H/Cal #2: "Hot flashes. But that's just them" - DuCaine

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by zippy, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Yay!! More posts!! It's good to see more people.

"The Hug" has always been THE perfect Horatio and Calleigh moment for me, and of course for everyone!! I suppose the reason why it looks wierd is because Horatio is holding the ballistics report for Speed's gun, so he couldn't put his other arm around her shoulders(that'd be awkward!!) But a wonderful hug anyway, and it's so adorable that Calleigh's on her toes, makes it even more beautiful to me... sigh :D

Great lyrics, Casper, and I totally agree. Calleigh has been way too moody lately, and I really miss her lovely smile. You know it's funny that she smiled so much more when Horatio was around. Hmmm, I wonder... :p Anyway, hopefully we'll see a grin on her face, and Horatio by her side. Here's hoping. C'mon Palm, please convince Ann!! You can do it!!

Once again, "Under Suspicon" was a great DuCaine episode, and one of my faves from S4. Loved the caps, Casper. It does make you wonder... heh heh heh :devil:

Come on everybody, make it 24 pages!! Let's move to DuCaine shipper thread #3!! WOOO!! Getting ahead of myself, but I know we can do it!! See ya!!

:)

2. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Oh yeah I'm still alive :D I have moved house and my broadband is not connected yet :eek:
    Just popping in, will be around properly again soon :p

Ah I don't only post Westlife Casp I think I put one SClub song on once ;)

Cal did sleep in an eppy once...think 'Broken' I love to great H/C eppy..see you soon folks :cool:

3. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Ahhh!! LizzyLizzyLizzyLizzy!!!! You're back..well, not officialy but still, you Popped in! Ouh... apologies! I do remember that song actually. Hehe...but no matter.

I hope you finally manage to settle into your new home somewhere. Will be anticipating the time when you'll come around! :D :D

Ouh yeah...Cal slept briefly on that episode. What can I say, it was one tough episode.

@ Emerald:

Yeah..hehe..I have pointed that out several times. That Cal jsut seems to smile alot around him. But besides that, I'm really upset at the way H have been treating her in S4. He keeps trying to push her away. All the rest of the characters are all involved and she's there standing at the sidelines, watching. This is unacceptable :mad:. One of these days, I swear I'm gonna explode.

4. EmeraldEyes06

Welcome back, Footyliz!! They're coming back!!! More DuCainers, yay!!

Casper, I completely sympathise. Most of us feel the same way, trust me, myself included!! Don't blow up, we'll have to clean up the mess!! Only joking!! It gets too much sometimes, believe me. :mad:

If you're in an angsty mood, here's an image that struck me...

*He's so faraway*, she thinks. IF YOU THINK THAT'S FAR AWAY, WAIT 'TIL SEASON 4 CAL!!!

I'm usually in high spirits, but lately... let's just say the producers and writers have been pushing my buttons and sending me over the edge.. AAAHH!!!! :eek:

But in case you want to be cheered up, here's a S2 moment...

Cal swabbing Clavo's spit off Horatio's lovely jacket...

Horatio: "I love it when they help, don't you?"

Nice moment... shame about the jacket though...

Hope you like, I aim to please!! :D

Buh bye!!

5. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

:lol: No kidding! Ann has just been too much.

Blood Brothers...ahh...hehe. You know, I think I might be compiling all the DuCaine pictures that I have kept over the past year or so. Hmmm...maybe I'll post em here.

I am cheered up Emerald. Thank you :).

6. EmeraldEyes06

I'm glad, Casper, and you're welcome. Though "Blood Brothers" had that moment, Hagen made me so mad!! The way he leered at her when she was loading the spear-shooter... brrrr... :mad: PERV!!! And when he gave her the ice-pack, and touching her hair, I was yelling, "Get your grubby paws off Horatio's Calleigh RIGHT NOW!!!" He annoys me. :eek:

You know, a song struck me today, kinda in the way I realised that Calleigh and Horatio's feelings aren't yet revealed, that Cal can't speak her mind in S4 as much as we would like her to. Similar to when her song, or her love for Horatio goes...

Unsung - Vanessa Carlton

If only I could get into that corner of your head
    Where things finally match, and meet the standards that you set
    Oh, how I wish I was the treasure that you were lookin' for
    Bet I would feel better, if only I could find the door

I am cryin'
    You aren't tryin'
    I am melting away

[chorus]
    I wait for the words on the tip of your tounge
    I'm only as good as the last one
    Well you decide and I abide, as my song goes unsung (yeah, yeah, yeah)

Things are goin' crazy and I'm not sure who to blame
    Everything is changing and I do not feel the same
    I'm slippin' through the cracks of floors I thought that were strong
    I'm tryin' to find a place where I can feel like I belong

Well, I am cryin'
    You aren't tryin'
    I am melting away

[chorus]

If I could be the lesson that you learn, you learn if only
    I could be the last one that love burns, its burns...yeah
    [2x]

If only I could get into that corner of your head
    Where things finally match, and meet the standards that you set
    Oh, how I wish I was the treasure that you were lookin' for
    Bet I would feel better if I could find the door

Well, I am cryin'
    You aren't tryin'
    And I am melting away

[chorus]

Listen to this song, it's so good, and I think it describes their situation so well as of now. I LOVE VANESSA CARLTON!! I can play "A Thousand Miles"!!

