Have you ever dissected an animal? [like in biology class?]

Posted by wibble1:
Posted by DaWacko:
:eek: I just had this horrible thought...
I'm a duck and..
Agertays...PUT THE KNIFE DOWN!
*waddles away*

Hee hee hee! :lol: You must both be guys...*trips over big egos as she walks out door* :lol: (joking) ;)

*Looks in her pants*
Uh no, I'm still a girl :p I know, I know. My nickname really doesn't tell it... not my fault :p

we had to disect a heart in biology once... it smelt disgusting caus' we were dissecting it in a really hot summer with no air con so it got pretty smelly... and then we had to observe the lungs and trachea of some poor animal... that stunk too... but it was really fun to stick your fingers in the lungs! and then in bio recently we were trying to find out how much enzymes were in liver or something like that and we had to grind up some liver.. and then we had to boil it and that smelt like crap! but it was fun and bloody and... WHEEEE!

I have dissected:
grasshopper (female) lots of eggs
baby shark- really oily
fetal pig (twice)
earthworm- gross
cows eye- strange

I can't think of anything else right now. My cat dissected a mouse the other day :lol: and left what was remaining as a present for me on the porch! He loves his mice!

Posted by DaWacko:
Posted by wibble1:
Posted by DaWacko:
:eek: I just had this horrible thought...
I'm a duck and..
Agertays...PUT THE KNIFE DOWN!
*waddles away*

Hee hee hee! :lol: You must both be guys...*trips over big egos as she walks out door* :lol: (joking) ;)

*Looks in her pants*
Uh no, I'm still a girl :p I know, I know. My nickname really doesn't tell it... not my fault :p

Sorry DaWacko - I feel I owe you an apology saying I thought you were guy :eek: :D Hope I didn't offend you too much. *offers cookie* :)

Posted by tuesdaymorning:
Hated the Earthworm. *shudders*

Why did you hate the worm? :confused: It can't be NEARLY as gross and slimy as a squid!!

I guess I never realized how much there was inside of a worm that I thought there was.

Truthfully, I have no idea. I had the most fun on the squid.

Then again, it could have just been my lab partner. I had a different one for each dissection.

Hmm lets see... what have I dissected?

In Grade 12, I dissected a locust, or large grasshopper.

Then in College, during my bio labs in second semester, I dissected an earthworm, a fish, a crayfish, a rat, and the others (frog, shark or other aquatic life, pig kidney, etc) were pretty much optional. Most people didn't do it b/c we all just wanted to leave the lab (which ran from 3pm - 6pm).

Yep...a frog (we named her Prudence and we knew she was female cuz she was filled to the brim with eggs) and a grasshopper.

I dissected a fetal pig...and by dissected, I mean mutilated....

We worked on it for 2 weeks, put it in preservative for a month, and then continued for another 4 weeks of dissection....God that thing was rank by the time we were done with it!

we had to skin it, cut it's organs open, identify muscles...we even had to break its jaw! the worst part?

It's eyes were open the whole time b/c we couldnt get the eyelids down!

Seriously, by the end, we were so sick of it that when it came time to skin it, my partner and i started making squealing noises every time we made a cut.

and thus we mutalated Bob the pig.

the funny thing? I named the pig...I wanted to call it Wilbur (yes, I am a sick woman) but my partner wouldn't let me....so I just said Bob....it was later that i found out her father, grandfather and brother were all called bob as well..... :lol:

I've never dissected a cat, but I remember that I saw a biology class doing that and, since it was around XMas time and the lab mediator was weird, she was playing XMas music in the background...cats' meowing the tunes of the songs! Eek!

:lol: were we in the same A and P lab last semester? only because we had to dissect a fetal pig as well and literally took the entire pig apart to identify the muscles and veins and arteries, etc... crazy.

the girls in my group were fun and we did have a good time with it, but it was rather disgusting, especially having the same pig for so many weeks.

PS: I love your siggy tag. I just went to a Sarah McLachlan concert last month.... AMAZING is all I can say about the concert!

Posted by ThumpyG:
:lol: were we in the same A and P lab last semester? only because we had to dissect a fetal pig as well and literally took the entire pig apart to identify the muscles and veins and arteries, etc... crazy.

the girls in my group were fun and we did have a good time with it, but it was rather disgusting, especially having the same pig for so many weeks.

PS: I love your siggy tag. I just went to a Sarah McLachlan concert last month.... AMAZING is all I can say about the concert!

I've never even had A&P (although being a bichem major, I'm sure I'll need one at some point)...lol....I dissected the pig in high school bio lab sophomore year...it's just one of those things that stays with you! lol....

and yes, Sarah McLauglan rocks! I'd love to go to a concert...lucky you!!!!!

Back