HC/DC's Thread #10 - Will The Real Horatio Please Stand Up?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

Re: Horatio's Thread #5 - Will The Real Horatio Please Stand

Hi Neteret,
    I too am an older fan of David Caruso. I am 43 and that puts me up there with the elder crowd. I understand the different perspective of being a fan of sorts. I remember when I was younger in high school I had a real intense crush on Tom Selleck. So when I joined the Navy I took orders to Hawaii just so I could be 'near' him so to say. I never expected to actually see him out there. But I did have the oppertunity to meet him while they filmed Magnum PI out there. That was a experience I will never forget. Now that I am older this whole fan thing is very different for me. I do not have that 'intense crush thing' for David Caruso but I appreciate his talent and protrayal of Horatio Caine. Watching the many facets of this charactor makes me feel better, it give me a kind of joy to watch someone like him. I have learned over the years to appreciate the negative aspects of charactor along with the positive. The balance is important and more realistic for me. Realistic Horatio Caine is not the most handsome, pretty, macho (feel free to insert more words here) but for me its whats inside the charactor/person that sold me. On my fave actor list no one is under 45. I realzed this the other day and knew that I am now not in that younger set anymore. I hope this makes sense to you.

Rebecca

Also I was wondering if you are the one who wrote the "Horatio Harem' series. I really enjoyed them

Also just a note. I know most people on this thread think that Horatio is the most handsome man on the planet and I find that wonderful so please don't take my comment on him not being or such as realistically most people do not find him attractive at all and that was what I was trying to point out.

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Not really - well, not for me. ;) I think DC is unconventionally handsome which makes him more appealing to me. There is alot of character etched in his face (one could almost say he looks weathered!) and that's what I like. I've never been very keen on pretty boy actors. I like them more when they have aged a little. :)

With Horatio, it is definitely the combination of character and looks that I admire.

3. mango

mango Victim

Amen! :D :)

Linz
    xxx

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm actually only about 30% interested in his looks. What first appealed to me, was his heroism and his compassionate nature toward victims. So even though I'm not in the 'elder' crowd, I still appreciate him without going gaga over his every picture. :p (Although every now and then... :devil: )

5. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

It wasn't Horatio's looks that got me hooked. It was his compassion for kids & victims. Like he felt their pain right along with them. Yes, he's very good looking. He's got a great personality. As far as a crush crush. Naw, not like I had on David Cassidy Or Bobby Sherman. This is more of an admiration for him for all he does. Hope this all made sense. Sorry if it didn't. LOL From an elder crowd. LOL

6. horatio_love

horatio_love Police Officer

7. Finch

Excellent picture horatio_love :D It's one of Horatio's more...Unique shots. :p I mean that in the best way. ;)

8. katpin31791

Hmmm love the pic horatio_love. Yummy is all I can say. *sigh*

9. LtKitty

LtKitty Pathologist

Mr. Cool! :D thank you horatio_love !

in this one he looks like Angel..or it's just me who see it :p
    Guardian Angel
    Zoom! :lol:

10. Finch

That first picture is breathtaking. He does look kind of like an angel there. *snif* It's too bad that in season four he lost his wings. :(

But great second picture! See? RED HAIR. :p (I can't believe I'm still going on about that. :lol: )

11. LtKitty

LtKitty Pathologist

oh, that sounds so sad :( but it's true, he lost his wings in S4 :( Quick! who have a glue!! we should stick them back! *crying* :(

12. katpin31791

nice pics. thanks

13. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Hey great to see the discussion is buzzing, I had plenty to read!!
    My first impression of spoiler pictures was that H is definately sporting a longer hair style this season!! I think it's ok, any longer and it may be slightly wierd!

I'm with the folks above though, it was really H's character that hooked me first not DC..but he does have such an expressive face and I could just wtach him all day now, it's the blue eyes for me ;)

Well I'm still moving house (it's been forever :rolleyes:) but I'll be back soon once I get my new broadband connected! looking forward to it :D

14. inge

inge CSI Level Two

I like H's character because he cares about the people in his life.
    He also cares about people who are strangers like the victims or people who lost someone.
    I appreciate his character. :)

BTW, I'm 23 and I really enjoy discussing things with people from different countries and age groups.

15. mango

mango Victim

Hubba hubba! :eek: :devil: And no, it ain't just you who sees it! ;)

Linz
    xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.