Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brassy, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baby Jane

Baby Jane Victim

I totally agree wih you. I don't want the characters to lose their personnality and their originality either. I don't want them to become lame and boring, or I don't want the writers to forget them after they become a couple.

2. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Even TPTB wouldn't do that... well, not on purpose anyways. I'm not sure about them being an official couple, but I could definitely hear the bantering that would ensue. I would be fine with them being a couple as long as they are still completely themselves. I can't abide out-of-character-ness.

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I don't know why, but everytime I see Wendy and Hodges in the same scene, acting the way they have as of late, it always makes me think that there is still something more going on between the couple then what we were given in 'A Space Oddity.' I'm aware that Hodges was basically stating (or at least hinting) that he has put his job first, but the feeling hasn't gone away since I first sensed it a while back. I know that it's more then likely just me...lol!

Anyway, I was glad that the writers wrote a scene in the finale for us wedges fans. I mean for the first half of the season, we were without pretty much, in favor of Grissom and his lead up to his departure and welcoming Ray to the team. It was actually refreshing to see.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

It's probably just you, DJ.

I'm kidding. Although I've probably not seen it the way you have, I've certainly had a different impression of their scenes recently. I'm not entirely sure what it is. Maybe it's caused from the distinctive lessening of their rivalry recently? It seems to me sometimes that their relationship has become less of a competition and more of a "we get annoyed every time the other does something stupid". Am I making sense or is this just jargon?

5. DJRideout

Perhaps that is all it is....a lessening of their rivalry...but it's something. If that is the case, that kinda sucks. Actually, the more I think about it now, the more I think that makes the most logical sense. I mean, season 8 was all about the battles of wit between the two, yet season 9, of what we had of the pair, they were more tolerable of the other. But then, they are more aware of their feelings toward each other this time around, then earlier on.

I think I prefer them the way they were in 'You Kill Me.' That flirty banter! The writers are softening them up.

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

It's not necessarily a bad thing, though. While their rivalry is part of the fun, there are only so many different ways they can taunt each other without getting repetitive. Not that it has, of course, but I like that their relationship is progressing. It's almost like the more they taunt each other, the less they actually need to. You Kill Me was like a restart of the rivalry which hadn't been seen much since Lab Rats. Interestingly, their interactions have been more serious ever since For Warrick. Although they didn't have a scene in that episode, they sat next to each other at the funeral, so I can make reference to it. Consider 19 Down and One to Go. 19 had a scene between them that was more about him ignoring Grissom, and in One he goes to her as Grissom is leaving. Those are both more serious things. And while Space Oddity also played on the humorous aspects of their relationship, there was also a small undercurrent of a more serious consideration of their feelings. Mascara had a very small scene that was almost the normal flirty banter, but it was so short that it felt to me like it was almost like a way of pointing out that that relationship still exists, but in a smaller sense.

Okay, I think I might be getting way too analytical.

7. Baby Jane

Baby Jane Victim

I kinda agree with you, guys, about the lack of competiton between them we've seen so far. But I think it's because we didnt have a lab scene long enough so the the writers could do this. I mean, in Space oddity, it was about how the actually are in love with each other, vry clearly, so no competiton, and for the rest of the season, we had a total lack of them, so that's why, no "typical" Wedges scenes.

Concerning the final episode: I was pretty happy to see Wendy CSIsing a car like a real CSI. Will se finally be a field CSI in season 10? Mystery. ^_^
    Anyway, she was with Hodges too, and I'm glad we had a scene together in the last episode, for me (for me hun) it means that we willpropably have more in season 10 (OMG season 10 already:adore:!!). I can't wait! *Wedges fangirl mode*

And something else that I wanted to ask you guys: is that true that Liz Vassey will be in the opening credits of season 10? A friend of mine told me but I couldn't find any article about this.

8. DJRideout

I haven't heard anything about that. She and David Berman were added THIS season past, but it was under the special guest appearances. Perhaps in season 10, she may even be moved to the opening sequence, but as for me, I've yet to hear about that one. I know Wally Langham became a series regular back in season 5, but it wasn't until season 8 that he was featured in the cast intros at the beginning (you know, along with BP, MH, PG etc).

I hope to see Wendy doing more field work in season 10, and it'll be interesting to see that if she does venture down the path to becoming a CSI, what Hodges will think of it. Maybe if that is the case, he wouldn't have to face the dilemma of the dreaded "shift change" to be with her. :lol:

But we all know what the producers and the writers are like. They can say one thing and mean another. I actually had a friend ask me if tptb were misleading us into thinking Wendy was going to go into the field, but really it be Hodges...seeing all the field work he's done this season past. Personally, as much as I love seeing him sporting the lvpd vest, I'd rather see Wendy out there and he in the lab. Well, I'd rather them both in the lab, but if it were to be only one...Wendy would be my choice.

9. Baby Jane

Baby Jane Victim

True. But as Liz is in the starring credits since season 6, I think is time! :D
    That would be great!

And I agree about Hodges on the field. He looks like an alien, lol! Even tough he was pretty cool in the dead biker episode. But Wendy looks more... I don't know how to say this... She has more conviction, more passion, maybe, I think she would fit the field perfectly.

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Oh good, I wasn't the only one who noticed... I'm thinking it might be one of those behind the scenes things. I hope that TPTB don't try to cover up anything, 'cause it's nice seeing little glimpses once in a while.

11. all falls down

all falls down Dead on Arrival

I think this is the oddest/cutest pairing ever! Haha. That Star Trek (or was it Star Wars?) episode was pretty hilarious.

Cynical Hodges and a pretty (but kind of weird) Wendy. They're a perfect match xD

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey all falls down, welcome to the thread!

You hit the nail right on the head... I love seeing the way they snark at each other and I hope that TPTB will give them more screen time next season. *crosses fingers* Some character development wouldn't hurt either...

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i quite like the idea of wendy & hodges. i've always liked hodges - his cynicism and almost-meanness kind of appeal to me. i've always thought wendy was cool too (and so beautiful). i really enjoyed lab rats, it was really funny, and i thought they worked pretty well together. not sure how i'd feel about it on a more long term basis but i like it for now :)

14. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey lisa, good to see you in this neck of the woods...

They do make a pretty good team... I wish that TPTB would let them work together once in a while 'cause we really haven't seen so much this season. Hodges and Wendy have been great without being out of character and I hope that it doesn't get screwed up.

15. CSIChick

CSIChick Dead on Arrival

I love the Hodges & Wendy relationship- in Atro Quest... that was a great episode for the both of them... and what's great is that, at the end of that episode, Wendy had a fantasy about HODGES... hahaha, yesss- Hodges and Wendy have to be together, they are perfect for each other and make me smiley... it's geek love!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.