Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Oooo there's a good thought! I can't believe no one has brought up that possibility yet. That would make a fantastic scene IMO. Even though Kyle is military, he is still a very young man with a naive outlook on things. He wouldn't be as jaded and haunted as his father, and we know for a fact he's not afraid to approach him when something doesn't sit well with him. It may take Kyle's youthful view of right and wrong to remind Horatio of the man he used to be, and hopefully change himself to show his son not to grow up into the man he is now.

2. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I did think of Kyle, but we haven't seen him in so long that I thought he'd disappeared into "Suzie & Maddison" land. (Or Yelina and Raymond land for that matter...:rolleyes:)

I'm still catching up on some of the Season 8 eps, so I haven't seen Kyle really "grown up" - I knew he was in the military, but I didn't know if he'd changed much from the somewhat naive, whiney rich kid. Don't get me wrong, I really like Kyle, but when he ditched Horatio for his mom, I was like :wtf: . (I know that was in the beginning, but like I said I haven't really seen him mature much since then).

Anyhow, Kyle would be great if they could work him in somehow - I miss him! But I also don't know if Horatio would listen to his son - he may still see him as a boy who needs to learn the lessons of life. But it would be compelling, anyway - more compelling that watching H bash people's brain's in.

Wow, do I ever long for Season 1 Horatio - whatever happened to the line: "The guilt is what keeps us sharp" ? ("Tinder Box" - Just rewatched that episode - sooo awesome - gotta love Season 1 :) )

3. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Here's the video: Don't Speak

We all want a strong woman to confront H - well here she is, folks. Remember what H said back in season 3 to Stetler: "Never mess with Calleigh Duquesne."

OMG that is an awesome video Miamirocks. :thumbsup: :eek: You did an amazing job on it. Good for you.

Although I am not a shipper per se, I do like the DuCaine thing just the same. You know I read some of the fanfics and I think you folks here at this site can do a better job than some of the writers on the show. ;)

Excellent work!!!!

4. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I wasn't going to enter this thread, but I have to say that Kyle is a great idea - the only one that sits well with me. Look, H is not going to take any notice of his subordinates. Eric won't challenge him - he loves him too much. The only 'regular' who might get away with it is Frank, by reason of not being in his chain of command and knowing him a very long time, also similar age.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  5. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

would love to see Kyle return; maybe if H almost has to be put on 'leave' for a personal week or something. I'm not saying a total nervous breakdown but a retreat or something-then Kyle could be part of a intervention type thing-would be interested to see Horatio portrayed as human though being around his son always brings that humanity back to him...well CBS the balls in your court.

6. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Glad you liked the video, Linda&Horatio - thanks for the positive feedback! I agree that the fans often have better ideas than TPTB when it comes to character development. There's a lot of great fanfics around on Miami, and I even find that in the official books the characters are written MUCH BETTER. Granted, TV and books/reading is entirely different, as you can get inside a character's head easier in a book, but seriously, they could adapt some of that stuff for TV.

I really miss the old Horatio who would always be lookin' out for his team. :confused: Now it's like he doesn't care at all what happens - to him or his team. :wtf: When I made that video, I did it b/c I saw all the violent stuff H was gettin' away with (and that was even when Stetler was still around), and I thought it really needed to be addressed.

Now, it's gotten to the point where most of the viewers are sick of this police brutality - to me, it actually seems worse than what DC's character did on NYPD:Blue, simply b/c Horatio has never been like this and even the NYPD Blue character didn't beat on people all the time.

