Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows *Possible Spoilers*

Well. That's all I can manage for now... well. "Little Daniel" is all grown up now, isn't he?

There was some flap that some parents are very angry and upset, etc. that he is appearing nude in this play and are planning on boycotting the Harry Potter movies as a result. Now, I just don't get it. It's not as if he is taking his clothes off in the Harry Potter movies, nor did he sign some kind of contract preventing him from doing any other work while he was Harry. Are these people going to take their children to see "Equus?" Anyone have any thoughts?

Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows *Possible Spoilers*

That those people are lacking in the thinking department. Sounds like it's persons like that who don't like to think outside the box. They see and individual only one way and heaven forbid they do anything outside that vision. Sounds similar to all that flap about the Dakota Fanning child rape scene in some movie I can't remember. To go as far to boycott a movie... oh please... it's not like WB is gonna need their money anyway. For every one of them not going 10 more will be in their place to see the movie.

Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows *Possible Spoilers*

I think the Dakota Fanning movie you're talking about is "The Lovely Bones." I was really excited when I heard that Ann Sebold's novel was going into production and that Fanning was going to be involved.

Anyway. Radcliff is an actor, and it's not like he exclusively acts within the Harry Potter parameters. If parents and whoever can't deal with that, then they should honestly just live in a box. Half of the people who are making a big deal probably won't even have the opportunity to see "Equus" or know what it's about. All they hear is nudity, Dan Radcliff, and that kid from HP. *shakes head* Damn people.

'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows'? What kind of title is that??

At the end of book 6, Harry told Ron and Hermione [before they said that they would join him] that he was going to destroy the rest of the horcruxes, and then return to Godric's Hollow -- where his parents were murdered by Voldemort. Unfinished business, I suppose. I'm thinking that the final battle between Harry and the Dark Lord will take place there, a sort of full circle if you will.

New HP book will be published on July 21.

I can't wait for it!
When the last book came out, I had it pre-ordered, and it was supposed to arrive at my house the day it came out. I ended up waiting for like a week. This time, I'm going to brave the crowds at the book store. Though, I'll still have it pre-ordered, to be sure that I get a copy.

I go to the bookstores on the nights of it's release and get it at 12 in the morning.. I've done that for books 5 and 6.. and I love it!

DragonflyDreamer said:
When the last book came out, I had it pre-ordered, and it was supposed to arrive at my house the day it came out. I ended up waiting for like a week.

I was just thinking that very same thing. I know quite a few people that ended up waiting a couple of days before it turned up! I had bought it in a store the day it came out (they always order so many) and had finished it before others even had their preordered ones.

I am so excited about this book. I love Harry Potter, my whole family love Harry Potter, we always have to get two books so my husband and I can read it at the same time! :lol:

We didn't have any stores here that opened at midnight to release the book. I was dissapointed.
When the last book came out, we ended up with three copies at our house :lol: That was the fastest I've ever read a book. Except for the other HP books, of course :p

I can't wait for the new book :D

I'm hoping that the English version of the book will be out here too on the 21st of july ;) When the Dutch version of the book they always got something going on at midnight in my town too :)

I'm going to Waterstones at midnight to get this book. I guess i just like the excitment of it all. Even though i am looking forward to reading this book, i also feel a little sad. I am part of the generation that grew up with the Harry Potter books, and so now it is coming to an end i can't help but feel like my childhood is over. Does that make sense??
Anyway i hope this one is better then book 6.

Fool4love I know what you mean about when this over, part of your childhood is gone I feel sort of the same way. Beacuse of that I really don't want to read it, but I suppose you can't delay the inevidable.

I was at Barnes & Noble today and pre ordered my copy.

I'm tempted to pre order my copy but last time I just went to the shop and bought my copy the day of release. They had lots left. Not sure if this one will sell faster though with it being the last book and all. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens. Have to be good not to read the end first.

At the end of book 6, Harry told Ron and Hermione [before they said that they would join him] that he was going to destroy the rest of the horcruxes, and then return to Godric's Hollow -- where his parents were murdered by Voldemort. Unfinished business, I suppose. I'm thinking that the final battle between Harry and the Dark Lord will take place there, a sort of full circle if you will.
Yeah i know that, it's just that it's a stupid title for a book. In my opinion of course.

Wow, can't wait for the summer!
I really hope Harry doesn't die. But JK is killing everyone off.
I have a feeling Neville will go. I don't know why.

Back