Heroes

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by xforce11, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Notes on Cold Wars:
    :) -I'm liking the smaller-focus of these episodes. So far there have been fewer plots to follow in one episode, which for me makes it easier to comprehend.
    :( -I'm not really fond of Matt's new power. Personally, I'd rather us not have some looming apocalypse for at least half a season. :rolleyes:
    :D -DAPHNE! YAY! I didn't see the episode until 9:30 tonight, and during school my friend was telling me the basics of what I missed. I almost started laughing in the middle of math when she told me that Daphne wasn't dead. I knew she wasn't because of spoilers, but there had been many fake Heroes spoilers, and I was worried that this was one of them.
    :thumbsup: -Loved the callbacks to Company Man. Why is it that in order for us to understand some of HRG's motivations, Matt needs to break into his mind? On second thought, what is it with Matt and kidnapping/hostage-taking Noah?
    :cool: -So.... Noah's working with Angela? Made of win.
    :shifty: -I'm guessing that Danko has pretty much figured out that Nathan's hiding something. The problem is that if Nathan is found out, there's almost nothing standing between Danko and killing the specials, the first ones he'd find being Mohinder, Tracy, and Daphne. Only one of those do I care about. No offense. And if you don't know which one, I have only one thing to say: "Seriously?!"

:lol: -Side Note: I love that the "Previously on Heroes"s included many scenes that... were completely different from the way they were when they originally aired. :wtf:

2. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I respectfully disagree. :) The last few episodes were okay but I noticed I'm getting a little bored when watching Heroes. I think what your saying is the cause of that. I liked it better when it was more complex.

3. Izod1360

Izod1360 Hit and Run

But when it WAS more complex, people were getting confused and couldn't follow the story as well. And that cost the show to lose a lot of viewers, so they decided to make the episodes more like the ones they did in the 1st, 2nd seasons.

4. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I know why they chose to have fewer story lines in an episode. You didn't have to explain that. I'm just saying I'm not happy about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, right? :)

5. Izod1360

Izod1360 Hit and Run

Yuppers:) I probably should have worded it differently! I was just stating my opinion also.

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I've got no problem with your opinion, AppleJack. :)

I guess the reason I like this is because I tend to enjoy things with more singular focus. I mean, I always seem to navigate towards things like CSI with 1-3 storylines per episode, Numb3rs with 1-2 storylines per episode, and even Harry Potter which is 99% of the time following Harry's perspective in third-person form, which is also single focus. *laughs* Not that you care, but I guess it's just my reasoning behind my opinion, and I'm always interested in reasoning. :lol:

7. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I care. It's good to know what's behind someones opinion. It often helps you to see things in a different way. I think life would be boring if you're only interested in your own views and opinions.

Now I want to explain what might be behind my opinion. Is it contagious? :D

I have issues with change. :rolleyes: Particularly when I'm happy with the way things are. It makes me feel a bit uneasy. Let's just say that I need time to adapt to some changes. Give me some time and maybe I'll say the change with Heroes was for the better. Also I'm addicted to information. I 'need' lots of information and preferably as much as possible at the same time. And yes, it can be exhausting sometimes. :lol:

8. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

This latest ep was awesome. This season (fugitives) is definitely better than the previous ones. Was it just me, or was the beginning of the ep actually slightly funny? There was some parts that made me laugh, for example Matt's expressions at the camera :lol: and before that there were few others too, but now I can't remember what they were.

It was nice to have Claire's mother helped Claire and Alex. Finally she got to do something else than argue with Noah. Wonder what happens to Alex now.. And how is it that Peter flew after he was shot and then still needed Nathan to get the flying-ability again?
    Sure, I read somewhere that Peter was going to get his previous ability back, but I wonder..
    Didn't he have the Parkman-ability going on at the time? That was bugging me for the whole ending. Did I miss something important there (with Peter and abilities) or was it just .. mixed up..

9. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

he didn't fly by himself. if you looked closely it was Nathan who caught him and flew off.

anyone else curious about REBEL. i think that REBEL is Angela. she seems like the only other person to help out.

10. andunesilme

:wtf: Whoa, really? Nathan caught him? I didn't notice that, I must watch the ep again.

After this ep I suspect that rebel could be Micah (maybe working with someone else..). Who else is that good with computers and machines? And the computer where Peter and Matt got their first rebel-message was shut when the armed guys came in. Or at least Angela is working with someone who knows computers (etc). But I really can't come up with anything better, and the writers still leave me amazed with every plot twist.

