Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

That promo was absolutely hilarious. Did you see Hodges speaking as simulation for Wendy and then looking down awkwardly? I WILL NEVER GET OVER THAT :guffaw: And at the end, it was so sweet that Hodges was trying to help Wendy get into the mindset for being out in the field, even if he himself wasn't too happy about the situation. :)

2. riddick

riddick Rookie

Yeah, just when I think I couldn't love him more he does something like that...He's a really sweet man down inside...very down inside...
    Watching that scene I got a glimpse of what Wedges family life could be...I guess their children will be asking for psichological counselling before turning 20...Before 15 if Hodges' mum lives with them...scary scenario LOL

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Two words: Fist. Pump.
    One word: Awesome.

4. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

dang. we still use spoiler tags.
    That kiss. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! I almost bursted and that was totally worth staying up late the night before going back to school after three weeks of spring vacation. SO WORTH IT. [I had work to do anyway]

Wasn't it just so sweet that Wendy would torture Henry like that because she realized she didn't actually want to date him with Hodges there? Hodges was the first suspect, and not guilty. :guffaw: Even more sweet was that he took the blame so that Wendy wouldn't have to suffer... SO SWEET. :D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Actually, no. Spoiler tags are still in effect. I didn't spoil, that's why I didn't use them. ;)

See, a similar situation happened before Dead Inside over on CSI:NY. The promo pic look suspiciously like a kiss, but in the episode one of the characters walked away and I wondered if the pic was just a setup to drive me crazy. Then the character turns around, marches back to the other character, kisses them, and walks away. So both of my ships became partially canon in the same, aggravating way.

I absolutely loved that Hodges took the blame for Wendy's pranks.

I also loved how they were kind of circling that table when Hodges was accusing Wendy of being the one that was doing all of the stuff to Henry.

Poor Henry. He always ends up in a pawn in the awkward flirtations of Wendy and Hodges. :lol:

Btw, for all of my Wedges-loving friends:

Clicking (should) go to larger version.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  6. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

I hate it when that happens!
    IS IT CANON OR WHAT?! Gosh. <_<

Oh, and for those who want a super-duper horrendously-enormous desktop-sized image to squeee over instead of doing homework -

I am sooooo making a wallpaper out of that.

....later.

*SQUEEEEEE* first.

7. Baby Jane

Baby Jane Victim

OMG Girls!!!!!! We got it!!!!! It was just like I imagine it woudl have been!! I'm so even more a CSI fan and a Wedges fan!!!! Oh yea, I can even tell you how happy I am and how awesome this was!! :adore::adore::adore:

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

We are permitted for spoilertagless speech now, btw. (It's after the ep airs in CA, which is, like, 2AM EST.

I'm glad that we were right about him throwing (what was that? a piece of paper?) something at her. We didn't think that there was anything irritated in the motion, and we were right.

Another thing we were right about (I'm clearly enjoying this) is that Wendy finally just got fed up and kissed him. What's even better is that he fell on his sword for her, and that's probably the biggest reason. (I missed it because I was doing homework, but did he actually get in any trouble? Henry's reaction looked like Catherine was just like "eh. whatever.")

...Oh my gods, if this Avatar promo pops up one more time I'm going to burn every copy of the movie in Target. *glares*

9. riddick

riddick Rookie

The whole thing is going to end up on his personal record, not a petty consequence

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I thought that was chivalrous of Hodges to have done what he did when Catherine confronted him/them about the pranks pulled on Henry. Taking one for Wendy, given the punishment. He gave her the opportunity to keep her record clean, for future advancements....and that spoke volumes on his part. Yeah, he really does want her to be happy. Whether it be in the lab or out in the field. And I think she now truly realizes that.

I think he was kind of impressed that Wendy went the extra steps in torturing poor Henry with pranks and for once.....HODGES DIDN'T SCREW UP!

At first, when Wendy stated that "it wasn't going to happen," I thought she meant something between her and Hodges, but after viewing that scene again, I realized she was referring to the rain check Henry offered on accounts of canceling their supposed date. Can you say relieved??? I mean, why say that if she meant that in Hodges direction, yet kiss him a minute later. A momentary brain fart.. :lol:.

Now I am not a "squee" kinda gal......but the kiss last night really did it. I was so happy they didn't wait any longer, cause I don't think I would have been able to handle it...lol! I was kinda hoping that it would be Hodges to initiate the kiss...you know, just say the heck with everything else and go after Wendy, but I knew it was going to be Wendy's doings to get the ball rolling. At least he now knows that she likes him back...:lol:

I am just wondering now, what the next step is for them? What will they be like in the next episode...or will we even see or hear any follow up on recent events?

I am also wondering about this conversation that Wendy had with the young cadet about living life through test tubes. I wonder if this holds any hidden meaning of her staying in the lab as opposed to going out into the field as a CSI in the future?

Oh we've got so much to talk about...Haha

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Can't think of a better way to tell him! *g*

When I missed what came of Hodges's "confession", I had also missed the raincheck part. But when I was reading a recap it said that the "never going to happen" comment was directed at the raincheck. Although I must say that it would've been a weird thing to say about someone when you were going to kiss them five seconds later. :lol:

I have a feeling that she might stay in the lab. As soon as Seidel said that thing about how techs are just as important as CSIs, I thought, "She's going to stay a tech, isn't she?"

I am also impressed that Hodges managed to not screw anything up. Look at that, Dave! You don't completely fail at life and you get a kiss out of it!

12. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

I wish she stay. Many bad things happening with CSI on the field...:(

I wonder how much takes the kiss scene have?:p When Wendy kissing David her left hand flat on his shoulder blade and right on the neck. At the next shot both her hands on his neck and fingers slighty curled.:thumbsup:

I don't mind to see behind the scenes video...:drool:

13. riddick

riddick Rookie

Yeah, I noticed that bloop in cutting too..I expect the season 10 dvd boxset to contain some good deleted scenes from this episode...

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yeah, I noticed that, too. They have to do more than one take, though, because there were at least two camera angles. That was the reason for the inconsistency.

I personally want to hear the *commentary*, since there's been one on every Lab Rat episode so far.

I was rewatching (without sound 'cuz I'm at work) that scene, and I saw her say that, and I realized, judging by the expression on his face, that Hodges definitely thought that her "wasn't going to happen" comment was directed at him. That was probably one of the reasons for the confusion on his face after she kissed him.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Yeah, I am super curious...now, to see what the actors have to say about the episode. What they thought of their character development, about having the opportunity to write, etc. Should be a whole lot of interesting....lol. Hopefully they will continue in the tradition of a commentary for each labrat episode. After all, there is more reason this time around, then before....given Wally and Liz's involvement behind the scenes.

Another "expression" I loved, from the episode, was the one on Wendy's face when Hodges took the blame for her pranks and Cath stating that it was going to be put on his permanent record. It looked like guilt yet surprise that he actually did that for her.

The more I re-watch, the more I am enjoying the episode. And according to the little news box over on the side...though there were less viewers from last weeks showing, CSI still claimed top spot......KUDOS Liz and Wally.