Here is just a section from "Ordinary Day"...

"As I looked up into those eyes,
    His vision borrows mine..."

So reminds of the looks they gave in the good ol' days!!

See you real soon!! :)

7. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

You know what's ironic? I have been listening to "Ordinary Day". Ehehe...I say, great minds think alike yes Emerald? :D

Ouh! Speaking of Hagen. He is just like Rick Stetler. Only he irritates me a whole lot more! There was one scene in an episode which I've forgotten, a body was found dead in a car. Shot in the heart. Cal had to process the scene and ouh wooho, Hagen had to be there. So when Cal said that the vic had died from a shot in the heart, Hagen had to cut in and say, "Shot in the heart? Hmm, kind of personal isn't it?" and gave her this downright-annoying-stare I've ever seen! Damn him! I've wished that I could kick him all the way to the Zimbabwe river! But alas, my services were not needed after all. He bloody killed himself! *sings 'Joyful joyful'* :lol:

8. EmeraldEyes06

Totally, Casp !! That's what I love about fandoms, people realise they have so much in common!! That made me smile!! :D

To be honest, both Hagen and Stetler push my buttons, and I'm sure shippers for both H/Y and H/C ships would agree, 'cos they're monkey wrenches in the works of Horatio's love-life!! OMG, give the man a break!! :mad:
    But now that Hagen's gone bye-bye(ALLELUIA!!), I aim to forget about him, but he still makes me mad 'cos Cal's all depressed after him!! I mean, doing it in front of her... that was a bit much, ya think?? No wonder she's gloomy... :(

Here are some Avril Lavigne lyrics from her first album that best describe things from Calleigh's POV at the moment, really rocky and angsty. This is what I think she felt after the hug in Lost Son, and the distance they experienced following that. Also, how she would feel if Horatio turned to her only for comfort after Marisol. This is Calleigh, after Hagen, her father, and Horatio all let her alone, she is finally...

Losing Grip

Are you aware of what you make me feel, baby?
    right now I feel invisible to you, like I'm not real
    Didn't you feel me lock my arms around you?
    Why'd you turn away?
    Here's what I have to say

I was left to cry there
    Waiting outside there
    Grinning with a lost stare
    That's when I decided

Why should I care?
    Cause you weren't there
    When I was scared
    I was so alone
    You, You need to listen
    I'm starting to trip
    I'm losing my grip
    And I'm in this thing alone

Am I just some chick
    you placed beside you
    to take somebody's place?
    When you turn around
    can you recognize my face?
    You used to love me
    you used to hug me
    but that wasn't the case
    everything wasn't okay

I was left to cry there
    Waiting outside there
    Grinning with a lost stare
    That's when I decided

Why should I care?
    Cause you weren't there
    when I was scared
    I was so alone
    You! You need to listen
    I'm starting to trip
    I'm losing my grip
    and I'm in this thing alone

Crying out loud
    I'm crying out loud
    crying out loud
    I'm crying out loud

Open your eyes
    open up wide

Why should I care?
    Cause you weren't there
    when I was scared
    I was so alone

Why should I care?
    Cause you weren't there
    when I was scared
    I was so alone

Why should I care?
    If you don't care
    then I don't care
    we're not going anywhere

Why should I care?
    Cause you weren't there
    when I was scared
    I was so alone

Why should I care?
    if you don't care
    then I don't care
    we're not going anywhere

Love this song!! ROCK ON!!

Oh, and before I forget, just one question: When did Calleigh pat Horatio's head?? I've never seen that ep, or did it really happen? Just to know so I can find the DVD with that episode, watch it and make my day today... SWOON!!

Bye!! :)

9. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

:lol: Well to answer your question, I remember vividly that there have never been an episode where Cal patted Horatio's head. Hehe..don't know what made you get that idea but the thought actually makes me squirm. What would it actually mean if she pats his head? He ain't no dog ya know! :lol: :lol:

It's official then. Calleigh cannot be left by herself. I know she's an independent woman, carries a gun of her own and is super fiesty but she needs some lovin' too.

It's weird because I don't think Calleigh have ever loved Hagen. He's big, burly, rather sheepish looking, can be sloppy, walks like a robot and talks like there's gold in his mouth. What does Cal sees in him? Better yet, what the fudge were the writers thinking, pairing them up together like that. But in all honesty, the tension of Cal's and Hag's relationship was what brought H closer. He really wanted to know what's up and he was super annoyed when Hagen started being harsh towards Cal in "The Best Defense". Not to mention her alcoholic dad. Man! Where did all this storyline and plots disappeared to!? :mad:

10. Palm

Palm Coroner

*brushes off coat* Yeah, sorry I haven't been responding. College demands my soul with an iron fist. Bah.

