Hell on Earth, the life of Sara Sidle

Next chapter, this one is short and only conversation, I'll have the next one up soon.

“Susan”
“Hi Susan, it’s Sara”
“Uh, Oh, ahh”
“Something tells me you didn’t expect this call”
“Oh, it has been so long! How are you Sara? You disappeared so suddenly…”
“Cut the crap Susan! We both know you have been working on my death for months now.”
“I don’t know what you mean”
“Give me Tracy back”
“I don’t have Tracy, she killed herself”
“And you living states over would know that because? I know the letter was fake and I know she is still alive.”
“Let’s say you are right, why would I let her go?”
“Because you get me and Grissom in return…”
“And why would I want you?”
“Because I will do everything you like, if you want to rape me, torture me or kill me, I will not resist. If you don’t take me, I will not run, I will not disappear again but I will fight you even if it is the last thing I do.”
“Meet me on the roof of the Four Seasons tower in an hour, come alone, unarmed, I don’t need Grissom”
“As you wish”

“What did she say?”
“That I have to go to the Four Seasons Tower, alone”
“You know what it would do to me to lose you?”
“Yes. The same it would do to me to lose Tracy.”
“I understand”
“Goodbye Grissom”
“Sara, I can’t keep you here, remember I will always love you.”
“I will, and I love you too”
“Please remember a few lines from that song.

Sara, Sara, Wherever we travel we're never apart.
Sara, Sara, Beautiful lady, so dear to my heart.
Sara, Sara, Lovin' you is the one thing I'll never regret.
Sara, Sara, Don't ever leave me, don't ever go.”

“You’re too sweet.”
“bye Sara”
“bye Grissom”

It's really cool! Go on with this! Don't let Trace die! Or you will! No, just kidding! But ehrm.. please update!

So, next chapter, hope you like it:

The elevator ride took ages, no wonder, the building was 789 feet tall and had 64 floors! While counting the floors, I started to get nervous. No wonder since I would probably leave the building flying off the roof or in a body bag…
My only concern at the moment was Tracy, I needed to make sure she stayed alive. The doors opened, there I was, on the 64th floor. I got out and walked to the fire stairs, the steps seemed huge, one door left. Behind this door was the place I would probably die. I took the gun I carried with me out of my coat’s pocket. I hated guns, but Greg insisted that we had one in the van in case we needed to escape an attack and I thought it would be wise to be able to protect myself until Tracy was safe.
I applied pressure to the red “emergency” bar you needed to push down in order to open the door. I pushed it open in one go and held the gun in front of me. What I saw was horrific, Tracy laid, wearing blood stained clothes, in the middle of the roof, on the other side stood Susan together with Robyn, both with a pistol in their hands. The roof wasn’t just one surface though, there were two areas, one higher than the one we stood on.

“Put the gun down Sara!” Robyn shouted
“I will, after Tracy is safe down those stairs and in the elevator”
“Put it down now or I will shoot Tracy though the head!”
“You will not, because then I will shoot one of you”
“Give it up Sara! You will not win this!”
Susan slowly walked closer, her gun aimed at my face
“You will never risk Tracy’s life, you have gotten yourself in too much danger to risk her.”
“Watch me”
“Yes I will, I will watch you beg, beg for me to end the pain that you are going to experience, and after that, I will watch you jump off this building, plummeting to your ultimate demise”

Oh great, she wasn’t even going to give me the luxury of a quick, painless last moment.
Robyn came closer too now and stepped over Tracy, who in return wasn’t as unconscious as she seemed and grabbed Robyn’s leg, causing her to land face down on the roof. Tracy quickly grabbed her gun and pointed it at Robyn who was now trying to get back on her feet.

“You, stay down!”

When she didn’t obey, Tracy hit her with the side of the gun, knocking her unconscious.
I walked over to Tracy, still pointing my gun at Susan, and let her use my hand to stand up.