Hey, speaking of NYPD:Blue - does anyone remember the episode "Tempest in a C-Cup" from Season 1 (Yea, I know, I hate the title too LOL :lol: ) We all should totally watch (or Rewatch) it before the next show w/Memmo! I say this b/c David Caruso's character (John Kelly) has a scene where he's interrogating a suspect played by...guess who?? You got it! The actor who plays Memmo Fierro (Robert LaSardo)!! :p (Oh, and just to let you know, Kelly actually does NOT harm him in the episode, only threatens him by taking off his watch - maybe Horatio should take a page outta that book! :shifty: )

I couldn't find it on youtube, but if anyone knows where we can see it, please let me know! Just thought I'd throw that out there for all you DC fans ;)

7. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

8. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Quote by Miamirocks

Hey, speaking of NYPD:Blue - does anyone remember the episode "Tempest in a C-Cup" from Season 1 (Yea, I know, I hate the title too LOL :lol: ) We all should totally watch (or Rewatch) it before the next show w/Memmo! I say this b/c David Caruso's character (John Kelly) has a scene where he's interrogating a suspect played by...guess who?? You got it! The actor who plays Memmo Fierro (Robert LaSardo)!! :p (Oh, and just to let you know, Kelly actually does NOT harm him in the episode, only threatens him by taking off his watch - maybe Horatio should take a page outta that book! :shifty: )

I actually watched that episode of NYPD blue today. I had forgotten LaSardo was even in this show. And that hairdo he had. :guffaw::lol: OMG Memmo has none and this guy has weird hair. And that was him running from the police all the while in the buff. Oh dear! :eek: :guffaw::guffaw:

But I couldn't help but notice how John Kelly is a lot like Horatio in some of the things he says, for example: When the police were entering a building, John said "here we go" and H says that quite often too. And when they barged in on suspects, Kelly shouted " Go go go!" again like H does when approaching suspects and so on. But I think DC brings that to the table and makes it his regardless of what character he plays. Good stuff. thanks Miamirocks for reminding me of that episode of NYPD Blue.

9. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

But the glory that was John Kelly deserves a site all of its own! I wonder if there are any younger DC fans out there who haven't watched NYPDB? If there are, you don't know what you're missing! (All right, a bit off topic... I'll shut up.)

10. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Hey darlin you keep talking DM cause you have good things to say. :) I like the idea of having a John Kelly site. :thumbsup: The thing is I need to watch my DVDs here and not forget them. :guffaw::eek: you keep talking but I have the right to remain silent. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Have a great day folks!!

11. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

its funny you say that cuz I'm one of them and just ordered it online :lol:
    NYPDB aired when i was little and my mom frowned upon it greatly. Nows my chance!

12. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I almost envy you NOT having seen it before! Enjoy! Let me know what you think (privately, if you like, since it's sort of off topic).

13. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I don't think its that OT it is a DC thread after all. Just enjoyed disc 1 last night and lemme just say this first: :drool:

I'm mightily impressed, and I see what you guys mean. There are a lot of nuances and even a few quips that are just so distinctly DC. I have a newfound appreciation for him now. :thumbsup:

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Congratulations, Horatio! You didn't pull the trigger.

I really hope that last night's closing scene truly begins the redemption of Horatio Caine.

He made a decision not to kill Memmo. An interesting decision since we've had the distasteful task of watching him blow away and brutally abuse those, who in his vengeful mind, deserved it since Marisol was killed.

Marisol. A character who, imo, was so badly written there was no possible way of the audience as a whole indentifying, let alone feeling any sympathy, for this character. The love of Horatio's life? The driving force behind all this violence and killing? Just can't buy it. Especially when I never bought the love story to begin with.

And I have to say, the whole time that storyline was playing out I kept asking myself what PTB Alana de la Garza was related to that she was able to get that part. I thought she was a horrible actress. Not any more. She is a very good actress (as is evidenced by her work on L&O). It was the writing ... not the actress, that was severely lacking.

Finally, faced with the individual reponsible for the whole nightmare, he decides NOT to kill.

While I really hope this means that TPTB have finally heard the pleading, rants, screams and begging of fans deperate to see this character return to the moral compass of this show, I'm not holding my breath.

There isn't one element of fandom of this show who hasn't experinced the frustration, bewilderment, anger and hopelessness of their favorite character or storyline being FUBARed on by TPTB. :(

15. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

a little OT here but can anybody recommend a good website with just Horatio Caine pics from first 3 seasons? I just found out that my iPod holds pictures and I can look at them while listening to my music..might as well have enjoyable pics! thanx