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think "rebel" is actually Noah and Angela working together.

Yep, Nathan came to Peter's rescue, then Peter took his power again and took off on his own.

Poor Matt. That Hunter guy is really evil.

12. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

wow no one has posted anything in a while! so...how about that season finale? i thought that was an interesting way to end a season. poor Nathan :(. can't wait to see Angela's plan blow up in ther face next season :devil:.

i think that Sylar will either change into a good guy or just be really pissed and get revenge on everyone. but that's just my thinking.

13. andunesilme

It's really hard to find this thread when it's not in the front page :eek: I was looking for this few weeks ago, but didn't find it ^^

But, yay, I liked the season finale! It was like the first season of Heroes, amazing. I'm so looking forward to see how this Nathan-Sylar-arc is going to play out, but I would be happy to see them both on doing their own things instead just being in one body :D And Peter with many powers! Haha, that's what I've been wishing for since he lost them, it was weird to see Peter with just one ability. This is much better.

Oh, and I was kinda afraid when Hiro had problems with his ability, 'cause i had been reading spoilers that three people were to die before the end of the season. He's not actually my favorite character, but I feel like he's too important to get rid of.. He was the one with the 'save the cheerleader, save the world' mission going on in the season 1. I'm happy that it seems that he's surviving :D wonder what is going to happen with his power from now on.

Tracy's got new power, wow, that sound's great. I wonder how did that happen.. from ice to water. But anyhow. I hope the Vol. Five is going to be great! At least better than vol. 2 and first eps of vol. 3.

14. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

A little late. Just watched the finale now and I could totally rant about this show for a while :rolleyes:

I'm not even expecting great things anymore and just stick around for a few charas and actors but pleaaaase after 3 seasons it's sometimes nearly painful to follow the "plot" (yeah joke )...

I still love some snark lines ,charas interactions or scenes like Peter getting one over Sylar with his shapeshifting .But there are so many holes in it ,it's like the writers just use "good" ideas but without communication between them or a bigger picture .

One of the important things would really be a "can and can't do"- bible of the powers...
    - We didn't loose HRG thanks to Claire's blood that suddenly can resurrect people - why not use it on Nathan ? (One reason could be that Claire doesn't have the catalyst anymore ,but then give us that reason...)

- Hiro zapped 400 y through time and stopped it many times ,always without prob and now after he regained his powers (how exactly ?) he get's the "don't use your powers or you could die" card if he stoppes time a little ? (just so they can say ,hey we gave our heroes a few boundaries ?)

- In order to regain his memory Hiro got healed by his mother , so memory loss would be a physical cause because of defect synapses or something ... then why is (or was by the Haitian) it even possible to alter Sylars (or Claire's) memory , Claire can't even get drunk because of her regeneration...

- After frozen Tracy got shot you could see her eye blink so of course she was alive , but now she can control water without probs ,so that would mean she can also control fog or so - guess she has to be powerful afterall she seems to be the new evil :rolleyes:

- Peter absorbed Sylars shapeshifting power but instead of using Peter as Nathan temporaryly they rather use a psychotic in the end always uncontrollable Sylar :shifty:

- If Matt suddenly is so powerful that he can change a personality ,they could have easily influenced the president that people with powers aren't that dangerous or will be dealt with in secret.....

Other biiig dissapointment is "same old" and no chara development:
    Nathan got one of his crazy ideas ,suddenly all was forgiven and they stopped the big bad ,forgot a few charas and plotlines along the road, they all go their own ways ...
    Hiro is still a childish brat with more luck than brain ; HRG and Angela get a new company ( again) and will neeeeever lie to their families again- no sorry my mistake they allready started lying because its better this way...; Sylar will get another identity chrises; Peter goes back to all naiv and forgiving; Claire is a whiny brat but that's at least ok 'cause she's just in that Teeny phase (still annoys me :p )...
    I would prefer one of the dark futures at least there the charas had really evolved...

Ok think I'll stop here or I could go on ;) ...I'm weak so I'll still come back for next season :lol: and I'll watch the charas but most of all Sylar ,HRG and Peter till the bitter end (and love the actresses of Angela and Sandra):adore:. It's just so frustrating and I nearly wish the actors would get some new and hopefully better roles ...

PS: sorry for my english ;)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

anybody knows when is the season premiere scheduled for?

i'm getting excited about it. although i thought making Sylar transform to Nathan through Matt's suggestive powers was jumping the shark big time, i'm kind of warming up to the idea. still, i couldn't believe Nathan died.