“Game over!” Tracy said with a for me unfamiliar smile on her face, she aimed her gun at Susan put her finger on the trigger.
“I’ll put the gun down, no problem, just don’t shoot me! Please!” and Susan carefully laid the gun on the ground and stepped back
“Stop Tracy, I will not let you kill her!”
I didn’t think Susan really deserved to live, but Tracy would definitely be sent to prison if the police ever found out and I didn’t want to let Tracy make a killer of herself. She was too good, she didn’t deserve to have that on her conscience.
“Why not? She wouldn’t hesitate to kill me now”
“Because you are a good person, good people don’t stoop to Susan’s level”
“You are right, I will not give her that satisfaction, we’ll give her to the police”
“That is the only right decision”
“I’ll go and get some rope, it’s in her bag” she said and walked away to a different part of the roof to fetch the rope.
“Please Sara, no police!”
“I’ll give you the choice, or you’ll turn around and jump, or you’ll come with us and we will hand you over, it’s your decision.”
“Fine, I will surrender.”
“wise choice, I would hate to get blood on my hands”
Unfortunately, I hadn’t noticed Robyn regained consciousness….

Maybe that was something you shouldn't have said.... ;-)

Next one:

What happened next is difficult to describe, due to the strong winds I never heard Robyn sneak up to me, she grabbed hold of both my shoulders and threw me on my back, dove on top of me, jerked the gun out of my hands and hit me on the head with it.

>>>Tracy’s>POV>>>>
I ran to the other side of the roof, around the corner, to get Susan’s bag, she kept the rope in it she used before to restrain me. I opened the bag and pulled it out, when I did, something fell out, an envelope. Since Sara only had one person to look after and had a gun, I thought I could have a look and see what was inside. After I tore it open and unfolded the letter inside, I started to read. It was a suicide note! To be precise, my suicide note! So Susan planned to make my death look like suicide…
I had to hand it to her, she had planned it perfectly. I was the perfect person to take my own life, I had lost everything, no one would doubt that I jumped off the Four Seasons Tower except two teens who had ran away from home and walked around with forged ID papers.
Was my life really reduced to that? No one would miss me when I killed myself? Death would be painless, if I just moved a few yards in the right direction it would be over within seconds.

Falling feels like flying, until you hit the ground…

No! That is so not the way I want my life to end, I am the strong girl, I got through this stuff! Sara needed me to deal with Susan first, after that I could continue my stupid emo thinking. So I put the letter back in the bag, picked it up and started running back. When I turned the corner and expected to see Sara pointing a gun at Susan’s head, I was the one with a gun in my face, Robyn was waiting for me.
“Give that to me” she said as she took the bag and the gun from my hands, she threw the gun to Susan who stood next to the motionless body of Sara, Sara Sidle, the girl who risked her life to safe mine was as good as dead.

“Robyn, please consider this, don’t be like this! You are not a killer, Susan maybe, but not you! She will betray everyone in order to win, she has no conscience, no ethics and no reflection!” ((ok, I stole this one from Frasier))
“I know, do you really think I would do this if I had a choice? If I don’t help her, Susan will kill my sister.”
“You have a gun, you can get us out of here! When we are, we will protect your sister, you have seen how far Sara and I have made it!”
“How about Greg? She got to him!”
“I know, we won’t let it happen again.”
“That’s enough Robyn!” Susan shouted across the roof as she saw that I was talking to Robyn.

>>Back>to>Sara’s>POV>>>>

When I came to, my vision was blurred a little at first, but my eyes got used to the light amazingly fast. What I saw wasn’t pleasant. I saw Robyn pointing a gun at Tracy’s face and Susan stood next to me holding one.

“That’s enough Robyn!”
“I really wish I could help you Tracy, I just can’t”
“I understand” she replied
“Get the **** over here you stupid sleeparound!”
I could see this was something Susan shouldn’t have said, Robyn froze, she took a moment to process all the hate that came flooding up inside her and direct it at Susan.
“You know what, she is right, you don’t give a shit about anyone but yourself. I could drop dead here and you wouldn’t even finch!” She blasted at Susan while she raised her gun and pointed it at the girl’s head.
“Then do so!” Susan blasted back as she pulled the trigger and Robyn fell to her knees, thank god Susan wasn’t a great shooter, she hit Robyn in the shoulder. She walked over to her and kicked the gun away.

