Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. riddick

riddick Rookie

Popped in just to say that if anybody wants the link to the commentaries can pm me...I'm the one who uploaded the videos -from my own duly paid collection, didn't steal anything from anyone.

I advise also to search the deleted scene from "One to go"...that's definitely enigmatic....still wonder what the heck it means....

Oh, it's April 4th here, so happy easter to everybody!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Was the "One to Go" deleted scene the one where she commented on the color of his couch out of nowhere? Because yeah, that was definitely interesting.

Happy Easter to you, too! :D

As I read my CSI novels, I'll post if there's anything else Wedges in them, btw.

3. riddick

riddick Rookie

We spent more than a page of the thread trying to figure out what they were hinting at...(Obsession is our second name I suppose...twelve pages about 5 scenes together in the whole season 1o plus two deleted scenes in the previous one!)

Anyway the main takes were:

1. Hodges said it was a sleeper sofa suggesting there was room for two and her reply meant basically "You wish"
    2. Hodges said it was a sleeper sofa and she underlined that it wouldn't be used for sleeping at all. The second take implied an ongoing relationship. Maybe TPTB had ther idea of getting them together and then dropped it.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*laughs* We've been talking about a half-millisecond of a promo for about two pages, so I'm not really surprised. We haven't been given enough to not obsess over little scenes.

Well, for a while they've been doing the back and forth with this snarky-or-not-snarky. Some scenes are interesting (like the deleted one) and others are the typical snark-fights. Which just causes confusion because you can never tell whether they're irritated at each other this season or not.

5. riddick

riddick Rookie

I began having some suspects about their relationship right after "Space Oddity"...There was the "She's fast but she's thorough" comment that has always sounded like a double meaning to me -and Wendy's face didn't tell the contrary lol

Then, the scene around the burnt car in All In...I don't know, they were too much at ease with each other, their attitude towards each other was different from usual...

Then the scene together in "Death and the maiden"...One of the things that bother me this season is that they aren't having scenes together alone; it's like we don't have to know what their relationship is really like. The only scene together alone is this, and is very quite and strange, I mean, where did all the competition, the snarkiness, the intellectual fighting, the aloofness go? I was very surprised to see Wendy showing herself sad and frial in front of Hodges. Very, very surprised.

I hope Field Mice will reveal if and waht happened after Space Oddity...Certainly their relationship has changed and they know that. Even Hodges, which is definitely something.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I don't remember the first point (from the episode, that is), but they're all very good ones, riddick. Something is different.

Space Oddity was something new for them. It was like they realized that they had a lot more in common than they thought. And the longer the episode went on, the more whatever feelings they have got pushed forward. SO was kind of like something that forced a light on their interactions and forced them to see a bit deeper into their individual feelings.

Wendy was in a bit of denial, because let's be honest here, at times Hodges is kind of a jackass. She didn't want to like him, so she convinced herself that she didn't. In SO she realized it, whether she wanted to or not.

Hodges knew of his crush on Wendy, but didn't seem to realize what he had done wrong as far as she was concerned. When she confronted him in SO, he had no choice but to think long and hard about the way he acts.

I think that once SO kicked both of them out of those previously-set comfort zones, their interactions became less competitive and antagonistic because of those feelings. I think that both of them realized that they had to be a little less defensive around each other, and I think that's why Wendy was comfortable enough to be so raw around Hodges in DatM. I think that SO opened her eyes a lot, like I said before, and I think she finally realized that he's not intentionally being a jerk. I think she also realized that any time he's hurt her, it hasn't been malice. She can be upset around him because he's not looking for reasons to antagonize her; he legitimately wants to help her because he "wants her to be happy". So their interactions have been more subdued because they've both realized that they can- and sometimes should.

Do I think that theories that they're already together are accurate? No. Do I think that there's been a significant change in their relationship and their behavior towards each other? Definitely.

I've been thinking about that shot, and for some reason I just don't think that it's from Field Mice. I'm just thinking about the promo pics that we've gotten from FM and the information on the general plot, and for some reason I just haven't thought of a reason that they'd be in one of their labs in their labcoats.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

:lol: Leave it to us to take up several pages to thoroughly dissect those rare scenes between these two, even if it's only a fraction of a millisecond in length. After all, it seems that those scenes are like sacred treasures this season.

