Hawaii Five-0: The next generation

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dynamo1, Jul 24, 2010.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Jin! I miss Lost. :(

I totally forgot that Jean Smart was going to be the governor! She's a favorite of mine--totally cool to see her!

2. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I watched the premiere and thought it was OK. I liked the McGarrett-Danno frenemies interaction. That was amusing. But the show still seems somewhat mediocre somehow.

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^ i agree. the pilot wasn't like "holy crap that was amazing". it's entertaining and the guys are totally hot so i will tune in for that. this is a good fill for a monday night i'll most likely look forward to watching it after being in class all day.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I wanted to see Spike and Gavin Park (James Marsters and Daniel Dae Kim) lol...I still like a fix of Whedon-cast when I can get it. But I still miss Alex on Moonlight!!!!!

Mom loves the original...I didn't know it was on Spike though. Here, it's on ME-TV.

5. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Breakout new show of the season for me. I love the dynamic and chemistry between all 4 main characters and I love seeing Jin and Boomer (hehe :lol:) on tv again.
    Scott Caan makes a good comedy sidekick to Alex O'Loughlin but I like that he can be his own character as well.

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I totally agree! They have a great rapport between them. Look forward seeing more of these two chastising each other, lol!

I wasn't too impressed with the premiere but really enjoyed Monday night's episode, glad I stuck with it!

7. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Yeah me too. it was great to see more of Grace Park's character since we saw the least of her in the pilot.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I liked last night's episode (haven't watched the pilot yet). I thought it was funny when McGarrett says "book 'em Danno" and Danny says he didn't like that and McGarrett said he thought it was catchy lol.

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Hah, I actually thought the first episode was better... :lol: Either way, still liked the second one a lot too. I think this show is a definite keeper for me.

It's weird beause technically this show isn't really doing anything new or groundbreaking... but that just goes to show you what a character chemistry means in the long run. As well as good dialogue and decent storytelling, of course. ;)

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW

Question: Hawaii Five-O scoop?

Ausiello: Newly unemployed Lone Star star James Wolk should call his agent, because the CBS reboot is casting the perfect part for him: a possibly two-faced old buddy of McGarrett’s who’s visiting the islands as a bodyguard for a controversial Third World leader.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Last night's episode was decent, but the sister's presence was kind of wasted. All they did was stick her in a room at the station the whole entire time. What exactly was the point of her being in the episode? :lol:

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

It's weird, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they'll have her recurring, every once in a while?

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I didn't see much point to the sister storyline myself. I hope there's going to be some continuity with it since they made such a big deal.

Can I just say I love the interaction between McGarret and Danno? :lol: It truly makes the show at times.

That being said, we didn't see much of Danno Monday but it's probably cause of his real life injury on the set. It was cool to see them incorporate that into the show.

14. RShackleford

RShackleford Victim

This is very cool. I used to watch this show when I was a kid. I am interested to see how this one goes.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass