Have the CSI:Miami writers lost the plot? **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by SwanSwan_H, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

Ever since plotlines and character development starting to suck in season 3, I always thought: "Oh, these are responsible good writers, things will turn out okay." But they really don't.

So I quit watching ever since 'Payback.' Maybe I'll watch them when they air on Dutch tv, but I don't feel the need to see them now. I'd rather see some quality series with well written cases and realistic characters.

2. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I agree with you Fabian, that is what I hoped too. A friend of mine asked me the other day, "Why do you still watch CSI:Miami, because it really isn't very good!"

That was a good question, because the show really is a shodow of it's former self. If I wasn't such a Caruso fan, I wouldn't watch it anymore. Simple as that. There are much, much better shows on tv that could fill my spare time.

So, I voted for the first option! I can still watch seasons 1, 2 and most of 3, and get so much more out of the show.

3. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

To me, 10-7 is CSI: Miami's final episode.
    The end of the Raymond storyline and the end of Miami.
    When Jorja Fox and George Eads got fired of CSI, I considered Bloodlines as CSI's final. Weird me. :)

4. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

I am seriously considering giving up on this show. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But the soap suds are starting to choke me. I might as well be watching Desperate Housewives. If things don't get better soon, I am out the door.

5. docfrog

docfrog Police Officer

I agree with GLW...
    I was so angry about the whole Ray-plotline and that the writers didn't stick to H's background... okay, the show is growing and developing, but since that point, I just kind of fear of what they will do next to Horatio... (and unfortunately, Horatio is the reason for me to watch CSI:Miami)
    And I don't agree with AnnD as she said, that they had to change H's background to a New-York-Story and a murder-story, just because in the backdoor-pilot he said, that he once lost someone: At that point (although no Ray existed so far) it was fitting to him THINKING it was Ray who he lost - so I never thought of this being a conflict to how the resurrection of Ray worked out (which I could have lived withoug - and the whole turnabout of H's character) - and I'm quite sure, that nobody understands, what I'm talking about :D

6. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

docfrog, I know exactly what you're talking about and agree wholeheartedly. :)

7. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Oh yes docfrog I understand what you said perfectly.

I haven't watch S4 yet but based on what I've heard about S4 so far, I voted for 'Yes, but I'll continue to watch regardless'. 'Giving up watching CSI:M' has the highest vote for now. That's really really sad. I know I'd still watch it coz H is there but to think that they're gonna lose so so SO many fans just because of some writers' fancy is a shame.

Still, I don't think we should give it up without watching it first. Maybe if it happens, we'd puke but at least we know FOR SURE that it's really bad. Otherwise, we would be missing out a lot.

8. ckyprincess

ckyprincess Judge

I'm saying yes they have lost the plot,but will watch regardless. I have grown really attached to these characters, even though the writters have taken a small detour. I hope they can get it back on track.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not really troubled by the fact, that AnnD changed Hs background. It mostly fits in the story. Only some references in S1 don't fit. ;)
    and if he was in bomb squad for some years (in S4 was no reference so far), the story with Al is valid too. Maybe H took some forensic-courses while he was in the sqad, because he wanted to become a CSI. and when they offered him the job he took it :D
    I think the NY-story fits more to the H we know since later S2. And I like this H from the later seasons even more than the one from S1

the writers need time to develope the story. I guess the whole storyarc change was one of AnnDs last minute ideas. so it's understandable.
    the only thing that shockd me was the baby-babble. But hopefully AnnD is just teasing us (understatement of the year :devil:)
    I hope the baby-spoiler is not true. I don't want to stop watching the show but when that spoiler really happens, I have to :(

10. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

It's not the fact that his 'new' background doesn't fit. I mean, let's face it, H is their creation, they can make anything 'fit' if they want to. It's more that they've created a new past for him that wasn't referred to at all (re NY) in the previous 3 seasons. That to me is unconvincing and lazy writing.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

one thing I like about tv shows are the continuing stories, the continuity.
    Yes they changed H backgroud and that shouldn't happen in a tv show. and the wiriters could have done a better job. but it also could be worse.
    They didn't made a complete tabula rasa and pretend like S1-3 never happend.
    they brought some chracters from S3 back like judge Ratner and the reporter. Suzie and Maddy will return eventually too.
    But with the Ray/Yelina story gone, there is not much "old material" left and they have to think of new stories. Of course it is their fault or better AnnDs fault that they now have to change things. No one made them to quit the Ray-Story so fast.

I think the writers do the best they can to make AnnDs crazy ideas worthwhile ;)

12. docfrog

docfrog Police Officer

so you are not shocked by every new woman, they put in H's life? Since when... :D Of course I still love H... and of course that they changed his background is not a catastrophe but just annoying, but I think, they could have done without... and what bothers me most of all is this constant "new-woman-in-his-life"-thing... that's what makes me fear every new episode and that's after all the thing, that drove us to our favorite spoiler, isn't it?

13. Guest

Guest Guest

of course I don't like it when Ann plays coupling with H. But compared with the baby-spoiler it's unimportant. Cause that spoiler maybe makes me to stop watching.
    and that freaks me out :eek:

14. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

If only TPTB knew...

15. CSI_Fanatic004

CSI_Fanatic004 Dead on Arrival

I voted yes, but I will still keep watching. I think they got to creative, and it keeps me nervous when I watch, because you never know what is going to happen next, which in a way is kinda fun. But Still, if their not carful, CSI: Miami may be the first of the three to go. But I still have hopes for, becouse season 4 has had two of my favrite episodes in it!And Another thing I forgot to add is the fact that two Babies are supposed to be born on CSI:Miami, and the dint say whos giving birth. Now if you ask me, thats going to far!