Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

Re: Harry Potter - Book 7 Theories

Thank you for the links Hormiga :)

sissi, I think so, too. I have heard some theories about the end. Heck, she better change that if that's true!

I don't think she should change anything. She started out writing this for herself, and that's the way she should finish it. That's my opinion, anyway. That being said, I absolutely cannot wait to read it, however it ends :D

I'm sure I read somewhere that she'd always had the final chapter written already as she always knew how she wanted to end it, so I doubt she would change it that suddenly just to please the fans, as I suppose at the end of the day, shes got to be happy with it herself.

Can't wait for the release of the book though. No-one heard from me (including hubby and children) until I'd finished reading OOTP (which lucky for them only took a day!), so they are getting ready for this to happen again lol

What can I say? I feel for JK Rowling. Of course, I could never write a book, and I appreciate this girl's work, but I'd never copy someone's idea and make benefit from it...

I agree with you ^^. I mean i enjoy reading fanfictions, but i would never consider giving money to one writer for copying another authors work.

can she even do that? wouldnt there be copyrights over the characters, especially after it became so big?
i dont think its right, fanfic is one thing but turning a profit using someone elses hard work is completely different.
to me it almost comes out as insulting to j.k rowling. this series has been part of her life for the better part of a decade, and to have someone say they didnt like a certain part so they were going to write it 'better', and then end up selling it.
im sure its great writing, but i have little respect for people in all areas of media that use other peoples ideas and feed off their success.

Can't JK Rowling sue her? I mean those are her characters. Poor JK... I mean that's really not nice, cause those are JK's ideas.
Wow that other girl is so stupid!

I don't think that the characters in the book that was published are those of Harry Potter. According to the article linked above, this new novel is one of a series of three that "centres on a mysterious series of suicides amongst young people in the fictional community of Puerto Fake." Random House is a pretty big publisher, and I doubt they would publish anything that resembled Rowling's work enough to generate a plagiarism lawsuit.

Fanfiction, though, is written for the entertainment of other fans of works of fiction and are not generally done for profit. If you have a look at the site fanfiction.net, you will see the vast body of fan fiction that is written but not for profit. It looks like this young woman wrote something on her own to counter deficiencies that she found in Rowling's work. Good on her though - I can't finish a 50-page paper for a Master's degree, far less complete a 756-page work of fiction for people's entertainment.

oh ok, i may have interpretted the article wrong. i thought the published work was her fanfic. as long as shes not selling work using rowlings characters im ok with her

'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows'? What kind of title is that??

Whatever, this book better be thick. Really thick. I'm not gonna pay 40 bucks for some 200 page book.

My prediction? (Like many others) She's gonna release it on 7/7/07. Seventh day in the seventh month in the year 2007. Actaully, i hope she doesn't do that. That'll just be cheesy. The woman has led us astray before, maybe she wants us to think she'll do that. *shrugs shoulders* Eh. Overall, i don't care. I just want that book to be worth my money.

Springmoon is right.The book she has published had nothing to do with HP.
I posted it because I think it was interesting how people nowdays began writing fanfic and then become "real" writers as far as many people on this forum write fanfics and who knows,maybe they'll become writers with their own original ideas.

That's an interesting article, Hormiga, I forgot to thank you. Well, I don't know, I think JK Rowling has the copyrights for the characters. And WTF? This girl's book is more liked because it tells about the main characters' thoughts, not only Harry's. I don't think it's that important. This is the thing that makes the books unique. Well, ONE of several things.

Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows *Possible Spoilers*

Soon as we now know the name of the new book, me and WillowsWannaBe have decided to change the title of the thread. Looks at little better now! :D

I've already pre-ordered the book, I really cannot wait for it! :eek:

Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows *Possible Spoilers*

Our little HP is growing up *sighs* :devil:

danielradcliffe180vk9.jpg

danielradcliffe2320ul7.jpg

Back