^As to what Casp is saying, Hagan WAS horrible to her. He was like that creepy boyfriend who, whenever he sees you with another man, he HAS to be there to go "Back off!" And it's really uncomfortable. My bet is that she dated him as a "Rebellion" against H and his horrible way of not paying attention to her. And then he did start to, which made her a typical "Hahaha! I've got him on the ropes!" type of girl. Then Yelina came along and my heart fell through my chest. But that's another story.

And, the Calleigh patting H's head? I think Casper and I made that up a while back. I remember the dialogues of me writing H & Cal and at the end, Calleigh usually patted his head in quite shame.

11. EmeraldEyes06

Oh ok, pardon my mistake!! I was hoping for some cute interaction, but oh well, hush my mouth!! (smacks head over and over.. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!) I'm such a ditz, OMG!! :eek:

Ok... I'm done with the self-reprimanding, back to real discussion. Hagen and Cal never really had that much of a relationship anyway, but I believe she cared for him, not loved him... even if he did act all spoiled most of the time... OK, ALL the time. :rolleyes: And if a guy resents your boss AND your dad, that's got to be annoying, I can only imagine. Jealousy also played a big part, especially when Cal said she's walking the lonely road with Horatio. I bet that pushed his buttons!! Tee-hee... :devil:

Again, sorry for the mistake. Loved those captions from the last thread, HILARIOUS!! Why don't we do captions again sometime??

See ya!!

12. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Well well, if it isn't Palm..

ooh CSI_G! Your back, yay, we can parta!

Songs! I need to get those.. Yup, we do.

EE, Don't worry about Palm. ;)

Yeah, who took my captions fun away? Bring it back!!!. Demands it. Post a pic, Casp!

Ain't it 2 days now?

13. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Ouh!....Oh noo..nonono.. :lol: The mods will have my arse if we ever started more captions. Hehe...not saying that I didn't enjoy myself. Those were fun times... :)

I've never really figured out why Hagen shot himself. I know I've speculated in my Fanfic, saying that John was slipping away, what with his partner's death issue becoming a public thing. And then Cal saying something that made him real upset. Maybe that pushed him over the edge you know. Weelll, turns out the big, strong, intimidating Hagen can't handle rejection well. :p

You know, I was just watching 'Nailed' today and man...there was this scene where Ryan asked Cal if she's ever had rough sex. And ya know what she said, "Why don't you concentrate on the crime scene." Then she turned around and smiled to herself and well yeah, I'm speculating again but I am going to keep it to myself thank you! :lol:

I happen to think that a jealous H is very eye-candy. But seeing Hagen jealous when he spotted Cal with that Jeffrey guy or something was nauseating. He dosen't fit the profile really. I think it would have been so much better if H was jealous. :devil:

I mean, how many of you think that a jealous H is sexier!?

14. Palm

Palm Coroner

*snort* He REALLY asked her that? No wonder she was like "....CRIME SCENE! *hideface*" I would be too :lol: I think Ryan's a little clueless (In the cutest way possible ^0^ ) About Calleigh's relationship from H. And I speculate that because I live in a fantasy world where Ann D is on an island. Without a pen. And no paper. And H and Cal live separately but happily sneaking around the office a lot. Y'know, avoid suspicion.

15. EmeraldEyes06

Well, Casper... Horatio doesn't show a lot of emotion. If he did get jealous over Cal's love interests, I'd find that sexy, 'cos it would show that he really cares about her... and I'd think to myself, "Down boy! Easy, tiger!! Rarr!!" :devil: Tee hee...

I love Horatio, I love him with my heart and soul, but he really needs to blow his top sometime, just lose it at something or someONE who hasn't has a run in with the law... though he has come close with Stetler... "Punch him out!!" I screamed one time. Must've been the episode where H famously quoted, "Rule number one, NEVER mess with Calleigh Duqesne." Swoon!! :) If Horatio ever did lose it, it wouldn't be a bad thing, 'cos he's only human, and everyone loses it once in a while, even Horatio Caine. Please please please Cal, make him jealous... WHAT AM I SAYING??!! :eek: sigh... I need to make my mind up on that one. Can the man BE any more sexy?? :confused: He already makes me go, "Homina homina homina" when he smiles, or talks, or gives a look or... ok, I'm really off on a tangent. Must be that time of night!!

Anyway, if he did get jealous, that would make great T.V. I'd be glued to the tube!! And... he'd be even more sexy to me than he already is, which is EXTREMELY sexy!!

Are you all looking forward to Season 5 tomorrow?? "Rio" should be amazing!! We have to wait over here in Ireland, and I hope it's worth the wait when it comes to our DuCaine!!

'Night!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.