As for the whole comfort zone? I would say they found it during SO after feelings started coming out into the open!

Personally, I am rooting for the "possible" kiss to be a part of the Field Mice episode for the simple fact that if we don't get our long overdue wedges scenes in this episode, then they once again become scarce...or worse, scenes that could have been, only to be deleted. Yet on the other hand though, why show a scene like that in a nationwide promo, only to delete it? Oh I dunno, possibly because tptb can do so? But I also like the idea of the "supposed" kiss to be in another episode for the simple reason....it gives us another episode for a steamy H&W scene.

will be back later to comment more on the recent posts when I get more free time...keep discussing...:lol:

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, if we don't have enough new stuff, we might as well go back and tear apart every other millisecond of screentime. :lol:

I didn't really like SO because of the fantasies which were, IMO, a bit overdone. However, I loved it for the little scene at the end when they figure out what the murder weapon was and then awkwardly shake hands. Because there was a reason for the awkwardness- like you said, DJ, they found that comfort zone in this episode, and, ironically, for the rest of that episode there was a lot of discomfort. The good news is that they seem to have left that discomfort behind, at least for now.

I'm not saying that I don't want that scene to be in Field Mice (because unless it's in Irradiator it will be much too far away for my liking), and I completely know where you're coming from with the worry that it will be a deleted scene. Because that would be just like CBS.

If they did delete that scene, they'd have a very, very unhappy fangirl on their hands.

9. kieutuan

kieutuan Civilian

I went and watch the promo. Even without dialogue IMO they are hinted at H/W as something. How much or how little who know. But do notice that they are framed close together and extra framed by the car door. I canĀ“t wait to "hear" the dialogue. Please DJ do your magic when you have the time

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well I think my obsession with this ship is founded in the fact that IMO Hodges is the last querk(?) left since Griss and IMO the best aspect of LV is the querks(?). With out that the show would be CSI Miami:guffaw::guffaw:. Do note that my other ship is from Miami.:guffaw:
    Back on track the other characters from LV is intriguing and fun and I love the show but Hodges and Labrats is the best parts of the show. IMO they are allowed more banter and comic lines then the (A) - characters.

So every scene with Hodges is good for the show and for me:lol::lol:. Hence the nitpicking of scenes

11. riddick

riddick Rookie

So, deeper into obsession..About Wendy

a. As I already said, I LOVE the way she acts with jerky machos who hit on her...She displays so much loathe and despisement that it makes me appreciate how patient and tolerant she manages to be towards Hodges. How come he doesn't realize that no matter how jerk he could have been, he always got a second chance with her, a woman who can have almost any man by clapping hands?? He' so clever and SO DULL!

b. Anytime I watch Wendy's fantasy at end of SO I cannot help noticing that she's trying to come to terms with Hodges' inhibitions about working together and having an affair. She had asked him out, so she surely didn't have the same kind of doubts as he. He does indeed, and it's like she "reconsiders" the whole thing in order, once again, to give him the time and the possibilty to understand.

I wonder if she actually spent the last year waiting patiently and how this makes her feel right now...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

WENDY: You are the dumbest smart guy I know.

It's funny cuz it's true. She knows it and tells him and he still can't figure it out and it's been almost two years. :lol:

She's probably so patient when it comes to him because she knows he's not really trying to be a jerk. He just sometimes kinda is. Although all emphasis still goes on "brilliant but stupid."

13. csimiamigirl

csimiamigirl Hit and Run

I Saw The Promo for Next week's Episode and Can't Wait to See it i Hope we get some Great Wedges Scenes I wonder whats going to happen cause i really found anything about the episode But anyway could ya'll please tell me what some of your Favorite Wedges Scenes cause i KNOW i haven't seen them all

14. riddick

riddick Rookie

I saw the promo too and what can I tell...a week ahead from today and I may be loving Hodges more than I do now, and that's something! So sweet, so Hodges and so Wedges!

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Wow Riddick

Are we/promo in Tubeland or are you once again blessed with something special?