H/Y H/C

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by roxbury_7800, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

er, if I may add to your spot on summary... :devil:

"....about H and H ...erm...he....

..assumes the "H" position (vulture-like posture with hands-on-hips)
    ..puts on his best wounded puppy dog face
    ..drums his fingers on his photo i.d.
    ..fingers his police badge
    ..swallows hard
    ..has the twitch over his left cheekbone go into overdrive
    ..does this weird forward-sideways shake of the head
    ..radiates white hot resentment at Stetler
    ..looks like he's so ready to jump Yelina's bones

....BUT doesn't open his freakin' mouth and say anything worth a romantic damn! <aargh!> :D

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Well, he is a man - what can we do :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. roxbury_7800

roxbury_7800 Coroner

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

4. stripforensics

stripforensics Judge

*offers opinion*

Everyone in Miami is way too good for H. ESPECIALLY Calleigh. H/C makes me vomit. Yelina's too good for Whoratio too.

5. roxbury_7800

roxbury_7800 Coroner

I have a few things I can disagree on.

In my opinion...

No one kick-ass more than Horatio, Speed doesn't kick that
    much ass, but in a way, I like him better than Horatio.
    But Speed's not better than Horatio. Did you guys get that?

I don't think Yelina, or Calleigh are better than Horatio.
    Far from it in fact...

It's spelt H-O-R-A-T-I-O, not W-H-O-R-A-T-I-O....
    H/C too, makes me vomit.

6. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Do you get that everyone is entitled to their own opinion? What is this, Totalitarianism?

Some people like Horatio, some don't. Just like you're entitled to shower him with praise every chance you get, they're entitled to criticize them every time they want.

7. AnnieLaurie

AnnieLaurie Lab Technician

It looks like a weird dance. :lol: Any idea why Horatio doesn't do anything.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Even you hate H,could you stop calling him Whoratio.

And of course you like women more... because, If I rememberright, YOU AREA GUY!

9. roxbury_7800

roxbury_7800 Coroner

I asked people if they got what I had said, because I
    thought it might have been confusing. Even I didn't
    understand what I said. I trailed off.. As in, it wasn't
    English. I didn't quite understand what I said!!! :mad:

10. AnnieLaurie

AnnieLaurie Lab Technician

I thought it was cute when you called him Whoratio. I didn't know if you mispelled his name or were just expressing your dislike for him creatively.

11. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

I asked people if they got what I had said, because I
    thought it might have been confusing. Even I didn't
    understand what I said. I trailed off.. As in, it wasn't
    English. I didn't quite understand what I said!!! :mad:

[/QUOTE]

It's ok Rox, I think you can put it down to a communication hiccup. I believe most understood what you meant. Like I've said before, you have a unique way of putting things across. So don't change! :)

12. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

<sigh> Like DaWacko said earlier, he's a man and thus a hostage to the whimsical dictates of his XY chromosomes. :D

Ok, my Cliff Notes version on “why Horatio doesn’t do anything“ <I will try to keep the soap bubbles to a minimum>....... :lol:

I think it’s painfully obvious that Horatio has Raymond and Yelina guilt issues just about the size of the Yukon territories. It has also been implied that Horatio and Yelina have a past history which never went its natural course because H didn't move quick enough. So Yelina moved on with her life and met and married Raymond. In the meantime, Horatio made like "Phantom of the Opera' (i.e. he stayed in the background) and got on with his professional life <I‘m ignoring the CBS site that sez H was married then got divorced since it has never been alluded to in the series>. Horatio never quite got over his feelings for Yelina so he caged them deep in flesh, blood and bone and threw away the key.

Then things changed. Raymond got killed. So when Horatio stepped in to lend family/emotional support to Yelina and Ray Jr., those long buried feelings for Yelina re-ignited with a vengeance. Not just for Horatio but obviously for Yelina as well. That's the pure hell of it........

Horatio continues to be emotionally shackled by the compounded guilt of having unresolved feelings for his brother’s wife when his brother was alive, guilt for when his brother got killed and guilt again when feelings for Yelina re-surfaced after Raymond’s death. So at the end of Season 2, we find Horatio at a personal crossroads. Déjà vu much? He’s let Yelina go again. But this time I don’t believe Horatio will be allowed to retreat into another self-imposed exile. However it breaks down, I think Season 3 will see the writers incrementally, through the episodes, ensure, as they have already implied, that Horatio will have an epiphany of sorts <Episode 24!>, presumably with regards to his “guilt bogeyman” and his relationship with Yelina.

"Stilleto heels, candles, champagne- he was on one killer date."
    -- Horatio

13. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Not to mention Horatio has placed Raymond on a damn high pedestal. It's been implied over and over that Raymond was a dirty cop. Obviously cheated on his wife, even Yelina knows that. But Horatio keeps trying to prove to himself that Raymond was pure and holly. Probably so he has an excuse not to go after Yelina.

I hope this season he realizes Raymond wasn't loved by everybody.

14. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

It's amazing just how much screen time Raymond is getting despite being dead and never ever having appeared in the series! :lol: Indeed, Horatio does seem to view his brother through a haze of guilt and misplaced loyalties.

<I posted the following in another thread in this forum but I'll do a re-cap her>. We all know about Hortaio's loony act of martyrdom of allowing Yelina to think Madison's his child so as to protect Yelina from the truth of Raymond's marital indiscretion, yes? So, what if Yelina is doing a Horatio i.e. also withholding some not-so-nice info. on Raymond coz she is trying to protect Horatio's memory of his younger brother.

You gotta figure that with Raymond being so deep undercover for an extended period of time AND a whacked Meth head, <hellish combo for sustaining any semblance of normal family life>, he couldn't have been at all pleasant to deal with during the times he came home. Furthermore, there's no way Raymond could have stayed cold turkey at home.

We know from "Big Brother" that after a while Raymond didn't go home at all. So I wonder if this was really because in his whacked out Meth state, Raymond had initiated a violent incident at home with either Yelina or Ray Jr. Raymond would have then either been barred from the house by Yelina or decided himself to remain away from his family for fear of causing additional hurt. If this is true and Horatio found out, H would be devastated.

15. SGBSFL

SGBSFL Victim

I am an total H/Y shipper ,problem is that there is hardly an fanfiction anywhere about them ,like 10,000 words and more is what I need. I only started watching this show lately but so far all the evidense points to H/Y only

I mean come on did you see that kiss... and that last hug she gave him....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.