Next one:

>>Grissom’s>POV>>>
As soon as Sara left the apartment, I ran outside and grabbed a cab to follow her. I knew it wasn’t the wisest thing to do, but I had no choice, I couldn’t let the girl I loved die without doing anything to stop it! When I reached the Four Seasons I ascended using the elevator and peaked through the door to the roof. There I saw Sara holding a gun to Susan’s head, this was all right I thought so I decided to go to the upper level of the roof to have a better view. When I peaked over the edge however, I saw Robyn on the ground in a pool of her own blood and Susan aiming a gun at Tracy’s head. I freaked out, I needed to get down there, because when Susan was done with Tracy, she would kill Sara.
I never ran so fast down stairs, I threw the door open and stood on the roof where Sara was still laying down, Robyn laid in a pool of blood and Susan forced Tracy to sit on her knees.
“Ah! Grissom! Why did I expect to see you here? Well, it doesn’t matter, the more people see what I do with people like her the better!”
“You’ll never get off this roof! You’ll have to kill all of us!” Sara shouted at her.
“And I will, with pleasure!” She said as she pulled the hammer of the revolver back and put her finger on the trigger.
“Say good night Tracy!”
For a moment I thought she was going to shoot her right there, in the head, until..
“No, that’s too easy! No fun! Let’s do it this way.”
Susan grabbed Tracy’s shoulder and pulled her to her feet, she dragged Tracy to the edge of the roof. Tracy knew that resisting was useless, Susan would kill her if she could, this way or another.
“Be a good girl and jump”
“No”
“What did you say?”
“NO!”
“Jump or I’ll finish your new found heroic friend Robyn off!”
Hearing Susan say her name, Robyn made a successful attempt to sit up.
“You’ll kill me anyway, or I’ll bleed out on this roof.”
“In that case I’ll help you get off this roof, say good night Tracy!” Susan said with a sadistic smirk on her face as she aimed her gun carefully and shot.

The next few seconds took place in slow motion, the bullet hit Tracy in the chest, the force of it made her fall backwards. Due to her proximity to the edge of the roof, she fell over and her body disappeared.

Falling feels like flying, until you hit the ground and everything is beautiful

Next chapter, tell me what you think

>>Sara’s>POV>>>
My mind refused to register what just had happened, I refused to believe that Tracy had just been shot and fallen off a 64 story building, I refused to believe that the only one who tried to stop this was shot herself and I refused to believe that my life would probably end soon too.

“Grissom, get the hell out of here, or I’ll kill you too!”
“I am not leaving Sara here”
“Yes you are Grissom” I said to him, although I didn’t believe he would give up that easy “go, if I get killed, that doesn’t mean you have to die too”
“If that’s what you want, I’ll go.”
“Thank you Grissom, that’s the only wise decision you can make here.”
“Please Sara, come back alive, I can’t live without you”
“You can, and you will”
“Go Grissom, or you will go in a bodybag!” Susan screamed at him.
He slowly started walking backwards, not taking his eyes off of me, when he reached the door, he was near tears.
“Goodbye Sara”

“Now let the party continue, who’s next?”
“take me” I said.
“How do you want to go? You wanna walk over that edge?”
“Never”
“Why not? It would be nice and quick, painless… If I would end it for you, it would be a lot more fun for me, but a lot more painful for you.”
“I will never take my own life in front of your eyes”
“I respect that, you know something? I’ll make it quick, you have been through enough already. I have two guns here, my own and yours, I’ll shoot you with your own gun.”
As Susan aimed the gun on my head, she knew something was wrong. She had two guns, when I first came on the roof, there were three, Susan, Robyn and me had one.
A gunshot sounded, for a second I thought that I was dead, until I saw Susan slowly falling to the ground. She was dead before she hit it.

“Robyn!”
When the smoke of the gunshot disappeared, I saw Robyn holding the gun Susan kicked away earlier, she was in tears.
“You saved my life!”
“I killed someone”
“She was a bad person”
“She was my only friend for years, she pretended to like me for years and only moments after I found out, I killed her…”
“You can’t stay here Robyn, we need to get the hell off this building before the cops show up and start asking questions.”
“I don’t want to, I want to be caught, plus, I was shot remember?”
“You will spend the rest of your life in jail! They will think you killed two people! Please, let me take care of you. Do you have a cellphone?”
“In my pocket.”
As I helped her take it out, she looked at me.
“Sara, please, take me out of here”

Back