photo. Thanks :)

12. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I should hardly think that a man at David's age getting heavier is somehow a definite sign of alcoholism. Plenty of actors at that age starts getting heavier, I mean, he's not getting any younger, it's hard to keep fit. The body at that age do tend to get more heavy-set, it's happened to plenty of actors that I watched over the years. It's been nearly 10 years since David started Miami, he's not the young fit guy anymore, and that's not a bad thing. It's just a sign of getting older and normal.

I really have a hard time believing the thing about him giving Rory a nervous break-down, from everything that I've heard, David and Rory have a good relationship and the cast is still in contact with Rory over the years.

And as for all the rumor, I don't believe it, and unless it's confirmed, they are simply rumors. And having personally met David a few years ago at a restaurant where he was dining and spoke with him for quite a while, he does not seem to be anything these rumors say he is. He was cheerful and more than willing to sit down to talk with a fan and we had quite a discussion over so many different things, including his feelings on all those parodies and imitations to which he said something to the effect of, if people want to have fun with it, who is he to stop that, if it's making a mark and impact then he's cool. What I got from that encounter was David was a perfect gentleman, gracious, kind, and incredibly talkative and intelligent, not to mention a tolerant man with a great sense of humor who doesn't take himself so seriously, and more than anything, a proud father whose eyes light up when talking about his kids and how he loves them and is proud of them.

---------------------------

As for people's misconceptions about Horatio as a character, there are plenty, they just see him as one-dimensional and make judgments on what they hear before they actually see the character in action.

Yes I know that Horatio can be very super-human, but I always saw that his best quality was his ability to connect to kids, that's what made him more real and human, and it's what I love the most about it. There is nothing creepy about it.

13. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Well, I'm jealous! But your comments simply reinforce what I've always thought about him.
    The people spreading rumours - we should call them what they are - lies - really are the scum of the earth. They should be flushed with the rest of the c**p. Failing that, ignored.

14. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

***** The asterisks are mine since moving the quote marks about messes up the whole quote and I'm sorry to have to re-quote the whole thing just to get my point across. I never mentioned alcoholism in my statement and it is not fair to accuse me of implying that in an untoward way, as if I were some uncaring troll, or crank what ever.

I'm 55 myself (in fact, David, as I've said here often- is 5 or 6 WEEKS older that I AM) so I know that other things can cause bloat ie; stress, medication, depression ( which can lead to one not taking care of themselves as they used to). Those are the things that concern me, in fact, anything related to that change concerns me-thus for me, the solution, such as sending one's best wishes and good will for improvement to one such as HE who has given so much of himself to his audience, which he respects so greatly is the least a decent (and I'd like to think I am a decent person- so people tell me) person can DO, and I'm happy to do just that. Other than that, thank you for sharing your meeting with him to us and confirming what most of us (me included) believe about him.

I think a retraction and an apology by you to me is due- your implication impugns my honor- it is an insult to me and I don't take that lightly and rest assuredly, I won't take that sitting down!

ruby&theheadmen

15. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

Uhh, ruby&theheadmen, BauerAlmeida was referring to elliecat's posts, not yours...

Either way, the rumors are just rumors, and we should really stop discussing them. I think She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned and her mud-slinging have gotten enough attention.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011