Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

Re: Harry Potter - Book 7 Theories

Two of America's top authors, John Irving and Stephen King, made a plea to J.K. Rowling on Tuesday not to kill the fictional boy wizard Harry Potter in the final book of the series, but Rowling made no promises.

Read here.

^^^

I'm curious as to which character is getting a "reprieve"? I hope it's Serius!

I have a feeling that Hermione will sacrifice herself for Harry, and then Hermione's love for Harry will help him survive again (just like with Lily when Harry was a baby).

greenfieldcsi said:
Oh..well i guess he could die as a sacrifice, but i would hate it if it happened!
I mean...Harrry has to live on...and theoreticly the prophecy says neither can live while the other survives!
So doesn´t that mean that once one is dead, the other won´t die(because of the other one?)
Ok is this really confusing?
I usually suck at explaining!

I have a feeling that Neville will have an even bigger role in the last book. (RE: to the writing in bold in specific) We all just assumed that it's a face-off between Voldemort and Harry, but what if there's another player. "Neither one can live while the other survives," to me, this sentence used in the book doesn't make sense in the context of it being two people. I think that Neville being the 'unchosen' one is in fact the chosen one and D put all the pressure onto someone else so when Neville was ready, he could surprise everyone. So if Neville survives, then Harry and Voldemort cannot, or if Neville is killed off then it is just between Harry and Voldemort and there are no other players making most of you right. So possibly some very crafty work from Dumbledore for the greater good.

But then again, I'm probably very, very wrong :lol:.
That's my 2 pence.

BabaOReilly said:
^^^

I'm curious as to which character is getting a "reprieve"? I hope it's Serius!

Aww, I hope its Sirius too. He and Lupin are my favorite characters. Gotta have some pity for him though. I mean he was stuck in prison for 12 years for a murder he didn't commit, on the run with a hippogriff and then stuck in a house he hates without any freedom. Poor guy. :(

At least we've only got another year to wait! I predict it'll come out June/July 2007 but I don't know so don't set it in stone.

Waouh if even Stephen King who is really sadistic with his characters, doesn't want Harry to die, there is no way she kills him :lol:

Hey, I'm new here. A couple weeks ago, I finally finished book 6. A little late, because I was really busy with school and such. When I read the end, I was really depressed. I already knew what was supposed to happen, but actually reading it is even more dramatic.

sissi59100 said:
Waouh if even Stephen King who is really sadistic with his characters, doesn't want Harry to die, there is no way she kills him :lol:

My brother says Stephen King doesn't want Harry to die because then no one can write a sequel to book 7. Because then it would definitely be the end. And because it has so much success, he thinks many writers would like it to continue.
You think my brother's right? I have no idea whether I should belive him.

Lizzy, death is not the end of a character, when it comes to fiction. Look at Sherlock Holmes! I also suspect that one day, Rowling's eldest daughter will write something, either about her mother & Harry, or another book relating to the series.

I agree with the posts about Neville being involved. But I took the "reprieve" remark to mean that she was not killing someone who would otherwise have been killed, rather than someone who was dead being brought back. I'm wondering if this is Snape, and he was due to die in book seven also.

AznxCSI said:
Aww, I hope its Sirius too. He and Lupin are my favorite characters. Gotta have some pity for him though. I mean he was stuck in prison for 12 years for a murder he didn't commit, on the run with a hippogriff and then stuck in a house he hates without any freedom. Poor guy. :(
I really hope Sirius returns. I was really upset when he died. I'm still wondering what the hell that vale is all about with the voices. :rolleyes: I really feel sorry for him. :(

I also think Neville will play a big role in the next book, I really hope so. I'm hoping that he will have some sort of heroic episode. I really hope Bellatrix gets killed off and I really want Neville to be the one who does it.

Tinkerbell said:
AznxCSI said:
I really hope Sirius returns. I was really upset when he died. I'm still wondering what the hell that vale is all about with the voices. :rolleyes: I really feel sorry for him. :(

I also think Neville will play a big role in the next book, I really hope so. I'm hoping that he will have some sort of heroic episode. I really hope Bellatrix gets killed off and I really want Neville to be the one who does it.

I vote for something slow and agonising, please! She's totally odious. Neville's quite good with plants, isn't he? Maybe he can feed her to one. :devil:

Haha That'd be totally awesome. Neville feeding Bellatrix to a plant, thats genius. Speaking of Sirius though, I was watching the first film and Hagrid comes in with that flying motorcyle and I wonder whats happended to it?

Back